Recent Topics

Ads

xp/rr/inf from supplies should scale with distance

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
LordEpee

xp/rr/inf from supplies should scale with distance

Post#1 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:00 pm

I was browsing the wiki and was surprised when I read that the value of supplies increases based on a number of factors including distance. Supplies from further away are worth more! I feel this isn't well communicated through game mechanics, as there are many players running supplies from only the closest objectives. If the rewards one gains is well broadcasted to the person who turns in the supplies, and maybe making it clear the player is gaining more rewards based off of the value of the box they are turning in, it would incentivize players to take risks, to take boxes from more dangerous locations, etc.

Ads
GamesBond
Former Staff

Re: xp/rr/inf from supplies should scale with distance

Post#2 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:11 pm

I believe most players understand the logic behind supplies.

It's about evaluating the distance/risk to reward, in other words, running supplies from farther distance increases your risk of getting ganked, killed and getting zero influence/renown/experience. Even if it's totally safe, you could do the shortest supply run and return to the BO to find another one - with the recent changes (decreased the spawn interval of supply crates).

There are lots of factors to calculate if you're the kind who min/max supply runs, and players solely deciding what's best for them/their realm is what makes this game unique.