Recent Topics

Ads

For the game developers team

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Gurf

Re: For the game developers team

Post#21 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:53 pm

Many of the high RR Maras admitted on this forum that their aoe damage was too high, was quite refreshing to see people being objective. What other order buffs are you talking about? the SW nerfs? IB can now generate ap? (which could already be provided to group by RP and WP if needed)

Ads
Gurf

Post#22 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:58 pm

Also Destro clearly haven't even been trying to defend forts the last week or so, you can tell because Order takes all the BO's now very quickly with hardly any taken back, giving them loads of time to attack.

Yet it was only a few weeks before when destro had around 60% of the population and getting to Altdorf every day, so i'm sure it will swing back soon

Diragi

Post#23 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:01 pm

Last fort I was in we were taking so much damage through the door (even w/ 8 healers) we were having to rez and scramble for safe spots inside even before the push. That really hasn't happened before except for if you were at the door.

Note: even when Destro was in Altdorf daily we were still loosing forts.

farng84

Post#24 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:05 pm

Gurf wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:58 pm Also Destro clearly haven't even been trying to defend forts the last week or so, you can tell because Order takes all the BO's now very quickly with hardly any taken back, giving them loads of time to attack.

Yet it was only a few weeks before when destro had around 60% of the population and getting to Altdorf every day, so i'm sure it will swing back soon
Please note that IC was being pushed about the same number of times. I also disagree with the defence as I was there quite often...we just get steamrolled.
There might be a slight lack of healers/tanks as it often happens on both sides and lack of coordination, but if it looks like we are not even trying you can understand why destro claims we are having a problem

Naelar

Post#25 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:54 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:30 am Destro is losing oRvR only, because they refuse to login before City Siege.
There are also quite a few Destro folks leveling/gearing Order toons at the moment.

nuadarstark

Post#26 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:55 pm

Well Foof, to be quite honest, as a person who is also in those forts and sieges (and then cities), if I saw half of the gusto in oRvR I see from destro City groups, I think the outcome would still be different. I've literally seen destro not try to defend at all several times this week - all just sitting on the stairs, with 20 people on main trying to do something. So I'm gonna stand behind my opinion there.

And while you do have Gitbane, TUP, etc again playing more on Order side, they're not all/majority destro players coming to Order. My alliance is pulling some absurd numbers right now and while some of the folks we have are coming from the destro side, there is a ton of Order that just got fed up and got organised, as well as new players.

The toughness and absorb mitigation calculation for sure changed a lot of things, with ranged/dot based classes being particularly disgusting last week. Hell, I'm still convinced disrupt is doing absolutely nothing right now (main WP so I have ton of it, still getting massively burned down by maguses and sorcs). I think they'll have to play around with the whole system a bit more to be quite honest. But I also think that change affected both sides and both sides can adjust for it.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

Spellbound

Post#27 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:04 pm

nOobZz wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:59 am Hello developers, I am writing this message to you in order to understand the purpose of your various updates for some time between the decreases in the capacities of certain destruction classes and the increase of certain order classes. It is clear that our no longer gain anything capital, scenario etc.
Tell you that warhammer online is still being played now is that this game is free, it would pay in my personal opinion a lot of destruction players would have stopped the subscription.
So remember that there are two factions and that the game will continue to live only if the balance exists between these camps, otherwise all your work, all your time to put this game back into operation will have been for nothing.
I hope you will take the time to read and understand this post because I am a player who likes this game like many other destruction players but its not playable on the destruction side anymore.
My sincere greetings to the whole team.

Mr nOobZz.
Long winded way to say the game is free. Taken from the best and intend to keep it.

M0rw47h

Post#28 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:08 pm

I hope NGE swaps to Destro soon, just to show you how to play this game.

Ads
Foofmonger

Post#29 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:50 pm

nuadarstark wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:55 pm Well Foof, to be quite honest, as a person who is also in those forts and sieges (and then cities), if I saw half of the gusto in oRvR I see from destro City groups, I think the outcome would still be different. I've literally seen destro not try to defend at all several times this week - all just sitting on the stairs, with 20 people on main trying to do something. So I'm gonna stand behind my opinion there.

And while you do have Gitbane, TUP, etc again playing more on Order side, they're not all/majority destro players coming to Order. My alliance is pulling some absurd numbers right now and while some of the folks we have are coming from the destro side, there is a ton of Order that just got fed up and got organised, as well as new players.

The toughness and absorb mitigation calculation for sure changed a lot of things, with ranged/dot based classes being particularly disgusting last week. Hell, I'm still convinced disrupt is doing absolutely nothing right now (main WP so I have ton of it, still getting massively burned down by maguses and sorcs). I think they'll have to play around with the whole system a bit more to be quite honest. But I also think that change affected both sides and both sides can adjust for it.
I'm in them too on both sides, and I know who is swapping from one realm to another.

Listen to what I'm telling you. "The destro city groups are the Order ORvR fort pushing groups". They aren't different people.

But yes, I think that's a reasonable take. The changes have had an impact and we will have to see how everything plays out. I'm not trying to say "X needs to be nerfed or buffed", just making sure we all understand that the combat system has gone through some BIG changes and we will have to see how the dust settles and what other changes may be needed.

My own personal feelings on the subject at the moment are: The number 1 class that has benefitted from the current changes and is now frankly just overtuned is the Slayer. That being said, I don't yet feel confident enough to say that this IS definitely the problem or that there should be changes. Just giving you a preview of what I'm experiencing and what's bubbling up in my mind (from both and Order and Destro perspective).

Remember, for all those people saying "well high RR Marauders came out and said something was overtuned". Yes we did and I was one of the main people saying this. I am trying to balance the game, even if it means nerfing my own classes. I sincerely wish people of various classes on both sides start taking balance more objectively and seriously and not try to just be selfish in "me want buffs that benefit me and me want nerfs tha thurt you" simplistic logic.

Gurf

Post#30 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:18 pm

Foofmonger wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:50 pm
I'm in them too on both sides, and I know who is swapping from one realm to another.

Listen to what I'm telling you. "The destro city groups are the Order ORvR fort pushing groups". They aren't different people.

But yes, I think that's a reasonable take. The changes have had an impact and we will have to see how everything plays out. I'm not trying to say "X needs to be nerfed or buffed", just making sure we all understand that the combat system has gone through some BIG changes and we will have to see how the dust settles and what other changes may be needed.

My own personal feelings on the subject at the moment are: The number 1 class that has benefitted from the current changes and is now frankly just overtuned is the Slayer. That being said, I don't yet feel confident enough to say that this IS definitely the problem or that there should be changes. Just giving you a preview of what I'm experiencing and what's bubbling up in my mind (from both and Order and Destro perspective).

Remember, for all those people saying "well high RR Marauders came out and said something was overtuned". Yes we did and I was one of the main people saying this. I am trying to balance the game, even if it means nerfing my own classes. I sincerely wish people of various classes on both sides start taking balance more objectively and seriously and not try to just be selfish in "me want buffs that benefit me and me want nerfs tha thurt you" simplistic logic.
Why does it benefit the Slayer more than any other class? I thought it was a change to Dots so classes like Engi, Magus etc would benefit the most

Why does it benefit the Slayer more than the Choppa? I did a City yesterday and that Choppa Ummuruk (sp?) was doing absolutely insane damage that both a WP and RP combined couldn't heal through, he more or less single handedly minced our whole instance doing more damage than 2/3rds of the rest of his Destro warband combined