Recent Topics

Ads

Destro Fort siege

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
martholomew

Re: Destro Fort siege

Post#31 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:56 pm

TreefAM wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:36 pm I tried to make a sorc/magus only wb in a fort once, had no luck and only got like 2 sorc 1 magus so had to fill the rest with mdps.
I guess this is something you need to make in the pre fort zone and roam with that, problem is, you won't manage to win many fights if you get too much pressure early with a full rdps warband.
A guildy of mine had a pug full of sorcs/magus and him as the only tank being focus healed and they managed to hold a fort easily with the absurd amount of aoe on the door.
Honestly I'm also to blame for this, I just can't fit a magus in a 12man roaming party, we just don't have the dps to bomb the rift spots. I can see it working in 24, but in 12 if you don't wipe the other side quick enough reinforcement will come and you'll be flanked.
So what is the comp of your 12 man? Just curious
Magus 40/78

Ads
TreefAM

Post#32 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:09 pm

Well honestly I play with what I get, dps wise it's at least 1 choppa 1 aoe mara, I always have a we and the last can be another choppa or sorc I don't mind.
There are some ideal builds that I've been trying but more often than not it's depends which friends are online and want to fight.
When I do make fort warbands though (which is rare since I dislike forts) I go for full 24man and try to fill it with lots of rdps + choppa since we will usually focus on stopping the nascar (or just delaying it enough for our sides nascar to catch up)

martholomew

Post#33 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:12 pm

TreefAM wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:09 pm Well honestly I play with what I get, dps wise it's at least 1 choppa 1 aoe mara, I always have a we and the last can be another choppa or sorc I don't mind.
There are some ideal builds that I've been trying but more often than not it's depends which friends are online and want to fight.
When I do make fort warbands though (which is rare since I dislike forts) I go for full 24man and try to fill it with lots of rdps + choppa since we will usually focus on stopping the nascar (or just delaying it enough for our sides nascar to catch up)
See, you just said "I can't fit a Magus in my group" while on the next post say "you don't mind" who comes with you. Which is it? And why CAN'T You fit one with you? What's the problem behind that?
Magus 40/78

Naelar

Post#34 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:17 pm

billyk wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:50 am
Onigokko0101 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:29 am
Man if you listened to Order you would think they were constantly outnumbered, armed with only spoons and the only reason they ever win is their superior skills and intelligence.
This is pretty much how it is during EU time at least. Just look at SoR during an average day.

How to spot destro xrealmers: They zerg without plan. Because it works on destro. Then they get blown apart. Because mindless zerging doesn't work on order.
Sure it does.. It's just called 'Realm pride' when Order does it.

TreefAM

Post#35 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:21 pm

I sometimes run it, but to make most use of a rift magus I need to have the rest of my dps able to bomb the spot he rifts and I need him to call his rifts. If my dps consists out of a we, a magus and the other being choppa/mara/whatever we won't really have that much pressure even if he rifts all the correct targets.
I had a couple of ST or aoe magus join me a couple of times, but often it was when I had to escale into 3 parties or because they were people I liked playing with.
Like I said, if I don't apply immediate pressure and kill off whatever warband I'm fighting there's the chance that I'll get flanked/zerged down by reinforcement that's coming after the usual /1 panic.
If they were just more bursty then I'd welcome them to my 12mans more often, or well if they didn't rely so much on their pets to buff them.

CountTalabecland

Post#36 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:17 pm

What is stopping destro from doing the same when defending?

I think you should analyze what Order does to win in lords room. Hint, mindless melee blender of choppas cant win all the time.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

CountTalabecland

Post#37 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:23 pm

Acidic wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:44 pm Reverse of city.
Only difference is destro get nerfs for city scores and keeps and forts issues ignored

Case in point moral changed to hit 9 but it’s ok that slayer m4 healdebuff hits 24, fort and keep being exactly where things like this matter
Imagine thinking Order is intentionally bringing Slayers specced entirely into the Giantslayer path. The most useless 2h ST trash tree in the game. Do you really think ppl are willing to give up a slot and all of the AoE potential for the rest of the fort just to bring one heal debuff? The fact that this morale hits 24 is neat I guess, but it is absolutely pointless to bring given what sort of trash monster you would become just to have it. This is in no way a real problem.

This is really pulling at straws for “Slayer OP,” even for destro.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.