Recent Topics

Ads

Feedback on city matchmaking

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Astraosh

Feedback on city matchmaking

Post#1 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:59 pm

Hello, I would like to voice some concerns.

Happens often that during city matchmaking, my small premade team faced organized full city warbands.

For that thing, we get some people who solo queue, who usually never help (or have proper setup) and the fights are absolutely unfair.
Then some of them leave the instance or stay afk and the result we know. There is a lot of frustration about it and we would like to request a review of the matchmaking system. It would be fair if the smaller setups match with similar people to fight so the result will be based on skill and coordination.
Soloers for example, can match against soloers and full warbands vs full warbands.

The answer is not to get a full warband for it, since we want to play with lower numbers (usually 6 to 12 player teams) and get similar groups of enemies.

For the comments, be constructive about it and let's try to find a solution to this.

Ads
Slapshot

Re: Feedback on city matchmaking

Post#2 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:24 pm

I do not believe it is a reasonable expectation to change a 24 person endgame instance into a 6 or 12 man. If so, then everyone would simply queue with the best 6 man they could form. Also, there are limited instances of City fights so locking in a 6x6 would mean 36 less people potentially could join.

billyk

Post#3 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:31 pm

It seems matchmaking prefers pugs vs premades. There is a well-known phenomenon: Play Order and get your ass kicked by premades, then xrealm and you will never get to play with the people who kicked your ass before, but instead you will now get your ass kicked by Order players you never saw when you played Order.
I suspect it's the same in cities.

Astraosh

Post#4 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:32 pm

Slapshot wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:24 pm I do not believe it is a reasonable expectation to change a 24 person endgame instance into a 6 or 12 man. If so, then everyone would simply queue with the best 6 man they could form. Also, there are limited instances of City fights so locking in a 6x6 would mean 36 less people potentially could join.
The don't make a match unless everyone makes 24 man. Dont match 24 players with people who aren't 24 yet. There must be a change to this. I am sick of soloers joining my instance and going either afk or do w/e.

kirraha

Post#5 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:48 pm

Punish quitters harder

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#6 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:51 pm

Don't queue until you fill out a warband?
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

zumos2

Post#7 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:52 pm

Imagine being so low to leave a city instance and then come on the forums to whine about it. City content is 24 man. If you don't wanna end up with random pugs, make a bigger warband. This is the same as whining when you try to queue as a 3-man in regular scenarios and then get your arses kicked by a 6-man. You can also try and merge your 12-men with another 12-men or 2 x 6-mans. The solutions already exist, just the willingness to apply them is missing.
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen

Astraosh

Post#8 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:53 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:51 pm Don't queue until you fill out a warband?
This is NOT a solution. We form with a team we know. Such answers are pretty much forcing people to just queue solo and pug it

Ads
TreefAM

Post#9 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:53 pm

Is this Throwletros? I guess the "i'm a bully" doesn't stick when you're not fighting solo quers lol. Did you really RQ your own city instance?

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#10 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:54 pm

Astraosh wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:53 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:51 pm Don't queue until you fill out a warband?
This is NOT a solution. We form with a team we know. Such answers are pretty much forcing people to just queue solo and pug it
What part of this are you struggling with?
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog