Recent Topics

Ads

Feedback on city matchmaking

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
mrmarmota

Re: Feedback on city matchmaking

Post#41 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:11 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:51 pm Don't queue until you fill out a warband?
You mean not queue city until you have a full guild premade wb ? Even then it would not be even, there are full SoV guild warbands that que just to toy with lowbies. These people should be playing against each other.
What you said also is part of a fundamental design issue. The only way to gain Royals in RvR is to get lucky with bag drops, even then it's very little and i need other things from the bags. City almost never pops at a reasonable time, and when it does i shouldn't even que for it unless i'm in a full 24 guild wb geared with sovereign for a chance at a fair fight ? What's the point of city then if it's just a bad game mode for fully geared people to **** around in, for who is city if not for them ? Fair fights are very rare. I wouldn't even care about it if RvR was rewarding.

Ads
Reesh

Post#42 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:22 pm

mrmarmota

Post#43 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:23 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:20 pm If we wanted it to be heavily matchmade, it would have easily been implemented that way.

We're well aware that some people would prefer to soloqueue for every piece of content in the game with minimal interaction among other people and hope the system appropriately places them in a situation where mild efforts might carry them to victory, but this piece of content at the highest end of the game asks for a higher level of coordination.
OK this is fair, but we're not talking about raids in WoW where you can schedule a time and date, these are cities and they pop whenever, mostly not during peak times and i don't understand why up and coming guilds and smaller teams should be forced to fight against established teams, again who is this gamemode for if 24 man highly coordinated sov premades are the standard for city ?

lyncher12

Post#44 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:26 pm

Post#45 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:29 pm

Do what lot of people do. Get to know your community, recognize names / players. You don't exist in a guild quarantine

Branch out and play well with others

detrap

Post#46 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:31 pm

mrmarmota wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:11 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:51 pm Don't queue until you fill out a warband?
You mean not queue city until you have a full guild premade wb ? Even then it would not be even, there are full SoV guild warbands that que just to toy with lowbies. These people should be playing against each other.
What you said also is part of a fundamental design issue. The only way to gain Royals in RvR is to get lucky with bag drops, even then it's very little and i need other things from the bags. City almost never pops at a reasonable time, and when it does i shouldn't even que for it unless i'm in a full 24 guild wb geared with sovereign for a chance at a fair fight ? What's the point of city then if it's just a bad game mode for fully geared people to **** around in, for who is city if not for them ? Fair fights are very rare. I wouldn't even care about it if RvR was rewarding.
It's easier than ever before to get royal crests now. Cities are also popping more often than few months ago. You don't have to be in a full guild warband in sov, but it helps, you can try /5 or maybe use comms too. You don't need to be in end game gear to increase your chances of winning, the more organised you are over your opponents the more cities you'll win. The way it's intended. I'm sure every guild that dominates in cities now all had to do the hard yards to get where they are. It's not like they started in sovereign from level 1 and instantly knew the mechanics of every single class in the game.
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

mrmarmota

Post#47 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:34 pm

zumos2 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:40 pm Oh so next time you meet complete pugs you are also gonna leave the instance cause it isn't a fair fight?
This is not the issue of the matter. My problem is not with the people that play by the rules, it's the rules. As long as they exist i will leverage them to my advantage, the same as everybody else does. I'm not happy when i stomp a pug, i don't enjoy it, i'm happy i get free royals because i know how random they are. Speaking of, for something that is supposed the cream of the crop competitive content, the rewards are extremely random as far as contribution goes, same with the matchmaking. If you truly wanted it to be that you could implement MMR matchmaking for city and all issues would be solved and it would truly be the try hard core game mode you claim to want it to be, right now it's a circus.

mrmarmota

Post#48 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:38 pm

zumos2 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:45 pm
Astraosh wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:41 pm
zumos2 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:40 pm Oh so next time you meet complete pugs you are also gonna leave the instance cause it isn't a fair fight?
when your guild TUP will start playing fair in oRvR we will consider staying :D
What is that supposed to mean? RvR by definition isn't fair. In fact MMORPGs are almost never fair cause not everyone has the same gear/rank etc.
I find RvR very fair, and enjoyable, my guild can sometimes even stand up to to bigger, older better geared guilds at times, no such thing in city.

Ads
mrmarmota

Post#49 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:53 pm

detrap wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:31 pm
mrmarmota wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:11 pm
It's easier than ever before to get royal crests now. Cities are also popping more often than few months ago. You don't have to be in a full guild warband in sov, but it helps, you can try /5 or maybe use comms too. You don't need to be in end game gear to increase your chances of winning, the more organised you are over your opponents the more cities you'll win. The way it's intended. I'm sure every guild that dominates in cities now all had to do the hard yards to get where they are. It's not like they started in sovereign from level 1 and instantly knew the mechanics of every single class in the game.
Yes, one star destro cities outside of peak times. No, according to the devs what's intended is a full 24 premade of people that know eachother and play together and from what i surmised already geared in city gear ? If not then why do these huge discrepancies exist ? The guilds that dominate in city had no real climb to go through, it's all luck, luck if you get bags, luck if you get an easy, even or stopm fight. I don't feel like i'm growing as a player rolling my dice everytime city pops.
It is not unreasonable what I ask, it's unreasonable defending it as it is. Would you play any other competitive game that was like this ? No, because it wouldn't be competitive. Getting matched with Globel Elites in CSGO, Challengers in LoL, Grandmasters in Chess as a lowbie etc. Just add MMR to city.

oaliaen

Post#50 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:57 pm

If i soloq can i get a 1v1 city pls ? :idea: