Recent Topics

Ads

City Rewards change in patch

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Mordd

City Rewards change in patch

Post#1 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:30 pm

I want to start with saying I really like most of the patch. its a step in the right direction.

The change to bag rewards for the losing side, as the game stands is wrong and just exasperates a gear problem. As things are currently Destro wins 65%+, closer to 70% of all cities. This is a fact. its basic math and the data can be shown. Balance is being worked on but its a slow process. Losers already receive fewer royals, now the bag rewards are being reduced also. Im sure its not the intention but this change directly targets order in the games current state.
Gamesbond had said this was changed because you can now earn royals on orvr. This would be a valid point of both winners and losers rewards were changed, but that is not the case. Winners still get the same rewards.

Until cities are better balanced the bags should not be changed, the losers already receive less royals. Dont make it even worse.

Destro should not want this either if they think about it. Already there are more destro queuing for city than order and many times destro have to queue quickly or be left standing. Now there will be even less of a reason to queue for something Order already sees as a dreadful experience and more Destro will be left standing not getting a city queue.

Ads
Telther

Re: City Rewards change in patch

Post#2 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:08 pm

Agree 100%

Rydiak

Post#3 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:24 pm

Agreed
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

catholicism198

Post#4 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:32 pm

Bye bye Order, hello destro.

Why play the losing side if you’re going to be punished to such a big degree.
This only widens the gear gap between the two factions, which will result in even more wins for the dominate side.

lyncher12

Post#5 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:38 pm

yea it feels unneeded
without those weird 0 healer order groups queuing it will be 4 active cities so less rewards for everyone

Mordd

Post#6 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:59 pm

I just noticed the Fort rewards were changed also. This is more a hit on destro and is also not needed or balanced. invaders are much easier to get, but all a change like this does is deter people from wanting to participate.

Fenris78

Post#7 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:10 pm

Totally agreed : the dreadful suffering from a losing instance is most and only alleviated by the chance to loot up to 3 bags at the end (and not totally wasting your time being repeatedly stomped).

If you remove the only slight interest for entering city (as Order player at least), I think there is not much to do here anymore, especially after having loot bags reduced for incomplete instances...

Cities being currently an ininteresting AFKfest after one side dominating the other, suffering for one hour may not worth the fewer and fewer rewards we get here.

Please leave loot as it is currently or you'll lose more and more players for endgame content... :s

Shooshpanzerer

Post#8 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:17 pm

Or maybe there is a thing called /5?

Ads
Rydiak

Post#9 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:19 pm

Shooshpanzerer wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:17 pm Or maybe there is a thing called /5?
"Organize better"
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

lyncher12

Post#10 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:27 pm

Shooshpanzerer wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:17 pm Or maybe there is a thing called /5?
because you will totally win just recruiting from /5. /5 > 6 engi 1 healer cities but its a gamble vs anything else.