Recent Topics

Ads

[FEEDBACK] - Twitch Drops event

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
GamesBond
Former Staff

Re: [FEEDBACK] - Twitch Drops event

Post#51 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:02 pm

Still adding lots of points to the sheet for our next events! Keep the feedback flowing if anyone still has other comments!

Ads
bpcook428

Post#52 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:43 pm

Hello! Love the game and thank you for keeping it up and running!

pros-
1. free stuff
2. learned about a "new to me" streaming platform
3. first day drops came as expected

cons-
1. 2nd day drops slowed to a trickle, despite watching almost constantly for 3 straight days, and I still did not receive my final 3 drops (tried multiple suggestions from streamers like zarbix such as re-linking account, closing and reopening browser, etc.)

Thank you for all that you do!

CrispyFlanders

Post#53 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:14 pm

1. Rewards:
- Where the rewards fair?
As a new player, I thought the items were very nice! I found a use for just about everything I think, other than the dyes. If I had a character with a higher RR than 40 and some better gear, then I could see how the potions and talismans aren't great.
- Is the RNG fair? We're talking about intended rare rewards.
I think it was fair, it kept the intended items to be rare. Even with the rate increase I still didn't get one, so maybe it worked as intended?
- Would a Bind on Pickup (BoP) system suit you for the rewards? They won't be sellable anymore and you might get stuck with them.
No, I'd like to be able to sell some of the stuff I don't need/use. Had that problem with some grey dyes and had to destroy them, wish I could've sold them.

2. Hours required:
- Where the hours required fair?
Yes and No. I understand that the bigger rewards would require higher watch-times, but it did seem like "going AFK" was the only way to actually get everything and that might seem disingenuous to some people.
- Which method pleased you more: Watching 1 streamer or watch any/multiple streamers?
I liked being able to watch multiple streamers for the awards. This even introduced me to other content creators that I didn't know about.

3. Quests:
- Were the quests engaging/new/challenging?
The only quest I got was the "Win 5 Scenarios" quest, which was alright.
- Were the quests' rewards fair?
For the one I did, sure.
- Were the quests too long/too short?
Mine felt short, even with puging all five SC's. I'm sure it would've felt a lot shorter with a pre-made.

4. Streamers:
- Do you think there were a lot of streamers? Is it bad/good?
I didn't have a problem with the amount of streamers, I think it's good to have as many as you can for events like this so people can watch someone new and still reap the benefits.
- Was the streamer's quest item annoying?
I didn't get it.
- Did you have any issue with a streamer (do not write any names)?
No.
- Have you watched more than one streamer?
Yes.
- Have you met new streamers?
Yes, I met five new streamers.

RobertP

Post#54 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:59 pm

First time on this event was good experience over all. One thing that was a disappointment was a drop that has a 24 hour decay and had dependence on others to complete (dueling). No big deal but wasn't able to play yesterday because of work so timer ran out on me with nothing done. if its only going to have 24 hours it should be from when you start the quest not when you open the item( or a warning of a 24 timer involved. I wanted to see what it was and now is lost. For a first timer, it's impossible to know what has timers and what dosent. Just a thought everything else was pretty nice.

Sharka

Post#55 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:53 pm

1. Rewards:
I would rather have less total drops with each drop being of more unique value. Also, I had my stream running almost the ENTIRE start-end time and still missed out on the RNG drops.

Did not like the RNG. watched the whole weekend and still missed out on them. Would much rather have a set of twitch drops based on time watched and replace RNG with a few in game activites/events we could accomplish to receive additional rewards. This would provide incentive for both watching and playing.

- Would a Bind on Pickup (BoP) system suit you for the rewards? They won't be sellable anymore and you might get stuck with them.
Prefer to have a stronger market and less BOP.

2. Hours required:
Maybe slightly high for such a short event. I also feel that the rewards did not scale well as far as time watched = reward value.

- Which method pleased you more: Watching 1 streamer or watch any/multiple streamers?
watching 1 streamer. If we have to watch I want to be able to watch the one I want to support and engage with.

