Recent Topics

Ads

AUCTION HOUSE patch 10/06/2020 feedback

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Goryak

Re: AUCTION HOUSE patch 10/06/2020 feedback

Post#21 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:38 pm

Refrain from reading any further if you think the current AH system is flawless and will not be changed even if the community that certainly uses it more than the staff is telling you that it is not good nor is it a positive QoL change (at all), you will be wasting your time reading......
Spoiler:
MaxHayman wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:22 am Right so let just detail some of the implementations of the system.

Mythic (post removal of bidding):
- Listing Fee of 20% of vendor price for item.
- Maximum listing of 48 hours.

Previously on RoR:
- Exchange fee of 10%.
- 30 Day listing.

Currently:
- Listing fee of up to 10% depending on City Rating (1* 10%, 2* 8%, 3* 6%, 4* 4%, 5* 2%)
- 30 Day listing.

The 20% of vendor sell price would be tricky for us as we do not have accurate data and it would take a long time to conjour.

We researched a few other Auction Houses in MMOs. Here are some.

Guild Wars 2
Spoiler:
5% listing (Not refunded on cancel), 10% transaction. Total of 15% on sold items, which is more than we had before.

World of Warcraft
Spoiler:
Relatively short listings. High % of vendor price. Not refunded on cancel.

Star Wars TOR
Spoiler:
hat you pay to get an item to an auction is a deposit. And you get it back when the auction ends, whether successfully or not. If the item is sold, a commission is deduced from the credits you receive.

For a two-day auction, the deposit is 15 % of the asking price. The commission is 3 % of the price (Source: my own calculations based on 4 successful sales.)

For example, in the sale from the screenshot below, the asking price was 1800 credits, the deposit was 15 % of that, or 270 credits (it was a two-day auction) and the commision was 6 % of the price, or 108 credits. So, I received 1800 + 270 - 108 = 1962 credits.
Not refunded on cancel. 15% fee if item doesnt sell, 6% fee if item does sell.

It seems that these games implement a high listing fee to discourage people listing items with highly inflated prices. Meaning if people don't want to pay a high listing fee, then they have to sell it at a price they think will sell. This reduces the cost people are paying for items and additionally the lower the price the, more likely it is to sell. With auctions at lower, more reasonable prices, they should sell more quickly instead being listed for 30 days at a high price.

We decided to take some aspects of this concept and blend it into the current system without raising fees for high quality competitive auctions. Sellers can pay from as little as 2% for listing fees, and as much as 10%, depending on the Rating of the City. So right now (Altdorf is 4* and I can list an item for 10g and pay 40s fee) https://i.imgur.com/Bq7c5q4.png , you chose when to list the item. Where as before the change if the item sold the fee would have been 1g. Additionally if there is a chance the item would not sell it encourages sellers to not inflate prices without consequences as it was before, making it more fair for consumers. Newly listed items are returned first in search results, meaning additionally undercutting rivals has no gain. Additionally items are listed for much higher than other MMOs at 30 days.

Goryak wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:03 pm Taxing fees also do not show up in chat so one kind of has to guess why one's 50g poorer when one didn't buy anything that day, for example.
Fees are displayed when listing an item right next to where you enter the price you would like it to sell for. This updates dynamically when you change the price.
Spoiler:
Whilst all the information dumped is appreciated, this thread was not created with a question mark, asking WHY the changes were made, the thread was created as Feedback, we the players telling you WHY the system is bad.

MaxHayman wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:22 ammaking it more fair for consumers

Here I do ask why. Why must it be "more fair for consumers", the guys that just click the Buy button and go on their way when the seller has to spend his/her time farming for a material, cultivating something, buying containers, farming dungeons and whatnot. Why do you not make it "more fair for sellers"? Because we get a profit from the sale? Then again, we might not, with your system, taxing before even a sale is completed.

No one is asking for no tax, we're SIMPLY asking for a system that taxes ON SALE (logical) as we had before. Current system is, put the auction up with a prayer and forget about it because cancelling and being active is discouraged with these posting fees.

Taxed for posting something up instead of being taxed for selling something........ is this the post office? I think I am out of stamps.

TAX the seller ON SALE.
NUMBER 1 SHR :shock: O :shock: O :shock: O :shock: O :shock:O :shock: O :shock: MIES CONSUMER!!!
RESPONSIBLY

Ads
Grock

Post#22 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:25 pm

MaxHayman wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:22 amNewly listed items are returned first in search results, meaning additionally undercutting rivals has no gain.
Might want to double check this one, a friend of mine just posted some talismans:

And they aren't in the results despite being both cheaper and fresher than other lots:
Unfiltered:
Spoiler:
Filtered by price:
Spoiler:
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Kpi

Post#23 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:54 pm

Goryak wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:38 pm Refrain from reading any further if you think the current AH system is flawless and will not be changed even if the community that certainly uses it more than the staff is telling you that it is not good nor is it a positive QoL change (at all), you will be wasting your time reading......
Spoiler:
MaxHayman wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:22 am Right so let just detail some of the implementations of the system.

Previously on RoR:
- Exchange fee of 10%.
- 30 Day listing.

Currently:
- Listing fee of up to 10% depending on City Rating (1* 10%, 2* 8%, 3* 6%, 4* 4%, 5* 2%)
- 30 Day listing.

