Recent Topics

Ads

[FEEDBACK] Bolstering working as intended?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
M0rw47h

Re: [FEEDBACK] Bolstering working as intended?

Post#31 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:44 am

There are not enough players to separate anything.

Ads
Seravajan

Post#32 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:02 am

Hardkoar wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:10 pm The only option you have is to get farmed till u have equal gear pretty much. Two-three months getting sodomized should get you into Vanq/Invader level :D .
The issue with this is that it can cause new players feeling being useless in RvR for longer time and then to quit the game forever.

Drekan

Post#33 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:15 pm

Bolster system should be removed nowaday. And yes its broken
Elizerain Thex

sjemen

Post#34 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:37 pm

i beat a full sov rr84 slayer with my lvl28 choppa yesterday. great system!
shmemsy 82 IB sjem 75 WP sjembem 70 ENG shmem WH 67 sjemo 68 WL sjemsy 64 BW fatsjem 59 SLAY shmoom 52 AM sjemsjem 53 RP smemz 43 KotBSsjemel 59 SW
shmemz 68 SH sjemz 64 SHM sjemppa 48 BOsjemmy 50 CHP ssjemm 43 MAR

Sulorie

Post#35 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:17 pm

People who are inexperienced with less than optimal gear can't think of any other reason for their lack of success than to blame rank/rr.
Dying is no option.

Hardkoar
Suspended

Post#36 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:06 pm

CeeJay89 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:43 am
Hardkoar wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:10 pm The gear disparity has become rather significant, many rr70/80s face rolling new players with no difficulty and no real chance to catch up.

In other games once a new Xpansion comes out or new season it's a full reset, where everyone starts the chase towards the new gear. Here it's just lowbies trying to catch up on players that have years ahead of them in RR/Medals/forts/cities. I can understand how or why the op feels like ''wtf''.

The only option you have is to get farmed till u have equal gear pretty much. Two-three months getting sodomized should get you into Vanq/Invader level :D .
Well, I wouldn't say that's true. I just played my WH for the first time in over a year this last Friday, who was 40/40 with only an Anni/Merc mix and I managed to get the Vanq set in less than a week with absolutely 0 medals towards it. I did it all solo/duo (with a sub 40), too.

It's just a matter of picking the right fights. You're also limited on builds until you are geared. If you're going to solo, it's probably best to run glass cannon, follow the zerg, and pick off enemies that stray away from the pack. It's harder for melee than it is for ranged, but you want to put out more damage than everyone else for the kill reward.

That's like what? 500+ van medallions and 20RR from 40 to 58 u made in ''less than a week?'' =)
I mean... Maybe the RR due to the insane event past week end, but the medallions, especially solo? And most kills drop conqueror meds..
You are vastly hyperboleing this one
Last edited by Hardkoar on Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hardkoar
Suspended

Post#37 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:10 pm

Seravajan wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:02 am
Hardkoar wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:10 pm The only option you have is to get farmed till u have equal gear pretty much. Two-three months getting sodomized should get you into Vanq/Invader level :D .
The issue with this is that it can cause new players feeling being useless in RvR for longer time and then to quit the game forever.
This is precisely the point, new players are the one affected the most, they get farmed for months on end.
No, it is not a matter of l2p, this game is hardly anymore difficult than others far, more complex pvp games.
New more powerful gear keeps getting pumped out and the disparity grows more and more, also not everyone can play 15 hours a day to catch up or keep up either.

I think a seasonal options/server would be highly appreciated and welcomed, say 3-4 months and then reset server back to 0 and whatever you achieved, money/medals/gear/character goes into the ''main'' server where you have all the rest.
Many other online multiplayers are adopting this option to ensure a more balanced experience for everyone.
Black desert online, Path of exile to name a couple

Seravajan

Post#38 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:06 am

Yesteday I had provided my character (L21) some upgrades. Now she is performing worse than without these upgrades because she is now 4 levels lower (35 instead of 39) bolstered and therefore no match for a fully equipped level 39 with fitting equipment. At least she is not longer getting nearly instakilled in 0.5 sec. ;)
Another thing is the discrepancy of the SC battles. Most battles ends around one team winning 500 vs a double-digit points of the losers. Even 500 vs 0 is quite common now. When you looks at the battle result list then mostly is the team with 0 points containing lower characters with lower equipment fighting vs a team with higher level and better equipment. The problem is, if you lose only with double-digits or even worse with 0 points then the losers just wasted their time because there will be very low or in the case of zero points even no reward and no XP at all.

Ads
CeeJay89

Post#39 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:10 pm

Hardkoar wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:06 pm
CeeJay89 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:43 am
Hardkoar wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:10 pm The gear disparity has become rather significant, many rr70/80s face rolling new players with no difficulty and no real chance to catch up.

In other games once a new Xpansion comes out or new season it's a full reset, where everyone starts the chase towards the new gear. Here it's just lowbies trying to catch up on players that have years ahead of them in RR/Medals/forts/cities. I can understand how or why the op feels like ''wtf''.

The only option you have is to get farmed till u have equal gear pretty much. Two-three months getting sodomized should get you into Vanq/Invader level :D .
Well, I wouldn't say that's true. I just played my WH for the first time in over a year this last Friday, who was 40/40 with only an Anni/Merc mix and I managed to get the Vanq set in less than a week with absolutely 0 medals towards it. I did it all solo/duo (with a sub 40), too.

It's just a matter of picking the right fights. You're also limited on builds until you are geared. If you're going to solo, it's probably best to run glass cannon, follow the zerg, and pick off enemies that stray away from the pack. It's harder for melee than it is for ranged, but you want to put out more damage than everyone else for the kill reward.

That's like what? 500+ van medallions and 20RR from 40 to 58 u made in ''less than a week?'' =)
I mean... Maybe the RR due to the insane event past week end, but the medallions, especially solo? And most kills drop conqueror meds..
You are vastly hyperboleing this one
I'm not, but sure pal. I had no issue getting full Vanq (Shoulder and helm from gold bags after 50). Not really trying to prove anything to you, but stop telling people that it's some giant time investment when it isn't.

M0rw47h

Post#40 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:21 pm

I got full invader within a week of character creation. It's not giant time investment.