Recent Topics

Ads

[Knight/Chosen] Aura Rework

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
M0rw47h

Re: [Knight/Chosen] Aura Rework

Post#21 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:48 am

Zxul wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:34 am 2. Again, which type of ICD? Because specific attacker being able to only hit once per 1 sec by aura of specific chosen/kotb, no matter how many targets protected by the aura does he hits by aoe, is a hard nerf compared to current version. Same is if specific aura only able to hit 1 target per 1 sec, no matter how many attackers hit specific protected target with aoe.
If Choppa could get hit by OYG for 150 only once per GCD, then it's a nerf.
If Choppa could get his by OYG for 300 only once per GCD, that wouldn't be bad.
If Choppa could get hit by OYG for 500 "only" once per GCD, that would be a buff, no?

It's depends on numbers on those Battle Commands, as they don't have to keep current value.
Point is, it would require some testing and adjustments, to make them powerful enough tools, so you bother with rotating them at the best possible moments.

Ads
Zxul

Post#22 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:11 am

M0rw47h wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:48 am If Choppa could get hit by OYG for 500 "only" once per GCD, that would be a buff, no?

It's depends on numbers on those Battle Commands, as they don't have to keep current value.
Point is, it would require some testing and adjustments, to make them powerful enough tools, so you bother with rotating them at the best possible moments.
Compared to choppa hitting with aoe 5 targets protected by OYG, and getting x5 reflect? And the more important question is, what happens when choppa hits with aoe 5 targets, each protected by OYG from 5 different kotbs? Or will the OYG be only 1 per protected target- with it being 30 f around defensive target instead of 100 f team members today, meaning its a hard nerf? Or will it be 30 f, but only affecting party members- even harder nerf? Or will it be, can have 10 OYG from 10 different kotbs on protected target, but each attacker only get hit once per GCD by OYG from specific kotb- meaning, with funnel push of 10 targets each protected by OYG from 10 kotbs, each aoe from choppa 10*OYG=10*500=5000 dmg back on each aoe?
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

M0rw47h

Post#23 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:05 am

Zxul wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:11 am
M0rw47h wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:48 am If Choppa could get hit by OYG for 500 "only" once per GCD, that would be a buff, no?

Compared to choppa hitting with aoe 5 targets protected by OYG, and getting x5 reflect? And the more important question is, what happens when choppa hits with aoe 5 targets, each protected by OYG from 5 different kotbs? Or will the OYG be only 1 per protected target- with it being 30 f around defensive target instead of 100 f team members today, meaning its a hard nerf? Or will it be 30 f, but only affecting party members- even harder nerf? Or will it be, can have 10 OYG from 10 different kotbs on protected target, but each attacker only get hit once per GCD by OYG from specific kotb- meaning, with funnel push of 10 targets each protected by OYG from 10 kotbs, each aoe from choppa 10*OYG=10*500=5000 dmg back on each aoe?
If effect can't stack, if you get personal ICD on getting damage from OYG (like Rain of Fire doesn't stack), then 500/GCD damage sounds rather reasonable.
Then, if you look at bigger picture it could be fired with All Out Assault together or Shield of The Sun adding extra counter pressure to it.

Btw, I think you miss the point where KotBS/CH would get up to 9 stronger but temporary versions of current Auras, instead of just 3 fire and forget ones?

Nosun

Post#24 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:30 pm

Please no I'm sorry but I really like that you don't have to aura twist like you use to and if you are playing a Knight/Chosen correctly there is already enough things you should be doing that adding more is just going to be annoying and both are already strong classes that don't need any buffs to them. Both are probably in near the best states of any of the classes.

TreefAM

Post#25 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:47 pm

It's going to make the classes at least fun to play lmao, even started lvling a IB because even if you are "playing it correctly" the class is boring garbage, unlike BG/BO and even the low lvl IB feels more fun.

Zxul

Post#26 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:12 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:05 am
Spoiler:
Zxul wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:11 am

If effect can't stack, if you get personal ICD on getting damage from OYG (like Rain of Fire doesn't stack), then 500/GCD damage sounds rather reasonable.
Then, if you look at bigger picture it could be fired with All Out Assault together or Shield of The Sun adding extra counter pressure to it.
ICD per what? Per getting OYG dmg from whoever? If so, in any non small scale situation only one of several kotbs will actually benefit from OYG= very major kotb nerf.
M0rw47h wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:05 am Btw, I think you miss the point where KotBS/CH would get up to 9 stronger but temporary versions of current Auras, instead of just 3 fire and forget ones?
I'm not missing it, what I'm saying is that the actual effect of your suggestion will be a major nerf to both kotb and chosen, or a very overpowered auras which will again result within a short time in a major nerf to both kotb and chosen.

Anything involving out of party effect auras is either nerfed into oblivion, or can be stacked to pretty much GM lvl abilities and as such will be nerfed into oblivion. Just as already been demonstrated with Dire Shielding chosen tactic fix, which was fixed to work out of party, then nerfed withing under a week.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

M0rw47h

Post#27 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:13 pm

Not sure if serious, or you consider WB vs WB a small scale.
Also your other "complaints", I've adressed them in previous posts.

Zxul

Post#28 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:40 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:13 pm Not sure if serious, or you consider WB vs WB a small scale.
I am serious, WB vs WB is likely to have 4 kotbs in, unless pug. Only one of them actually benefiting from abilities= major kotb nerf.

And no, you didn't addressed any other problems with your suggestion.

Ads
M0rw47h

Post#29 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:28 pm

Zxul wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:40 pm
M0rw47h wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:13 pm Not sure if serious, or you consider WB vs WB a small scale.
I am serious, WB vs WB is likely to have 4 kotbs in, unless pug. Only one of them actually benefiting from abilities= major kotb nerf.

Not only one benefiting from abilities, but one at time, like in case of Challenges or Distracting Bellows, which you're rotating to don't waste them.

Zxul

Post#30 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:36 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:28 pm
Zxul wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:40 pm

Not only one benefiting from abilities, but one at time, like in case of Challenges or Distracting Bellows, which you're rotating to don't waste them.
Question is, how often will it actually work in rvr situation, compared to multiple kotbs using them= abilities wasted?

Personally I suspect that what would actually benefit kotb gameplay is keeping the auras as they are, but replacing kotb team buff abilities like Focused Mending and Dirty Tricks with something which will benefit the kotb and not the team, with as such kotbs no longer being forced to play as buff bots.