Recent Topics

Ads

[suggestion] Make Cultivation a 'swing' skill

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
PlagueMonk

[suggestion] Make Cultivation a 'swing' skill

Post#1 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:12 pm

What I mean by swing is, allow it to be taken as a primary OR secondary.

Cultivation is just a weird gathering skill; It isn't quite a craft but yet you have to 'craft' things just to make components for Apothecary AND it takes 5x longer to level up because even if every skill up was successful, it would still take 1 min apiece. I have both a salvager and scavenger and I was able to get both up to the 70's without devoting extra time and advancing myself by killing things simultaneously.

So it's both more than a gathering skill and less than a craft so why not allow it to be both?
Last edited by PlagueMonk on Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
adamthelc

Re: [suggestion] Make Cultivation a 'swing' skill

Post#2 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:24 pm

What mats does it require from another gathering skill?

PlagueMonk

Post#3 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:48 pm

adamthelc wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:24 pm What mats does it require from another gathering skill?
I thought it provided nutrients for Cultivation but further investigation shows me that is not the case. I have not done any butchering yet, only read the description, since that would require yet another alt just to have all bases covered.

I have removed that from the OP. thanks

Zxul

Post#4 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:09 pm

Use cultivating on main, and salvage/scavenge on alts, and cultivate while playing, problem solved.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

PlagueMonk

Post#5 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:51 pm

Zxul wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:09 pm Use cultivating on main, and salvage/scavenge on alts, and cultivate while playing, problem solved.
And I'm already doing this on 2 alts but it still leaves one gathering profession out, Butchering. So if Cultivation was allowed to be a 'craft', you could then take it as a primary and then have Butchering as it's secondary. So my only choice is to make a 3rd alt. (was going to make a pew pew SW)

I wish the AH had affordable mats to cover a missing gathering skill or 2 but everyone want's a small fortune for the simplest things most of the time :P (plus the AH search engine doesn't work very well)

Never made sense to me that you had only 2 crafts and 4 gathering and this kind of balances things.

The other idea would be to allow you to take 2 gathering professions but this might be more difficult to re-code than just altering a single one.