Recent Topics

Ads

[FEEDBACK] Bolstering working as intended?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Hardkoar
Suspended
Posts: 242

Re: [FEEDBACK] Bolstering working as intended?

Post#41 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:21 am

CeeJay89 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:10 pm
Hardkoar wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:06 pm
CeeJay89 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:43 am


Well, I wouldn't say that's true. I just played my WH for the first time in over a year this last Friday, who was 40/40 with only an Anni/Merc mix and I managed to get the Vanq set in less than a week with absolutely 0 medals towards it. I did it all solo/duo (with a sub 40), too.

It's just a matter of picking the right fights. You're also limited on builds until you are geared. If you're going to solo, it's probably best to run glass cannon, follow the zerg, and pick off enemies that stray away from the pack. It's harder for melee than it is for ranged, but you want to put out more damage than everyone else for the kill reward.

That's like what? 500+ van medallions and 20RR from 40 to 58 u made in ''less than a week?'' =)
I mean... Maybe the RR due to the insane event past week end, but the medallions, especially solo? And most kills drop conqueror meds..
You are vastly hyperboleing this one
I'm not, but sure pal. I had no issue getting full Vanq (Shoulder and helm from gold bags after 50). Not really trying to prove anything to you, but stop telling people that it's some giant time investment when it isn't.
Boots :109
gloves 126
belt 76
shoulders 172
helm 189
Chest 229
A total of 901 Vanquisher medallions.

Farmed in a week. I mean, why did you go for vanquisher when you could've just done it like the other guy here that went full invader within a week of character creation?
Any other takers that got full sovereign in a week?

I'm done lol.

Ads
sogeou
Posts: 323

Re: [FEEDBACK] Bolstering working as intended?

Post#42 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:13 pm

Hardkoar wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:21 am
CeeJay89 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:10 pm
Hardkoar wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:06 pm



That's like what? 500+ van medallions and 20RR from 40 to 58 u made in ''less than a week?'' =)
I mean... Maybe the RR due to the insane event past week end, but the medallions, especially solo? And most kills drop conqueror meds..
You are vastly hyperboleing this one
I'm not, but sure pal. I had no issue getting full Vanq (Shoulder and helm from gold bags after 50). Not really trying to prove anything to you, but stop telling people that it's some giant time investment when it isn't.
Boots :109
gloves 126
belt 76
shoulders 172
helm 189
Chest 229
A total of 901 Vanquisher medallions.

Farmed in a week. I mean, why did you go for vanquisher when you could've just done it like the other guy here that went full invader within a week of character creation?
Any other takers that got full sovereign in a week?

I'm done lol.
Don't worry he is full of poop. Gold bags are so RNG, almost everyone I know get the same Vanq items in gold bags. So, you might get two items, after that it is the same one. I got helm like 6 times on one toon. They need to make it like PQ gold bags, drop two item in a gold bag or remove the system mythic has to repeat items you have.

Hardkoar
Suspended
Posts: 242

Re: [FEEDBACK] Bolstering working as intended?

Post#43 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:20 pm

Yup I've got 3 items luckily out of bags, rest i had to buy cuz of duplicates. Never seen a helm, shoulders of belt and from what I've heard from friends. I've actually gotten lucky with receiving 3 different ones.

Same goes for Genesis pieces, Shard and Fragment is all I've ever gotten, one (1!!) aspect and never the other items. A ''token'' of sort that would allow you to trade in 2-3 duplicates for one of your choice would go a long way to alleviate to disappointment after countless of ''useless'' bags.

Hardkoar
Suspended
Posts: 242

Re: [FEEDBACK] Bolstering working as intended?

Post#44 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:21 pm

Hardkoar wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:20 pm
Yup I've got 3 pieces luckily out of bags, rest i had to buy cuz of duplicates. Never seen a helm, shoulders of belt and from what I've heard from friends,I've actually gotten lucky with receiving 3 different ones.

Same goes for Genesis pieces, Shard and Fragment is all I've ever gotten, one (1!!) aspect and never the other items. A ''token'' of sort that would allow you to trade in 2-3 duplicates for one of your choice would go a long way to alleviate the disappointment after countless of ''useless'' bags.

User avatar
wargrimnir
Head Game Master
Posts: 6979
Contact:

Re: [FEEDBACK] Bolstering working as intended?

Post#45 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:34 pm

This is intended. RNG rewards are psychologically manipulative in making you think that next time if you just get lucky you can skip all the work you would otherwise need to do in order to get the thing in the bag. If we got rid of the RNG then it would just be a grind, if we gave you the choice of every item then it would be a drastic reduction in the average time required to get an item, and making duplicate trade-ins is just a more complex version of giving you a choice of every item.

