Recent Topics

Ads

Sentinel Influence - Change / nerf / rework

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Foltestik

Re: Sentinel Influence - Change / nerf / rework

Post#31 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:42 am

you dont need ring for ward

Ads
wiscel

Post#32 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:28 am

When I finally got the jewel I found out that you can't put in the normal talismans only the temp ones :-(
Nasty - R8X Squig Herder
Mehlindy - R8X Witch Elf
Donavicenta - R8X Sorceress

Fenris78

Post#33 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:00 am

Making sentinel influence rewards (weapons and jewel) healers-friendly could be a good start on improving interest for this PvE content.

Actually DoK/WP and Runi/Zealot got useless weapons (procs especially) and off-spec jewel : not abig deal for Runi/Zealot but for WP/AM classes, jewel and set bonuses are not very interesting.

Same for def tanks, only added bonus from legendary talisman (6% avoidance or like) are worth it, thus good luck finding volunteers in those areas... Especially considering BS stuff behind is equally worthless, as probably will be Lost Vale and such sets after that, not even unlocking wards is interesting for those archetypes, sadly :/

nuadarstark

Post#34 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:45 am

Well I'd say that 4% heal crit on a single jewel is pretty amazing for WPs/DoKs if they're healer speced, I plan to use it on mine. Can push you all the way to 34-38% with renown abilities.

But yeah a lot of the Sentinel & Bloodlord stuff is rather useless for the "conventional" spec of 2 archetypes (healers, tanks). The Bastion Stair stuff in particular is absolutely ridiculous - the WP heal tome that has healer stats but still has the 5% dmg increase for losing tankyness is an absurd item.

Contrary to that, the "conventional" Sentinel influence weapons are...well...just extremely uninteresting? Boring resistance procs on Tomes, useless procs on the hammers, meh stats. Why not try to make them into something equally interesting, like the shields and hammers for the secondary and terciary specs? Grace WPs love the Harbinger shield for example, 2H WPs love the Truth. Salv WPs get nothing interesting at all and have to stick with their blue/purple SC tomes and Subj/Fort hammers as literally the only choices.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

Fenris78

Post#35 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:03 am

nuadarstark wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:45 am Salv WPs get nothing interesting at all and have to stick with their blue/purple SC tomes and Subj/Fort hammers as literally the only choices.
Agreed, and they ninja nerfed the Tome of Repose too (2x 106 magic resistances > 2% disrupt and less stats is ridiculous), effectively cancelling another viable choice for healing/def WP... :/

Zxul

Post#36 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:09 pm

nuadarstark wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:45 am Well I'd say that 4% heal crit on a single jewel is pretty amazing for WPs/DoKs if they're healer speced, I plan to use it on mine. Can push you all the way to 34-38% with renown abilities.
Not as amazing when you think what 4% extra heal crit actually does for dok/wp- which is 1.6% extra healing. When you make an actual calculations, with having nothing going off heal crit (unlike say zealot/rp), heal crit is much less effective for dok/wp than you might think.

Now also consider the fact that for that 1.6% extra healing, you are also losing heal/defense stats/set bonus from whatever else you might use in that jewelry slot.

There is a reason why to this day I hadn't seen a single heal dok using it.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Kysaro

Post#37 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:39 pm

As a PvP player, I really cant be arsed doing these runs unless I absolutely have to. Like someone before me said, feels like a korean farm MMO with that amount of runs needed.

Those event quests you guys make, why not make something like that? Make it more enoyable, with as the grand final going into the instance. For example "finish 5 Sentinal quest lines" which combined can take up the same amount of time as running into the same instance 13 times. Or give the players that dont like PvE another option , like "kill 200k players"(no idea what is many/little btw :P)
Kysana - Sorc

Wintersun666

Post#38 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:33 am

Hello,

Is it is possible to get 2x sentinel rings ? There are 2 vendors who offer the same weapons,why not 2 rings ?

So you dont waste talisman everytime you change you're spec :(

Ads
wachlarz

Post#39 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:22 pm

nuadarstark wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:45 am Well I'd say that 4% heal crit on a single jewel is pretty amazing for WPs/DoKs if they're healer speced, I plan to use it on mine. Can push you all the way to 34-38% with renown abilities.

But yeah a lot of the Sentinel & Bloodlord stuff is rather useless for the "conventional" spec of 2 archetypes (healers, tanks). The Bastion Stair stuff in particular is absolutely ridiculous - the WP heal tome that has healer stats but still has the 5% dmg increase for losing tankyness is an absurd item.

Contrary to that, the "conventional" Sentinel influence weapons are...well...just extremely uninteresting? Boring resistance procs on Tomes, useless procs on the hammers, meh stats. Why not try to make them into something equally interesting, like the shields and hammers for the secondary and terciary specs? Grace WPs love the Harbinger shield for example, 2H WPs love the Truth. Salv WPs get nothing interesting at all and have to stick with their blue/purple SC tomes and Subj/Fort hammers as literally the only choices.
4% x 6 ppl in party = 24% aoe hot. Next aoe spamable Group heal. Next all close Wb heal skill. So for me wp/dok have biggest benefit from crit heal.
wrony person q :/