Recent Topics

Ads

Sentinel Influence - Change / nerf / rework

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Diragi

Re: Sentinel Influence - Change / nerf / rework

Post#21 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:25 pm

Wuhh wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:53 pm Grow up. Stop feeling entitled. Stop feeling hard done by. Don't feel jealous. L2P means not just what buttons to push and in which order, but also 'L2Play well with others' and be a part of a good spirited community.
I don't have an issue with the qty of PvE (other than the length makes it hard to coordinate runs -- would be nice to be ~2hrs max).. just that on my chalice DoK I have little reason to do the content other than factionhammer and on my sorc it's extremely hard to get a group due to the overwhelming numbers of DPS on the server (compounded by the lower level of rewards for SnB tanks and heal spec healers... kind of the people you need to run the dungeons).

Ads
MMXX43

Post#22 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:55 pm

Zxul wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:22 pm
MMXX43 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:16 pm Remove the tom unlock restriction to equip the BL and Sent gear . Gunbad is just bad and super buggy .
Problem with it, if Gunbad reqv is removed, it will be impossible to find team to do it even if you want something from it.
Gunbad still farmable and excellent for mid tier gearing and exp frags / mats / jewel . its the + 1 dungeon farm that chains the BL SENT pve curse and prolongs it

Dintilion

Post#23 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:08 pm

Gues i should have red gravord's post before making a suggestion. Basicly says that if a suggestion isnt something they have allready planned it wont happen :shock:

Diragi

Post#24 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:06 pm

I think also, due to development constraints, players need to come up with ideas a close as possible to the current state of the game.

A lot of suggestions would be better suited to AAA studio than the current team.

Manatikik

Post#25 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:49 pm

Diragi wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:25 pm
Wuhh wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:53 pm Grow up. Stop feeling entitled. Stop feeling hard done by. Don't feel jealous. L2P means not just what buttons to push and in which order, but also 'L2Play well with others' and be a part of a good spirited community.
I don't have an issue with the qty of PvE (other than the length makes it hard to coordinate runs -- would be nice to be ~2hrs max).. just that on my chalice DoK I have little reason to do the content other than factionhammer and on my sorc it's extremely hard to get a group due to the overwhelming numbers of DPS on the server (compounded by the lower level of rewards for SnB tanks and heal spec healers... kind of the people you need to run the dungeons).

No dungeon should be more than two hours. Gunbad is the longest and takes 90-120 minutes depending on how bad the group is. BS takes 90 minutes max unless a terrible group. BB/BE takes 40-50 minutes with and average to mediocre group. C/T averages to an hour. Max time for a sent ring of PLAYTIME is 20hrs if you are unlucky; you can either spread that across 13 weeks and do a weekly run or do it every 4 days on lockout and be done in 48 days total.

If you are in a guild it should be super easy to fill out as 6 every time you need it. The one and only class Sent ring isn’t BiS on is WP/DoK (Book/Chalice), this means every single career needs it and makes it super easy to find groups.

So you have to ask yourself if you think you you can get full sov and a toon to 80 within 48 days. I bet the majority of people cannot (though I did it on WH so it’s very much possible); if you can’t then what are you complaining for?
<Montague><Capulet>

geezereur

Post#26 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:34 am

The runs themselves are not hard but getting a group together takes longer than the run itself.
As a guy with many alts I would like to have the sent ring to maybe the first influence tier...

Manatikik

Post#27 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:31 am

geezereur wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:34 am The runs themselves are not hard but getting a group together takes longer than the run itself.
As a guy with many alts I would like to have the sent ring to maybe the first influence tier...

How in gods name would it take longer to get a group? A group should take 5-10 minutes. Join a decent guild and it’s easy. Makes friends.
<Montague><Capulet>

nuadarstark

Post#28 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:36 am

To be quite fair, there is a lot of folks who absolutely hate those 2 dungeons and won't do them at all. The actual amount of peeps doing C&T is fairly low, so if you're in meh TZ, aren't in one of the big guilds/alliances, you can run into very long times before you manage to find that 2nd healer/2nd tank, etc.

Hell even we have issues to find 2nd tank or 2nd healer from time to time on our 2 weekly runs and we're one of the larger guilds and in the largest alliance on our faction (plus lead our runs in 8pm EU time so it's the most populated time of the day).
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

Ads
nat3s

Post#29 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:58 am

You can tell the design is heavily developer led, devs want their hard work such as Gunbad to be used, problem is, when the gear from Gunbad was obsolete long ago, they've just created an artificial grind for useless gear to force people to do something they created.

It doesn't make much sense, you want dungeons to feel rewarding (invader too for that matter which is a massive grind for a useless set for most classes).

That possibility of a decent drop in a dungeon is the reward hook that makes things fun. That's what the design direction needs to head towards. If someone has a better set from pvp then forgive them the unnecessary pve grind - Just like LIVE.

A lot of RoR is a massive grind fest for gear that will never be used as, by the time you've obtained it, you have better gear elsewhere (Pvp gear > Redeye, Vanq > Invader etc).
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

b00n

Post#30 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:32 am

To be honest. I hate the influence farm, but i recommend to do not change it. The sentinel ring is for most ppl best in slot, and thus should be hard to get. But i would love to see the removal of the ring requirement for the greater ward.