Genesis RNG is designed to keep you playing RvR for that one more thing that you need long after you get all of your other pieces because the chance of rolling duplicates is high. If you didn't have that one more piece of your final BIS gear, then you would have left a long time ago. RvR being the core of the game, there should be something to work for.

These systems aren't random, they're not left in as an oversight, and they're not strictly adhered to as Mythic created them. They are very much considered and designed to keep players engaged longer than they probably should be in order to keep the population density nice and thicc for the core gameplay loop.

Is it frustrating when you win the same thing for a 3rd or 5th or 9th time? Hell yeah it is. But it's supposed to be, because you know how many medallions you're skipping to get that RNG reward, and even if you never get it from RNG eventually you'll just buy the damn thing and feel that sense of pride and accomplishment™.
Image
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

sogeou
Posts: 323

Re: [FEEDBACK] Bolstering working as intended?

Post#46 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:47 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:34 pm
This is intended. RNG rewards are psychologically manipulative in making you think that next time if you just get lucky you can skip all the work you would otherwise need to do in order to get the thing in the bag. If we got rid of the RNG then it would just be a grind, if we gave you the choice of every item then it would be a drastic reduction in the average time required to get an item, and making duplicate trade-ins is just a more complex version of giving you a choice of every item.

Genesis RNG is designed to keep you playing RvR for that one more thing that you need long after you get all of your other pieces because the chance of rolling duplicates is high. If you didn't have that one more piece of your final BIS gear, then you would have left a long time ago. RvR being the core of the game, there should be something to work for.

These systems aren't random, they're not left in as an oversight, and they're not strictly adhered to as Mythic created them. They are very much considered and designed to keep players engaged longer than they probably should be in order to keep the population density nice and thicc for the core gameplay loop.

Is it frustrating when you win the same thing for a 3rd or 5th or 9th time? Hell yeah it is. But it's supposed to be, because you know how many medallions you're skipping to get that RNG reward, and even if you never get it from RNG eventually you'll just buy the damn thing and feel that sense of pride and accomplishment™.

You should be able to to have your tokens by the time you are the current level. You should be able to get conq gear from bags at RR 40 no matter your rank. If I am RR 40 and Rank 34. I should be able to get bags for conq.

User avatar
CeeJay89
Posts: 172

Re: [FEEDBACK] Bolstering working as intended?

Post#47 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:24 pm

Hardkoar wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:21 am
CeeJay89 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:10 pm
Hardkoar wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:06 pm



That's like what? 500+ van medallions and 20RR from 40 to 58 u made in ''less than a week?'' =)
I mean... Maybe the RR due to the insane event past week end, but the medallions, especially solo? And most kills drop conqueror meds..
You are vastly hyperboleing this one
I'm not, but sure pal. I had no issue getting full Vanq (Shoulder and helm from gold bags after 50). Not really trying to prove anything to you, but stop telling people that it's some giant time investment when it isn't.
Boots :109
gloves 126
belt 76
shoulders 172
helm 189
Chest 229
A total of 901 Vanquisher medallions.

Farmed in a week. I mean, why did you go for vanquisher when you could've just done it like the other guy here that went full invader within a week of character creation?
Any other takers that got full sovereign in a week?

I'm done lol.
I got Gloves, Shoulder, and helm in five gold bags. That's 487 medallions saved. So yeah, maybe I just play more than you. In fact it would probably take less time now that Vanquisher medals in bags have doubled. I'm almost done with Invader now, too, not counting weapons. In 2.5 weeks since picking up my 40/40 WH again. I never did Conq, and getting from 40 to 51 with RR is quick. I'm RR 71 now. Invest the time, get the loot. I'm sure some GM/dev can confirm what I'm saying if they cared to take the time to look into my character. I imagine they don't.

For any new players reading this discussion: RNG is RNG. But it's not going to take you as long as some in here have claimed unless you're expecting everything from a few flips. My advice is to play right after a city completes. T2 and T3 go by exceptionally quick, which means lots of chances for bag rolls and anywhere between 1 ~ 20 medallions depending on your contribution. I averaged between 5 and 8 per flip. Take it or leave it.

sogeou
Posts: 323

Re: [FEEDBACK] Bolstering working as intended?