3. Quests:
hard to complete for lower levels, very buggy

not sure, as my friends and I were unable to complete quest line due to bugs with PQs and credit for keep capture.

They only felt long because of bugs and it forcing you to do content. the quest didnt provide any new content, just forced you to grind stuff you don't want to do. I would of much rather had a special event map, a unique story line, or some mini games.

4. Streamers:
more than I thought there would be.

It was a cool Idea but in practice proved to be an inconvenient barrier.

no
yes

yes

Vri

Post#56 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:05 pm

Maybe a Destro vs Order stream?

saupreusse
Developer

Post#57 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:25 pm

The event was very nice. I just have a few minor things i would like to point out:

The timer was set way too high imo. It shouldnt be a requirement to let the stream run through the whole night to be able to get the highest rewards. Its not healthy to spend 40hours of your weekend on gaming, also its an unnecessary power consumption to let your machine run the whole night. I believe (given the average screentime is about 5hours per day for a person) it shouldnt be more than 15hours of watching for the highest reward.

Some of the rewards were a bit mediocre like the weak hp pot, armor pot and talismans. I believe handing out less of these but therefore more powerful specimen would be appreciated.
Given that in earlier events the aviator goggles were basic quest rewards i was a bit disappointed they had such a low drop chance this time, but overall i am not against some rng rewards.

The idea of having streamers build catapults was quite fun. Sadly i wasnt able to finish the quests yet.

I learned about a lot of new streamers ive never heard of before and i liked watching different ones more than watching only one specific. There were more than enough streamers to cover my viewtime.

nojil676

Post#58 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:18 pm

1. Rewards:
-- Yes they were fair
- Is the RNG fair? We're taking about intended rare rewards.
-- Didnt get any RNG, this seemed broken
-- no, i sold most of the rewards I got

2. Hours required:
-- The hours need reducing for sure
-- Multiple, only watching one streamer the entire time was a little funky especially if they weren't streaming much

3. Quests:
-- "Win 5 scenarios" was dumb but did get more people into Sc's so that was nice
-- yes

4. Streamers:
-- Yes there were but only watched one to get the rewards.
-- N/A
--no issues
- Have you watched more than 1 streamer?
-- no
-- Yes i picked one and watched him on mute with my window minimized the entire time.

Ads
Rexdale

Post#59 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:04 pm

I'll preface this a bit, this "second drop" the first time I was able to attend this event and have not yet claimed any rewards.
I have been rewarded with the 40 hours of times drops and a few RNG including the aviator's goggles.

1. Rewards:
Mostly indifferent. I did not expect any more or less

I don't think the rng rewards were great, if have rather seen smaller rewards, like gold, scrolls, talks and dyes be random. Still obtainable in game, but otherwise a bonus not such a feel bad for missing out. (I did pick up the rate goggles too)

perhaps more of an account bound thing. I've yet to open my rewards. Not entirely sure what's all there. I've always appreciated an account bound style. I can see how the process of claiming fills that. But I'm not entirely sure what the rewards are and don't know who I want to claim them for yet.

2. Hours required:
No. 40-hours is a work week it should not be condensed into a weekend. This promoted a lurking viewership, while great for twitch stats, it's not always active and engaging for the streamer. I believe this also promoted unhealthy levels of stream time (12+ hours and more)

indifferent. I can run many tabs or 1. However, I'm likely to only be an active viewer in one of those channels.

3. Quests:
I have not yet done them, I don't know the details of the quests and who I'd want to finish it on. I think I'd prefer quests to be unlocked account wide

I do not know

I do not know

4. Streamers:
yes, there was many. I don't think this was entirely bad, but definitely overshadowed many of the streamers without drops.

I don't know, but yes if I've missed a window to complete a quest now.

yes, only because they ended stream instead of raiding another drop enabled streamer

yes
yes

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#60 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:06 am

Thank you all for the feedback, if anyone still has an experience to share or a suggestion please feel free to drop it here.