Recent Topics

Ads

[FEEDBACK] - 3rd Twitch Drops event

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
GamesBond
Former Staff

[FEEDBACK] - 3rd Twitch Drops event

Post#1 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:17 am

Hello,

Thank you for participating in the 3rd Twitch Drops event, I believe most of the feedback/talks we've heard in the weekend were positive, but there's always room for new suggestions. As you know, we'll be taking a break from Twitch Drops until approximately Christmas or New Year (the roadmap should be clearer in the near future).

Just like the previous events, we'd like to hear your opinion regarding this version of Twitch Drops. Feel free to write your own words or simply copy the questions below:

1. GENERAL:

- Do you consider this event better than the 1st and the 2nd?

- Did you notice the feedbacks and suggestions that we implemented from previous [FEEDBACK] - Twitch Drops threads?

- Do you think having Twitch Drops twice or thrice per year is fair enough? Let's say on major holidays/occasions.

- Is there anything that you find unclear about this event, its process and rewards?

2. REWARDS:

- Did you get all the rewards that were mentioned on the rewards list?

- Were the guaranteed rewards fair (fixed hours rewards)?

- Were the hours required for these rewards fair?

- Did the RNG rewards drop often for you?

- Do you prefer watching more for more hours than relying on your RNG luck? For example, you might get an RNG reward in 10 minutes or in 10 hours.

3. QUESTS

- Are the quests challenging enough?

- Are the quests' rewards fair?

- Can the quests be more competitive?

4. STREAMERS

- Have you watched more than one streamer?

- Did you have any issue with a streamer (do not write any names here)?

- Do you think you're more inclined to watch RoR streamers after this event?

Ads
Akalukz

Re: [FEEDBACK] - 3rd Twitch Drops event

Post#2 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:47 am

Probably best one of the 3. will post more feedback tomorrow :)
-= Agony =-

KissShot

Post#3 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:59 am

Would be cool to be able to select the mount/pet we want next time.

Would also be cool for streamers to be able to unlock drops for current viewers by performing well (e.g. winning a ranked scenario means all viewers get a roll at some rng thing, etc.).

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#4 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:12 am

KissShot wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:59 am Would be cool to be able to select the mount/pet we want next time.
The pets we can use for Twitch Drops are limited, for the sake of the lore. As for mounts, most need retouching and some animation enhancement before the event and are also limited. Maybe a small pool of 2-3 mounts to pick from, for each faction?

- - -
KissShot wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:59 am Would also be cool for streamers to be able to unlock drops for current viewers by performing well (e.g. winning a ranked scenario means all viewers get a roll at some rng thing, etc.).
This comes with Twitch's V.2 of Twitch Drops, we'll be using it soon enough and we have plans regarding streamers accomplishing something in-game and triggering rewards for all the viewers. But it has downsides that we need to evaluate.

Serbiansword

Post#5 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:20 am

1. GENERAL:

- Do you consider this event better than the 1st and the 2nd?
I haven't been around for the 1st and 2nd event.

- Did you notice the feedbacks and suggestions that we implemented from previous [FEEDBACK] - Twitch Drops threads?
- || -

- Do you think having Twitch Drops twice or thrice per year is fair enough? Let's say on major holidays/occasions.
Yes, that's quite fair.

- Is there anything that you find unclear about this event, its process and rewards?
Once you go through the whole process it is really simple, but it would be good if you could post a brief summary of actions for the next event, for instance:
1. Link your RoR account with your Twitch account.
2. Wait for the event to begin, when it does begin, each verified streamer will have a "drops enabled" tag on its channel.
3. Keep watching the stream. The rewards that you get should trigger twitch notifications, however those notifications might not work, so make sure to check your Twitch page on RoR website.
4. Once you get a drop, it will become visible on your RoR-Twitch page. Make sure to claim it and pick the character to whom will the drop be delivered.
5. Drops will be delivered via mail to your character, usually it takes a couple of minutes for the mail to be delivered. However, it might happen that you need to wait longer than that, a couple of hours for instance.

2. REWARDS:

- Did you get all the rewards that were mentioned on the rewards list?
I think I have, I got a shitton of 'em XD

- Were the guaranteed rewards fair (fixed hours rewards)?
Yes they were.

- Were the hours required for these rewards fair?
Seem fair enough.

- Did the RNG rewards drop often for you?
I'd say yes, considering that I had the stream open for 10+ hours almost every day.

