Recent Topics

Ads

Magus Daemons/Engineer Turrets - reduce damage taken from AoE

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Sonnam

Magus Daemons/Engineer Turrets - reduce damage taken from AoE

Post#1 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:33 am

Very often the Magus/Engi pets are pretty useless and mean you can't strategically manage your class mechanic because they get popped in seconds to random casual non targeted damage.

A lot of other MMO's have a mechanic where pets take like 90% reduced damage from AoE splash damage, engi/magus turrets sometimes just instantly pop or get summoned at half health which makes the damage they do/other utility reduced, I like that there is counter play and turrets/demons would still be floppy enough to be taken down ST very easily if you wanted to curb the magus/engi, it doesn't stop the extra wounds tactic on demon/turret being useful as I'm sure that will still see use for blue horror melee PBAoE builds but it means that magus/engi could realistically play better in city blobs/fort blobs in current meta, you would still have to play around pet management and placement and tactically using the pet. You could even implement it so that it was only on flamer/blue under 30ft or something like that, or even make it a tactic or something. I just think it would be a much needed buff for Magus/Engi in the game types where they don't get much play even though they should be more than capable of that game type with their toolkit, it also opens up keep attacks/defence more rather than either just hiding your pet so you can get the buffs from it or playing havoc/sniping.

I think this could be useful for mSH as well but less so as their pets are mobile and can be managed easier, WL cats already seem reasonably tanky.

thoughts?

Ads