Post#48 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:35 pm

CeeJay89 wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:24 pm


I got Gloves, Shoulder, and helm in five gold bags. That's 487 medallions saved. So yeah, maybe I just play more than you. In fact it would probably take less time now that Vanquisher medals in bags have doubled. I'm almost done with Invader now, too, not counting weapons. In 2.5 weeks since picking up my 40/40 WH again. I never did Conq, and getting from 40 to 51 with RR is quick. I'm RR 71 now. Invest the time, get the loot. I'm sure some GM/dev can confirm what I'm saying if they cared to take the time to look into my character. I imagine they don't.

For any new players reading this discussion: RNG is RNG. But it's not going to take you as long as some in here have claimed unless you're expecting everything from a few flips. My advice is to play right after a city completes. T2 and T3 go by exceptionally quick, which means lots of chances for bag rolls and anywhere between 1 ~ 20 medallions depending on your contribution. I averaged between 5 and 8 per flip. Take it or leave it.
Your whole statement is based on the fact you have to fall back on two RNG things. Getting items out of bags, hoping you see zone flips. Sometimes people are lucky to be online to get 1 or 2 zone flips. Other times one side will be able to zerg down 6-7 zone flips. Just had two fresh 40s and you end up having has many invader items as conq and vanq after a few weeks. You are almost better doing beastlord and gunbad.

Ads
User avatar
CeeJay89
Posts: 172

Re: [FEEDBACK] Bolstering working as intended?

Post#49 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:48 pm

sogeou wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:35 pm
CeeJay89 wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:24 pm


I got Gloves, Shoulder, and helm in five gold bags. That's 487 medallions saved. So yeah, maybe I just play more than you. In fact it would probably take less time now that Vanquisher medals in bags have doubled. I'm almost done with Invader now, too, not counting weapons. In 2.5 weeks since picking up my 40/40 WH again. I never did Conq, and getting from 40 to 51 with RR is quick. I'm RR 71 now. Invest the time, get the loot. I'm sure some GM/dev can confirm what I'm saying if they cared to take the time to look into my character. I imagine they don't.

For any new players reading this discussion: RNG is RNG. But it's not going to take you as long as some in here have claimed unless you're expecting everything from a few flips. My advice is to play right after a city completes. T2 and T3 go by exceptionally quick, which means lots of chances for bag rolls and anywhere between 1 ~ 20 medallions depending on your contribution. I averaged between 5 and 8 per flip. Take it or leave it.
Your whole statement is based on the fact you have to fall back on two RNG things. Getting items out of bags, hoping you see zone flips. Sometimes people are lucky to be online to get 1 or 2 zone flips. Other times one side will be able to zerg down 6-7 zone flips. Just had two fresh 40s and you end up having has many invader items as conq and vanq after a few weeks. You are almost better doing beastlord and gunbad.
Your whole statement, among others, is implying that everybody who plays the game will be unable to compete or do anything with the game and get stomped for several months before even getting Vanquisher. The point is, you're objectively wrong.

If you're only logging on and trying to flip a single zone, then maybe you're doing it wrong. Get contribution in every zone available. Participate in every siege, especially defenses. Log on after city for the quick zones. Learn to drop oil.

It's not that hard to gear up. Stop acting like it is because you want everything with little investment.

sogeou
Posts: 323

Re: [FEEDBACK] Bolstering working as intended?

Post#50 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:51 pm

CeeJay89 wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:48 pm
Your whole statement, among others, is implying that everybody who plays the game will be unable to compete or do anything with the game and get stomped for several months before even getting Vanquisher. The point is, you're objectively wrong.

If you're only logging on and trying to flip a single zone, then maybe you're doing it wrong. Get contribution in every zone available. Participate in every siege, especially defenses. Log on after city for the quick zones. Learn to drop oil.

It's not that hard to gear up. Stop acting like it is because you want everything with little investment.
Being in a mix of conq / ani because you can't get full vanq is a huge difference. Or if you want vanq so your gear is not poop when you do 6v6 SC to get more gear. People who are doing 6v6 sc's in those mixed low tier gear die in seconds.

If you play in EU time zone, if you go run supplies touch all zones play for about 2-3 hours and no zone flips most times your contribution will not be enough as people are getting more than you since you had to log off. Most average people are the ones who lag behind. I do not find myself listed as average player with the amount I play. It is for sure a chore for those average players to get in correct gear based on their RR. I see lots of 60-70's in a mix of lower tier gear due to the RNG nature. Currently we are seeing a lot of fresh tons as well since double xp/rp.

You should stop acting like your above average play style is the normal. It has nothing to do with want stuff for free as people I have been seeing are RR 60+. Just trying to make the gear gap less from newer toons. But, maybe you enjoy getting easy kills.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

cron