Recent Topics

Ads

mara proposal KD

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
jughurta69

mara proposal KD

Post#1 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:30 pm

no return in sight of the original marauder

can you think about a possible change on Mutated energy no longer only on disrupt but on any type of defense (parry, disrupt and dodge)

Mara is a crossing WL / SW
Compare the possibility of killing, catching and KD a target on the WL, mSW, SW

All other DD classes have a KD in the "correct specification tree"
Having it in the AOE tree is an impressive penalty for the single target spec

On single target mara has no CC. The only one Damage Dealer with no control

Thank you for your interest in my proposal
And good game to all

Google trad ;)

Ads
Martok

Re: mara proposal KD

Post#2 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:39 pm

jughurta69 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:30 pmOn single target mara has no CC.

Mara has a disarm, which to my mind certainly qualifies as a single-target CC.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

jughurta69

Post#3 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:48 pm

disarm is only for melee and when player are disarm , player detaunt .
When disarm you can parry , block , detaunt etc.. useless on caster

You want list cc on SW et WL ?

All mdps have a stun kill , no mara ( ps i speak for a KD with required )

the original mara ST have no cc but enormous survivability

With his debuff heal tactics which heals him from all sources of healing (potion, life tap, morale etc ...)

Currently neither the cc nor the survival in mara ST

Rapzel

Post#4 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:55 pm

Mara has the weird stun on disrupt, and aoe interrupt.
Do you want pounce as well since both WL and SW has that?
If you have a problem killing as a single target mara the problem is not the career, it's either gear or that you play poorly.
Game is balanced around group play not solo play, and with the amount of stuns on destro side this can in no way be an issue.

jughurta69

Post#5 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:41 pm

Rapzel wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:55 pm Mara has the weird stun on disrupt, and aoe interrupt.
If you have a problem killing as a single target mara the problem is not the career, it's either gear or that you play poorly.
Game is balanced around group play not solo play, and with the amount of stuns on destro side this can in no way be an issue.

Mara has the weird stun on disrupt, and aoe interrupt and ??? how many CC have WL ,SW vs Mara ??? stun kill because impossible to defense when stun .

Without stun ST mara undergo the action no mastery of combat PS i speak for stun required

Do you want pounce as well since both WL and SW has that? No , i not elf

Game is balanced around group play not solo play . No just no
you want us to talk about the interactions of the ordered classes and the effects against that destru. You know there is an excel board that should always be on the forum.

Pandastyle

Post#6 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:28 am

no, just no :D
I didnt even read the thread completely but leave the mara as it is because it is in a good spot as it is now...many other classes deserve more love before we deserve it again...
yes the kd is on disrupt but did you consider it is also on a 100ft range? we also have the only aoe kd in the game. we. dont. need. more. really...
I dont want another discussion about how OP mara apparently is and see it nerfed again because of this...
85 Mara
80 Choppa
80 Zealot

wildwindblows

Post#7 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:08 am

Mara is fine. Just need old tb, pb and tc back. :_(

Rapzel

Post#8 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:54 pm

jughurta69 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:41 pm
Rapzel wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:55 pm Mara has the weird stun on disrupt, and aoe interrupt.

Mara has the weird stun on disrupt, and aoe interrupt and ??? how many CC have WL ,SW vs Mara ??? stun kill because impossible to defense when stun .

Without stun ST mara undergo the action no mastery of combat PS i speak for stun required

you want us to talk about the interactions of the ordered classes and the effects against that destru. You know there is an excel board that should always be on the forum.
Mara has 2 ability stuns, disarm, and M4 stun.
SW has 2 ability stuns, disarm, silence and M4 stagger.
WL has stun and silence.

I have no idea what you're even talking about with Excel boards.

If you can't kill without stun on mara, it's a you problem, not career.

The game is not balanced around 1vs1, careers have strengths and weaknesses that you need to build groups/warbands around.

In a group you have zealot stagger and silence, 2 tanks with stuns, and almost all melee dps have a stun except DPS DoK on destro, so you have three stuns at least (usually 4 with WE +Mara) I do not understand what the problem is when mara brings so many other things to a group.

Ads
jughurta69

Post#9 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:13 pm

I never spoke of a new KD

Just possibly a modification of the existing one :lol: :lol: with all required not free ( required parry , disrupt and dodge)
Last edited by jughurta69 on Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Manatikik

Post#10 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:24 pm

Rapzel wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:54 pm
jughurta69 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:41 pm

Mara has 2 ability stuns, disarm, and M4 stun.
SW has 2 ability stuns, disarm, silence and M4 stagger.
WL has stun and silence.

I have no idea what you're even talking about with Excel boards.

If you can't kill without stun on mara, it's a you problem, not career.

The game is not balanced around 1vs1, careers have strengths and weaknesses that you need to build groups/warbands around.

In a group you have zealot stagger and silence, 2 tanks with stuns, and almost all melee dps have a stun except DPS DoK on destro, so you have three stuns at least (usually 4 with WE +Mara) I do not understand what the problem is when mara brings so many other things to a group.

Instill Fear is M3 smh... Also should note Exploit Weakness is the only 13 point KD in the game (unless my break has made me forget another one which I do no believe has happened) and is the only ranged class without an AoE root or AoE KB so it’s extra CC tool is the compensation for that.
<Montague><Capulet>