The 20% of vendor sell price would be tricky for us as we do not have accurate data and it would take a long time to conjour.

Guild Wars 2
Spoiler:
5% listing (Not refunded on cancel), 10% transaction. Total of 15% on sold items, which is more than we had before.

World of Warcraft
Spoiler:

Star Wars TOR
Spoiler:
hat you pay to get an item to an auction is a deposit. And you get it back when the auction ends, whether successfully or not. If the item is sold, a commission is deduced from the credits you receive.

For a two-day auction, the deposit is 15 % of the asking price. The commission is 3 % of the price (Source: my own calculations based on 4 successful sales.)

For example, in the sale from the screenshot below, the asking price was 1800 credits, the deposit was 15 % of that, or 270 credits (it was a two-day auction) and the commision was 6 % of the price, or 108 credits. So, I received 1800 + 270 - 108 = 1962 credits.

It seems that these games implement a high listing fee to discourage people listing items with highly inflated prices. Meaning if people don't want to pay a high listing fee, then they have to sell it at a price they think will sell. This reduces the cost people are paying for items and additionally the lower the price the, more likely it is to sell. With auctions at lower, more reasonable prices, they should sell more quickly instead being listed for 30 days at a high price.

We decided to take some aspects of this concept and blend it into the current system without raising fees for high quality competitive auctions. Sellers can pay from as little as 2% for listing fees, and as much as 10%, depending on the Rating of the City. So right now (Altdorf is 4* and I can list an item for 10g and pay 40s fee) https://i.imgur.com/Bq7c5q4.png , you chose when to list the item. Where as before the change if the item sold the fee would have been 1g. Additionally if there is a chance the item would not sell it encourages sellers to not inflate prices without consequences as it was before, making it more fair for consumers. Newly listed items are returned first in search results, meaning additionally undercutting rivals has no gain. Additionally items are listed for much higher than other MMOs at 30 days.

Goryak wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:03 pm Taxing fees also do not show up in chat so one kind of has to guess why one's 50g poorer when one didn't buy anything that day, for example.
Fees are displayed when listing an item right next to where you enter the price you would like it to sell for. This updates dynamically when you change the price.
Spoiler:
Whilst all the information dumped is appreciated, this thread was not created with a question mark, asking WHY the changes were made, the thread was created as Feedback, we the players telling you WHY the system is bad.

Here I do ask why. Why must it be "more fair for consumers", the guys that just click the Buy button and go on their way when the seller has to spend his/her time farming for a material, cultivating something, buying containers, farming dungeons and whatnot. Why do you not make it "more fair for sellers"? Because we get a profit from the sale? Then again, we might not, with your system, taxing before even a sale is completed.

No one is asking for no tax, we're SIMPLY asking for a system that taxes ON SALE (logical) as we had before. Current system is, put the auction up with a prayer and forget about it because cancelling and being active is discouraged with these posting fees.

Taxed for posting something up instead of being taxed for selling something........ is this the post office? I think I am out of stamps.

TAX the seller ON SALE.
The current system works. If u post a item with exagerated price, u will not sell it and you will lost money, so u will post it with a moderate price.
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Goryak

Post#24 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:34 pm

It's no longer called the A̶u̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶H̶o̶u̶s̶e̶ by the way, it's new name is the Post Office House,

it seems more fitting considering we are taxed for posting just like............the post office. :idea:

Soon in the patch notes hopefully.
NUMBER 1 SHR :shock: O :shock: O :shock: O :shock: O :shock:O :shock: O :shock: MIES CONSUMER!!!
RESPONSIBLY

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#25 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:51 am

Kpi wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:54 pm
Spoiler:
Goryak wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:38 pm Refrain from reading any further if you think the current AH system is flawless and will not be changed even if the community that certainly uses it more than the staff is telling you that it is not good nor is it a positive QoL change (at all), you will be wasting your time reading......
Spoiler:

Previously on RoR:
- Exchange fee of 10%.
- 30 Day listing.

Currently:
- 30 Day listing.

Guild Wars 2
Spoiler:

World of Warcraft
Spoiler:

Star Wars TOR
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

TAX the seller ON SALE.
The current system works. If u post a item with exagerated price, u will not sell it and you will lost money, so u will post it with a moderate price.
ppl just simply will stop to use the AH to sell high value items (which go against players who need to buy the item not only against who wanna sell) or simply will increase the sell value to compensate the inflated taxes => already happening with common items like armor pots.

If crafters have to pay 4 gold tax to sell a 40 stack pots for 40gold for sure the new price will be 44g...this high new taxes go directly against buyers.

Grock

Post#26 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:41 am

Just as taxes always do.

Might be the time to utilize Trade chat finally, sell stuff below AH prices and avoid the "tax"
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

martholomew

Post#27 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:48 am

I have an idea!

How about no tax. Since it doesn't serve any purpose at all.

(in before BUT GOLD SINK) There are PLENTY of gold sinks in this game. We already have to repair wounds from dying and we die a LOT.
Magus 40/78

Goryak

Post#28 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:43 pm

The current system is still ridiculous but at least this little addition will help those that are using the addon Shinnies to know how much they were taxed (FOR POSTING):

https://ibb.co/4Tcy45c

Cheers for that.

Taxing on sale instead of posting still missing though.

Make the Auction House be the Auction House again, no more Post Office House !
RESPONSIBLY

Ads