Recent Topics

Ads

[FEEDBACK] - Twitch Drops event

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: [FEEDBACK] - Twitch Drops event

Post#71 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:10 pm

Fai wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:15 pm so why do they have different times when they expire?
and why has the time span shortened in comparison to the first twitch drops?
These are time-limited rewards that you don't have any reason to sit on. We plan on doing drops every month. Claim them quickly, or come back next month.

If we leave similar time-limited rewards available for longer periods than we plan on doing drops, it's less likely that people will re-engage in the twitch drops as they already have the stuff waiting for them. This sort of behavior is not uncommon (get limited reward, claim it 6 months later when it's more "unique"). This would allow people to sit on their rewards with no intention of engaging with the community, which is kind of the point of doing Twitch drops in the first place. The people who treat it as a way to AFK and get free stuff are going to be a lot more concerned with losing anything, compared to the people that regularly engage in stream activity and would get these rewards if we randomly turned them on without notice.

The point isn't to give you guys free stuff, it's to drive engagement with the people who are spending their free time promoting the game in a positive manner. That's also not to disparage anyone from participating, if you want to essentially viewbot and not engage, that still helps the server gain exposure as high viewer numbers drive new players to the game. However, we intend to keep those viewer numbers high month-to-month, and that means time-limited rewards that you'll need to come back for, and we certainly hope you will.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#72 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:15 pm

mongothebarbarian wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:54 pm you expect people to read a giant post about twitch drops
Whether I expect you to read it or not does not change the fact that you're still in the wrong for not reading a sentence that has been mentioned on all platforms we can communicate on. But to answer your question: Yes I expect you to read a post of 5 lines.

It's not like I can push an SMS notification to your phone and I didn't. We have the client and forums as main platforms and Facebook and Twitter as secondary platforms; keep yourself updated accordingly.

Fai

Post#73 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:28 pm

thank you for your feedback.
true point that i did not read the remark regarding the limited time to claim the drops as i just „assumed“ it will be similar to the drops as it has been before (my bad).
i just wanted to claim it after my holiday, as i won’t be online for a week and got caught by surprise to see the expired label. still no biggy, just a bit sad that i couldn’t claim it. will do it next time instantly.
keep up the great work you guys are doing.

Rexdale

Post#74 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:51 am

GamesBond wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:15 pm
mongothebarbarian wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:54 pm you expect people to read a giant post about twitch drops
Whether I expect you to read it or not does not change the fact that you're still in the wrong for not reading a sentence that has been mentioned on all platforms we can communicate on. But to answer your question: Yes I expect you to read a post of 5 lines.

It's not like I can push an SMS notification to your phone and I didn't. We have the client and forums as main platforms and Facebook and Twitter as secondary platforms; keep yourself updated accordingly.
The link in the post to reference the expiry date would direct to the claim page.
I didn't realize how much time I had to claim the rewards. Perhaps I missed it in a comment somewhere, or on the discord.
Perhaps I just didn't do my due-diligence, however I am disappointed.

I can appreciate the limited time offer, specifically the mount.

M0rw47h

Post#75 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:00 am

My feedback has expired long time ago.