Recent Topics

Ads

[FEEDBACK] Bolstering working as intended?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Grock

Re: [FEEDBACK] Bolstering working as intended?

Post#11 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:50 pm

If its a defensive tank then its more than likely that theirs "25% hp" is still a few times more more than 100% hp on most other classes due to armor/toughness/avoidance/other forms of mitigation and thats without even factoring self heal tactics/abilities, potions and so on
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Ads
Bowldancer

Post#12 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:24 am

I am a sov MDPS and when I hit a defensive sov tank my experience isn't that different. He might even run Fleshrender jewelry for even more self heal. It's like banging your head against a brick wall.
Grimmsch Grimnirsson (2H Giantslayer, 40/85)
Spoiler:
40+: 2H-CHOPPA, AM, RP, WP, SM, IB, KotBS, WL, WH, BW, ENG, SW
Alts in T4: SHA, SH, BO, BG, CHO, MAR, WE

carcharod0n

Post#13 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:11 pm

Best feed back I can give you - Learn your class, don't attack really high rank looking char if you are not close to that yourself, and don't pick fights with the one of the best if not the best solo ganking BO on the server.
Chosen 80
Choppa 75
Squig herder 71
KOTBS 66
Warrior Priest 50
DOK 67

PlagueMonk

Post#14 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:11 pm

uanaka wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:01 pm
Also, you say you are specced grace, but you're wielding a 2hander, which is what is used in Wrath spec. Just wanted to make sure you didn't make a typo, your primary melee heal requires a shield btw. Glad to know you have kept your gear up to date with some talis, hopefully you're using strength talis maybe, along with those armor ones you mentioned?
Just one thing to clarify, yes i use a 2 hander but I'm grace specced. While there are some abilities tied to using a s/s (well h/s) in the Grace tree, the big one, Divine Assault and secondary, Divine Strike do not require it. I am now lvl 35 and I can literally take on packs of mobs with my setup. I can collect and chew through as many as 8-10 ish roughly equal level and still come out at full health. Not even multiple champs are an issue. About the only thing I can't take on solo is equal lvl heroes because they do too much damage too quickly to heal through. So I can guarantee those skills do work quite well with a 2 hander. :)

Akalukz

Post#15 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:56 pm

PlagueMonk wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:11 pm
Also, you say you are specced grace, but you're wielding a 2hander, which is what is used in Wrath spec. Just wanted to make sure you didn't make a typo, your primary melee heal requires a shield btw. Glad to know you have kept your gear up to date with some talis, hopefully you're using strength talis maybe, along with those armor ones you mentioned?
Just one thing to clarify, yes i use a 2 hander but I'm grace specced. While there are some abilities tied to using a s/s (well h/s) in the Grace tree, the big one, Divine Assault and secondary, Divine Strike do not require it. I am now lvl 35 and I can literally take on packs of mobs with my setup. I can collect and chew through as many as 8-10 ish roughly equal level and still come out at full health. Not even multiple champs are an issue. About the only thing I can't take on solo is equal lvl heroes because they do too much damage too quickly to heal through. So I can guarantee those skills do work quite well with a 2 hander. :)
They do, in PVE. Unfortunately not so much in RvR or PVP in general. As others have said a fully geared Black Orc is nearly impossible to solo, by just about anyone
-= Agony =-

PlagueMonk

Post#16 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:18 pm

Akalukz wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:56 pm
They do, in PVE. Unfortunately not so much in RvR or PVP in general. As others have said a fully geared Black Orc is nearly impossible to solo, by just about anyone
my apologies if you thought I was drawing any sort of comparison between the mobs I can take on vs a fully outfitted, high RR Orc. There is none really. I would equate the player from my perspective to be somewhere between a hero and lord NPC, well above my ability. I was only using that as an example to demonstrate that using a 2 hander works fine with Grace spec.

Sinisterror

Post#17 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:31 pm

RoR.builders - Warrior Priest

Use that when you are rank 36 and get the armour debuff proc + ap gain proc 2hander from t4 epic quest, im pretty sure it is the elf one.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Akalukz

Post#18 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:40 pm

PlagueMonk wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:18 pm
Spoiler:
Akalukz wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:56 pm

my apologies if you thought I was drawing any sort of comparison between the mobs I can take on vs a fully outfitted, high RR Orc. There is none really. I would equate the player from my perspective to be somewhere between a hero and lord NPC, well above my ability. I was only using that as an example to demonstrate that using a 2 hander works fine with Grace spec.
Fair enough. I am sure you will do fine once you get the gear/renown/experience on the battlefield. Look forward to seeing others in the lakes/scenarios
-= Agony =-

Ads
CeeJay89

Post#19 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:04 pm

Remember that your stats ARE still softcapped at your base level (25x level + 50).

When you're bolstered, your stats are increased based on your item bonuses, so stacking one stat will bring you to soft cap and become much less effective. You're better off stacking different stats when being bolstered.

sogeou

Post#20 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:24 pm

The major problem is Dev's buffed the **** out of gear and never fixed the major problems with Bolster. It has two major problems which should be fixed, but before they used the excuse be lucky you have it and you will be 40 soon. Now since Vanq is the new Anni the bolster needs a refresh.

1. Issue with currently bolster is it uses the soft cap of your rank and it should use the soft cap of your bolstered rank. So, if you are level 23, but everyone is bolstered to rank 46 sub 30 you should not have the soft cap of 23. This fix / adjustment would go a long way for lowbie people and fresh 40s.

2. Before with the current gear trend the gap from 35 gear to vanq was not that large, now when you hit level 31 you lose the GOOD bolster and get the **** one. They need to make 3 bolsters.
  • 17-30 Bolster which should be stronger than current system, be level 50 or use higher soft cap based on bolster not current rank
  • 31-39 Bolster which should be the current bolster in place for 17-30. Where you are level 46.
  • 40 -RR 60 bolster which would act like current bolster in place from 31-39 which is pretty weak.