Recent Topics

Ads

AUCTION HOUSE patch 10/06/2020 feedback

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Goryak

AUCTION HOUSE patch 10/06/2020 feedback

Post#1 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:03 pm

So, this:
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:13 pm [Auction House]

- Auction House fees have been adjusted. On Live the fees were 20% of the vendor price of the item and this amount would be taken when the item was listed. On Return of Reckoning the UI would reflect the functionality on live, but would take out 10% of the buy it now price when the item is sold. The fees will now flucuate depending on the Rating of the City. The higher the rating the lower fees. Fees will now also be taken when listing an item instead of when it is sold and its based on the buy it now price you put. The fee structure is as follows:

- 1 * => 10%
- 2 * => 8%
- 3 * => 6%
- 4 * => 4%
- 5 * => 2%

This is subject to change.

- Results returned from searches has been tweaked to order by lowest price and then by most recently listed. Meaning you do not need to undercut someone to have your item sell first. Previously items were shown in order they were listed in the auction house. *

"Subject to change", then I'd like to try and make an argument for it.

As it stands, just the act of putting an auction up can be quite punishing, depending on city stars (and living in the age of city pushes meaning cities are most likely at 1-3 stars max) it can lead to some pretty high taxes (40g - 150g for example) JUST for placing an item up without a sale being guaranteed ofc.

Taxing fees also do not show up in chat so one kind of has to guess why one's 50g poorer when one didn't buy anything that day, for example.
A little chat message mentioning how much you were taxed would be nice if nothing else is changed at least.

No taxes are always preferred both ingame and irl but that's daydreaming unless we're living in Bermuda or other magical places! :P

Undercutting (even with the listing change that was implemented) is a snowball that once it starts rolling it can take weeks/months to dissipate and even then, some items don't recover, meaning that even if you're the first and only person to put an item up, one single person can start an undercutting snowball and you're never really going to sell the item you first put up AND if you decide to join the undercutting snowball to try and sell your item by cancelling and reposting, you will still be down the taxing fee from your first post and now from your second one, as you join the snowball.

The current auction house taxing fee system does not seem to encourage one to be active once an auction is posted, instead it seems to encourage staleness, consequently creating an auction house that is riddled with auctions that have been up for ages but no one taking them down because they invested (taxing fee) in putting them up for sale and decide to "ride it out" in the hope it sells.

I don't think it is too crazy or even crazy at all to ask for the return of the taxing fee IF the person CANCELS their own auction.

Nothing sold, nothing taxed, simple.

A different option would be to go back to being taxed upon a sale being completed, seems reasonable as well.

I do believe any of these two options would create a more active and less punishing auction house where people are not afraid of not getting a guaranteed sale thus creating an auction house that is fresher and not clogged with old auctions.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Colours, font size and bold added to lessen the "text block" feel.
Last edited by Goryak on Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
NUMBER 1 SHR :shock: O :shock: O :shock: O :shock: O :shock:O :shock: O :shock: MIES CONSUMER!!!
RESPONSIBLY

Ads
Akalukz

Re: AUCTION HOUSE patch 10/06/2020 feedback

Post#2 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:20 pm

Good arguments! With the increased speed of city seiges (which seem encouraged with recent changes / no rez / double ram on doors) i foresee 1 Star cities forever.
-= Agony =-

nuadarstark

Post#3 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:36 pm

Yeah, I think this change needs to be adjusted too. People already don't buy on AH enough, so putting high value item there is just asking for trouble - at that point it's better to spam Trade channel, which is what people do all the time now for everything from basic potions to armour tali mats.

Plus Altdorf is usually at least holding inbetween 3 to 5 stars at various points of the week, due to us actually defending it regularly, IC is falling back to 1 star off cooldown...
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

Rydiak

Post#4 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:37 pm

nuadarstark wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:36 pm Plus Altdorf is usually at least holding inbetween 3 to 5 stars at various points of the week, due to us actually defending it regularly, IC is falling back to 1 star off cooldown...
I wonder why Destro isn't defending IC better. Maybe they need to organize more.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

nuadarstark

Post#5 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:21 pm

Well, I know that people throw it to xrealmers and "destro suddenly going order", but we did just create a massive, server wide alliance that in it's peak hours has 130+ folks online and I don't think the regular destro pop can quite compete with that once you add Order guilds not included in there such as Bene, CNTK, TUP and now WoM.

Turns out, destro is in shambles without the 3 FMJ-PnP-Alli WBs they have on during their best days.

Akalukz

Post#6 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:47 pm

nuadarstark wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:21 pm Well, I know that people throw it to xrealmers and "destro suddenly going order", but we did just create a massive, server wide alliance that in it's peak hours has 130+ folks online and I don't think the regular destro pop can quite compete with that once you add Order guilds not included in there such as Bene, CNTK, TUP and now WoM.

Turns out, destro is in shambles without the 3 FMJ-PnP-Alli WBs they have on during their best days.
Funny how you guys all flipped sides at the same time, instead of splitting up and facing off against each other. Wouldn't it make more sense for server health for you guys to self balance a bit?
-= Agony =-

nuadarstark

Post#7 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:46 am

Akalukz wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:47 pm
nuadarstark wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:21 pm Well, I know that people throw it to xrealmers and "destro suddenly going order", but we did just create a massive, server wide alliance that in it's peak hours has 130+ folks online and I don't think the regular destro pop can quite compete with that once you add Order guilds not included in there such as Bene, CNTK, TUP and now WoM.

Funny how you guys all flipped sides at the same time, instead of splitting up and facing off against each other. Wouldn't it make more sense for server health for you guys to self balance a bit?
Sorry mate, never played anything else than Order, personally. As did most of my guild and a very big portion of our allies. And it's not like folks are not switching to Destro too, NGE is full on there for example.

Months and months Order was being zerged around by destro and everything was fine and dandy. Order pushes for a bit and we get "self balance you cowards". Sure mate...

Goryak

Post#8 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:44 am

Ok, the "bash the other side" forum routine on a thread that does't have much to do with it is now complete.

Now that you got it all out of your chests let's please stay on topic, it's already hard as it is to get a staff reply most of the time so derailing the thread won't help at all.

Cheers.
NUMBER 1 SHR :shock: O :shock: O :shock: O :shock: O :shock:O :shock: O :shock: MIES CONSUMER!!!
RESPONSIBLY

Ads
Naelar

Post#9 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:47 pm

Rydiak wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:37 pm
nuadarstark wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:36 pm Plus Altdorf is usually at least holding inbetween 3 to 5 stars at various points of the week, due to us actually defending it regularly, IC is falling back to 1 star off cooldown...
I wonder why Destro isn't defending IC better. Maybe they need to organize more.
Quite a few of them are lvling Order toons atm.
You should thank them for helping you get Invader medals from forts.

Akalukz

Post#10 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:04 pm

Spoiler:
nuadarstark wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:46 am
Akalukz wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:47 pm

Sorry mate, never played anything else than Order, personally. As did most of my guild and a very big portion of our allies. And it's not like folks are not switching to Destro too, NGE is full on there for example.

Months and months Order was being zerged around by destro and everything was fine and dandy. Order pushes for a bit and we get "self balance you cowards". Sure mate...
Ahh i must have misunderstood your post. I thought you meant you all came from destro to order and create a big alliance
EDIT: Sorry for the derail OP
-= Agony =-