3. QUESTS

- Are the quests challenging enough?

- Are the quests' rewards fair?

- Can the quests be more competitive?

I haven't played the game since 2017 and I recently started playing again, so I'm not competent enough to answer all of these question 'cause I'm still trying to realistically asses the time - reward ratio... But I'd say that the quests are challenging enough and that the rewards are fair.

4. STREAMERS

- Have you watched more than one streamer?
Yes, I've been watching multiple streamers intermittently.

- Did you have any issue with a streamer (do not write any names here)?
No, but I think that she had some issues with me :P

- Do you think you're more inclined to watch RoR streamers after this event?
Yes, definitely.

KissShot

Post#6 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:43 am

GamesBond wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:12 am
KissShot wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:59 am Would be cool to be able to select the mount/pet we want next time.
The pets we can use for Twitch Drops are limited, for the sake of the lore. As for mounts, most need retouching and some animation enhancement before the event and are also limited. Maybe a small pool of 2-3 mounts to pick from, for each faction?

Yep, exactly that - some people only want the small mounts for roaming, or the cool looking ones for coolness sake, and so on. 2-3 to pick from would be dope.

- - -
KissShot wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:59 am Would also be cool for streamers to be able to unlock drops for current viewers by performing well (e.g. winning a ranked scenario means all viewers get a roll at some rng thing, etc.).
This comes with Twitch's V.2 of Twitch Drops, we'll be using it soon enough and we have plans regarding streamers accomplishing something in-game and triggering rewards for all the viewers. But it has downsides that we need to evaluate.

Roger.

Hadann

Post#7 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:11 am

I definitely felt this twitch event was better than the previous events simply because you could see the feedback given to the RoR team was taken seriously and changes were made. Just a few examples, people wanted better armor pots and talis and this event delivered on that

As a mod for wiggle's stream it was great to see Communication between streamers and gamesbond improve this time around so the streamers could pass info down to us and viewers without many issues. I could see viewers definitely appreciated that all the streamers could help and answer most drop related questions without hesitation. Big props to gamesbond for being quick to respond to any questions from streamers as well. Alot of "behind the scene" stuff most people dont take into consideration was definitely improved this time around

Overall better drops, RNG drops were happening much more. Saw quite a bit of goggles go out this weekend than the last two. People receiving their items at correct time stamps seemed to be pretty much on point this weekend. Didnt hear any complaints from viewers about not getting their drops as opposed to last event where it became the theme of the drops.

I spent most of my time helping wiggle in her stream and it was great to see the type of community RoR has. Everyone is always respectful and just looking to get some good laughs, good conversations going and just enjoying the time playing ror without trolling, complaining etc etc. All the streamers were great especially sarge and stache. Tons of fun watching them and seeing everyone supporting eachother.

The quest this time around were much better, nothing too crazy but enough to make people work towards it and I felt the rewards were all great( rewards were complained about last event) so again RoR team listened.

Having twitch drops happen on holidays and such seems like a good idea. Having them happen often will eventually lose the "hype" to participate in them. Keeping them limited makes the events more enjoyable when they do happen and keeps the playerbase from expecting free stuff every month.

Sorry for wall of text but thanks again to all who put this event together and continue to do hard work to improve the game daily. Ive personally seen quite a bit of people this weekend posting in the chats how they just got back, or were in the process of downloading the game so that alone makes the twitch drop an successful event. Look forward to doing again.

madmalky2014
Suspended

Post#8 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:26 am

Twitch event hasnt worked twice now for me it is pointless and im not alone. No rewards ever and no solutions given i will avoid the next a total waste of time.

Ads
Sinisterror

Post#9 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:24 am

I didnt experience first twitch drop event, but this was so so much better on everything than the last one. Nothing too good or too bad with rewards. Only reward i didnt like was 30 guild scrolls. Exotic trophies are amazing for example most people want these more than they want the goggles. Im very annoyed i picked the shittiest looking trophy because i didnt wait or try to find how they all look.

I enjoyed this event much more than the last one. 3-4 events in a year is good i think.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Gurf

Post#10 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:04 am

Only criticism was I wish we had a description of the quests on here before sending to our character, as this time the rewards were great but I sent them to the wrong characters so didn't feel it was worth getting them done. If I had known what they were before I would have spend all weekend doing scenarios and rvr on my White Lion as he needs to crests/rewards.