Recent Topics

Ads

Please buff hitta tree.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
User avatar
martholomew
Posts: 140

Re: Please buff hitta tree.

Post#21 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:38 pm

Skullgrin wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:33 pm
Sulorie wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:50 pm
With that argument I didn't meant to highlight, that a certain class has too many useful tactics and it's a hard choice to pick 4.
It's more like 2h choppa and slayer have only 3 tactic slots, because 2h spec is around exhaust 2h exclusive skills, which require a mandatory tactic to prevent losing all rage after one ability.

The same could be argued for certain builds for most classes. For example, 2H Chosen pretty much requires you to take the tactics Rugged and Flawless Armor - if you don't you are too squishy and die before you can do enough damage to be effective. These types of choices were a conscious decision on the part of the Mythic developers, and while I may not agree with all the choices they made I do think there were good reasons for them. My main point though is that I've yet to see any compelling evidence that would make me think that an entire Choppa mastery tree needs to be reworked and buffed.


martholomew wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:58 pm
Acting like a forum mod speaks louder than words saying you're one. You're an absolute tool for derailing this forum topic and the OP's post for your own histrionic needs.

You might think you're great at parties, but I doubt everyone else at the party does. Not sure if you realize it or not, but a heart isn't judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others....so far, several of us don't see much to love.

You need to take a step back. Everyone responding to you is a result of your own shitty behavior. But histrionic, narcissistic people don't get that. Neither will you.


Oh look, more personal attacks.

Look, you may not like how I made my point in my initial post here, but it did a excellent job at making it and drawing everyones attention. That point being that, as far as I'm concerned, just asking for a buff to your favorite class without giving a reason for why is patently ridiculous. Choppas are in a good place currently and don't need any major work. I didn't try to derail the thread, I just pointed out how ridiculous it was to make a request for buffs without giving any reason for the need to.

At this time I've made more of a contribution to this thread than you have, so either stop posting or make an actual argument as to why you think Choppas need to be buffed. All you have done so far is to whiteknight for someone who is apparently to lazy to make an actual case for why Choppa buffs should be implemented.
You: *says snarky inane **** trying to derail thread and expressing your histrionic crap*
Others: *points it out*
You: "NUUU STOP BEIN PERSUNNUL I HAZ CUNTRIBBUTID MOAR TO THRED THAN U!"

Cry me a river. You swat a beehive and when you get stung, you get mad at the bees. And 'drawing everyone's attention' is precisely what motivates you in life, I suspect. Hence, histrionic (look it up).

And you say you aren't a forum moderator, but you're trying to tell me AND the op how and what to post or tell me not to post at all. None of which is within your power.

How about follow your own advice.
Magus 40/78

Ads
User avatar
Grock
Posts: 691

Re: Please buff hitta tree.

Post#22 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:41 pm

Skullgrin wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:26 pm

Seriously just remove youserlf from the thread, you are adding nothing to the discussion and it doesn't seem like you have any relevant experience either
Orkni
Image

User avatar
wargrimnir
Head Game Master
Posts: 6846
Contact:

Re: Please buff hitta tree.

Post#23 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:50 pm

You guys should probably sort out some kind of solution, get some consensus between a handful of players with a good amount of high-end experience, and then post it in a clean and straightforward manner in balance proposals.
Image
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

User avatar
Chopstix
Posts: 11

Re: Please buff hitta tree.

Post#24 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:26 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:50 pm
You guys should probably sort out some kind of solution, get some consensus between a handful of players with a good amount of high-end experience, and then post it in a clean and straightforward manner in balance proposals.
This thread was meant to hopefully get some facts and some ways of improvement on choppa and the hitta tree in particular. What it has turned into is some one who doesnt even play the class dropping in giving their two cents and YES derailing the topic on some real "Trollish" vibes. If you dont have ANY i mean ANY (please READ ......ANY) way of doing this i again ask the important question why are you here other than to just spew nonsense that is not helpful and NO ONE wants to here.
You see Chopstix in the Chosen forums going "Hey guys what are you talking about chosen is in a GREAT place right now. Stop complaing" no you dont. Further more in said thread do you see Chopstix being asked by chosens "Hey you think their in a good place chopstix so tell us how you play YOUR chosen and bestow your infintie wisdom on us so we can play better" "Oh sorry guys i DONT play chosen just talking about my opinion so take or leave it" <Insert Crickets sound here>. Just stop man you not helping and its obvious no one want you here.
Wargrimnir if you are a forum mod plz i implore you plz get the guy/girl out of here so i can talk with people who ACTALLY play the class and try to get some feedback because from my knowledge because i have played choppa from DAY 1 we are NOT in a good place right now. we are in a "Hey use GTDC CF Bring it on throw in a CSTC and just flail around until you A. kill some ppl or get them low enough for others to mop up or B. use CF so the Sorc and or Squig can spam their abilites and do most of the work! now get to work monkey!" "wait what do you mean you are single target spec? Drop this noob and get me some more AOE shrekS PLZ!!"

