Recent Topics

Ads

[SUGGESTION] Invis Wall in DW for RVR flag

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
RuhRoh

[SUGGESTION] Invis Wall in DW for RVR flag

Post#1 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:25 pm

There is a spot in Dragonwake, where order can run up and drop down into rvr zone, close to the keep on their side. Not an issue normally, but if they aren't rvr flagged, the flag does not time until they are inside postern. I don't think it is intended to have the ability to run into keep without a chance to stop them.

Could be addressed easily in 2 ways
1- add small invis wall to keep them from entering at that point.
2- move the area for flagging back in this area, so they flag before they drop next to wall.

thank you

Ads
martholomew

Re: [SUGGESTION] Invis Wall in DW for RVR flag

Post#2 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:41 pm

Is there a place that happens for Destro, also?
Magus 40/78

RuhRoh

Post#3 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:44 pm

if there is lets fix that too, but I don;t know one

Skullgrin

Post#4 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:25 pm

Are you talking about the area above Fireguard Spire? There's way too much ground to cover up there with a small wall, and besides it's a great place go and make friends...

:P
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

RuhRoh

Post#5 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:50 pm

Put the wall, so it kicks them to the ramp instead of letting them wall run and get to flat right by keep. won't let me upload picture, but it is 14k 32k

Martok

Post#6 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:13 pm

RuhRoh wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:25 pmThere is a spot in Dragonwake, where order can run up...

Who possesses which keep in Dragonwake, as in every other zone, changes by design. Which means at time Destruction players can, if they want to invest the time to get there, utilize the same advantage.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Aluviya

Post#7 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:16 pm

There are several keeps ingame which you can reach pretty easily without having to engange in any fights- if you are fast enough- before getting flagged:

Order:Thickmuck Pit from any postern
Destro:Kazad Dammaz -from the Southern postern passing the mountains from Southeast
Destro/order: Hatreds Way via Warreport for to the PvE chapter and both postern

I think adding invis walls will end up killing many alternative routes and will lead to stuck players. Also modification of the timer before getting flagged might be problematic if you join scenarios in orvr and get farmed while zoning back to the rvr. Same is for changing the rvr/pve zones- which could eventually lead to lowbies getting farmed "accidently" :twisted: . I think the solution could be more like this: If you are withing the reach of a keep you are flagged instantly.

nuadarstark

Post#8 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:10 pm

There are sooo many places inbetween the sides that allow you easy enter through the posterns into besieged keep that the other side can't do anything about. I think it's a bit futile to try to fix, especially since we have so many other problems that need to fixed or addressed.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

Ads
RuhRoh

Post#9 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:39 pm

I had to run from the war report, but the mountains, and cliffs make it impossible to get to the same place for destro. I finally got there by running past their champs at the warcamp after going through calador RVR.

Meanwhile they run up the hill from warcamp easy and drop into flat by keep. This one is an easy fix, the squeeze and need to go back and forth to get up the hill is solved with the invis wall.