Recent Topics

Ads

[FEEDBACK] Bolstering working as intended?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
CeeJay89

Re: [FEEDBACK] Bolstering working as intended?

Post#51 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:16 pm

sogeou wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:51 pm
CeeJay89 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:48 pm Your whole statement, among others, is implying that everybody who plays the game will be unable to compete or do anything with the game and get stomped for several months before even getting Vanquisher. The point is, you're objectively wrong.

If you're only logging on and trying to flip a single zone, then maybe you're doing it wrong. Get contribution in every zone available. Participate in every siege, especially defenses. Log on after city for the quick zones. Learn to drop oil.

It's not that hard to gear up. Stop acting like it is because you want everything with little investment.
Being in a mix of conq / ani because you can't get full vanq is a huge difference. Or if you want vanq so your gear is not poop when you do 6v6 SC to get more gear. People who are doing 6v6 sc's in those mixed low tier gear die in seconds.

If you play in EU time zone, if you go run supplies touch all zones play for about 2-3 hours and no zone flips most times your contribution will not be enough as people are getting more than you since you had to log off. Most average people are the ones who lag behind. I do not find myself listed as average player with the amount I play. It is for sure a chore for those average players to get in correct gear based on their RR. I see lots of 60-70's in a mix of lower tier gear due to the RNG nature. Currently we are seeing a lot of fresh tons as well since double xp/rp.

You should stop acting like your above average play style is the normal. It has nothing to do with want stuff for free as people I have been seeing are RR 60+. Just trying to make the gear gap less from newer toons. But, maybe you enjoy getting easy kills.
The amount of gear you receive is reflected by the amount of time you put into the game. That is any and all MMOs.

RNG isn't nearly as relevant as it used to be. You've been around long enough, and perhaps you've forgotten the days when prices were higher, less from bags, when Genesis only came from blue bags, subjugator from purple, realm wide bag rolls, etc.

Gearing is as easy as it has ever been. To expect it any faster would be like expecting to get it the moment you reach the required RR.

Also, everyone is an 'easy kill' until they're in Sovereign. If you don't want to be easy kill, then group up.

Ads
Seravajan

Post#52 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:51 am

Gearing up is depending on win/lose ratio too. If losing most of SC/oRvR then it is much more difficult to get decent gear for your level. Order is currently losing most of SC and even a loss of 0 to 500 is quite common now.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#53 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:23 am

Seravajan wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:51 am Order is currently losing most of SC and even a loss of 0 to 500 is quite common now.
Change order for YOU => I´M currently losing most of SC and even a loss of 0 to 500 is quite common now.

Seravajan

Post#54 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:08 pm

emiliorv wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:23 am
Seravajan wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:51 am Order is currently losing most of SC and even a loss of 0 to 500 is quite common now.
Change order for YOU => I´M currently losing most of SC and even a loss of 0 to 500 is quite common now.
It is not just you who loses, it is the complete side which loses.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#55 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:28 pm

Seravajan wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:08 pm
The common factor in every scenario you play in, is yourself.
The only factor in every scenario you can affect, is yourself.
If you find yourself losing every scenario 0 to 500, you're either being hyperbolic in your assessment, or you're doing something incredibly wrong and wildly dragging the rest of your team down with you..
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Seravajan

Post#56 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:45 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:28 pm

If you find yourself losing every scenario 0 to 500, you're either being hyperbolic in your assessment, or you're doing something incredibly wrong and wildly dragging the rest of your team down with you..
Normally I play a sorcerer. But if the healer in the team does not (want to) heal the sorc then the sorc will go down quite fast. Some classes are relying more on healers than others.

Sulorie

Post#57 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:20 pm

Seravajan wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:45 pm
Seravajan wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:08 pm It is not just you who loses, it is the complete side which loses.
Normally I play a sorcerer. But if the healer in the team does not (want to) heal the sorc then the sorc will go down quite fast. Some classes are relying more on healers than others.
One more reason to search for a healer to queue. Building groups should be your main incentive to win sc.
Dying is no option.

Skullgrin

Post#58 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:25 pm

I'm beginning to think that no matter how many times anyone tries to explain to someone that they are the lowest common denominator, the recipient of that advice will never actually accept that as a fact...
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Ads