User avatar
phononHYPE
Posts: 335

Re: Please buff hitta tree.

Post#25 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:50 pm

I don't know, I'm kind of use to being a 3-legged dog in triathalon when it comes to being 2h choppa. I have all the armors, I spend about 20g a day on rr respects to match whats happening (SC, fort/city, lakes), and all I've learned is to a) either hide in a group (can't, choppa too big!) or b) play uber-tank, burn 3 pot CDs, and hope reinforcement shows up before I'm dead.

I've submitted an improvement idea before, but it was only really making No More Helping more viable, and did nothing for the mando tactic or the fact that Hitta just gives us ... more finishers, now with more utility. We have utility, but at the cost of our damage, hence no burst. I'm glad to help work out anything for this 3-legged tree, cuz I love it, and I'm tired of being a 3-legged dog in a big race.
Kaputcha - Dooooooom Diiiiiiiiiva!
Image
Doom Diver doing wot Doom Diver do!

User avatar
oaliaen
Posts: 710

Re: Please buff hitta tree.

Post#26 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:59 pm

Just increase the dmg calc on 2h skills .. Noone use them cause they do low dmg compared to wasting all your Mastery points..
Silently we bide our time
Soon we'll pay you back
For all the wrongs you've done our kind
For the stabwounds in our backs

User avatar
wargrimnir
Head Game Master
Posts: 6846
Contact:

Re: Please buff hitta tree.

Post#27 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:35 am

Chopstix wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:26 pm
Wargrimnir if you are a forum mod plz i implore you plz get the guy/girl out of here so i can talk with people who ACTALLY play the class and try to get some feedback because from my knowledge because i have played choppa from DAY 1 we are NOT in a good place right now. we are in a "Hey use GTDC CF Bring it on throw in a CSTC and just flail around until you A. kill some ppl or get them low enough for others to mop up or B. use CF so the Sorc and or Squig can spam their abilites and do most of the work! now get to work monkey!" "wait what do you mean you are single target spec? Drop this noob and get me some more AOE shrekS PLZ!!"
You missed the point. You don't have to engage with someone being disruptive. You can just discuss whatever you need to around him and hit that report button. That's how you keep a thread open and get stuff done.
Image
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

User avatar
Grock
Posts: 691

Re: Please buff hitta tree.

Post#28 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:13 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:50 pm
You guys should probably sort out some kind of solution, get some consensus between a handful of players with a good amount of high-end experience, and then post it in a clean and straightforward manner in balance proposals.
Thats already in the process actually, just not very public for now :)
Orkni
Image

Ads
User avatar
Grock
Posts: 691

Re: Please buff hitta tree.

Post#29 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:18 pm

So for those interested i'll be gathering people to further discuss this topic in the near future, if you want to participate send me a PM here on forums (also include your Choppa or Slayer name please :P)
Orkni
Image

User avatar
Bozzax
Posts: 2105

Re: Please buff hitta tree.

Post#30 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:15 pm

DW choppa is not bad spec 2H is.

2h is inferior to 1h
+10% parry (INCOMING) vs 2h +10% block strike through (OUT) - Massive

DW AA and procs
1h +60-80% main hand procs 46% offhand procs
1h +50%% damage AA vs 37,5% Aa damage (avg)

At this point 100 or so more tooltip on EB abilities and 75% more dmg on EBs just cant recoup the lost AA and proc dmg (esp since you are down 25% Damage on btwn EBs).

3 Tactics
2h one less tactic = 7-12% less damage for 2h

Less CC
2h less CC (GTDC is rly a 1v1 thing)

Cons
Less damage (AA, procs, one tactic used for mech)
Less parry
Less CC (1v1)
Weaker AOE (no GTDC 2tic)
Harder to play

Pro
Can spike higher (at times) but not a controled burst like WL.
No armor/resist pen in yellow
CDinc
2x healdebuff for pressuring healers

(Wot rules is even worse, no rage drop, low def, no real edge)

(Slayer 2h is slightlly better bc of Rampage is much more influential then KOC’)
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Naelar and 10 guests