Recent Topics

Ads

[FEEDBACK] - 3rd Twitch Drops event

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Tanhawk

Re: [FEEDBACK] - 3rd Twitch Drops event

Post#71 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:17 am

GamesBond wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:16 pm
Ebonskaith wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:45 am B; Yes, Except the RNG rewards. I have Very bad RNG luck, so I didn't get anything but the goggles.
The Goggles have the lowest drop rate between all rewards in all Twitch Drops, that's some nice luck here :lol:
So glad someone else caught this, Thank you GamesBond! lol

My feedback on the event overall:

1. I know a lot of people posted here that the rewards sorta "dried up" after the first day of the event. Part of that is because you stopped getting the scheduled drops in combination with the RNG drops and also because you started capping on the total drops you could get for the event. I personally received more RNG drops on day 2 than day 1. Remember it's all random. All in all I was still getting RNG drops through the entire event even though I never got ALL the drops but that is working entirely as intended. Happy with what I got.

2. I was going to mention, like others did here, that the "quest drops" were a little hard to understand but GamesBond already said it was heard by staff and it will be addressed for future Twitch events. Thank you for all our unpaid staff does for us here.

3. This is probably completely my fault but thought I would throw it out there incase it might help someone. I did over 14 hours of this event and got ALL the scheduled rewards including the mount and was unable to assign a reward to a single character. This is because last year I changed my forum User Name to my main character name on Destro side and apparently it created a new game account for me. So ALL my rewards went to an account that had no toons created on it. Again, my fault, but please make sure your game user ID and forums ID match or you will not get rewards for these Twitch events.

Tanhawk Dragonbane
Guild Leader of Revolte on Order faction
"Honor First... All Else Follows"

Ads
Swissguru

Post#72 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:42 am

Great event. Please don't include the most difficult to reach objective in the mandatory list of tasks to get full rewards - it easily doubles the necessary SCs you need to complete if you're not stomping pugs as a premade.

adzcriz

Post#73 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:59 pm

GamesBond wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:03 pm
- - -
adzcriz wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:31 pm - Do you think having Twitch Drops twice or thrice per year is fair enough? Let's say on major holidays/occasions. Actually i find it better to be a more regular event from my experience of other games like World of warships, they simply tweaked the drop rate and ensured rewards were not overpowered, perhaps something similar here
Over the past 3 months, we figured out that they take enough of our tiny manpower to make it less frequent, but the main reason is that we want to keep it "fresh" for people to be eager to participate in without giving them the feel that it's repetitive.

Good feedback tho, thanks.
- - -

Ah, manpower I can understand, I don't know really whats involved in setting it all up etc. that said it was a nice event.
Cykosis - Zealot ~ Resident Psychotic Healer

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#74 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:13 pm

Tanhawk wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:17 am I was going to mention, like others did here, that the "quest drops" were a little hard to understand but GamesBond already said it was heard by staff and it will be addressed for future Twitch events. Thank you for all our unpaid staff does for us here.
Thank you for noticing, it's a pleasure for all of us in the team to make your experience better whenever possible.

- - -
Tanhawk wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:17 am Again, my fault, but please make sure your game user ID and forums ID match or you will not get rewards for these Twitch events.
I will also make sure that this will be mentioned as well in future events. There's been 8 or 9 people so far, including you, who experienced this disappointing tiny mistake that costed you everything, so we'll try to put that issue in the spotlight and hope that everyone would read it.

- - -
Swissguru wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:42 am Great event. Please don't include the most difficult to reach objective in the mandatory list of tasks to get full rewards - it easily doubles the necessary SCs you need to complete if you're not stomping pugs as a premade.
Nothing is mandatory in Twitch Drops events. But what's the issue in your opinion? The 30 SCs or the 5 SC wins? Cause you have 7 days to do that quest and 30 SCs require 7.5 hours over 7 days IF every single SC you join takes 15 minutes to finish - which is unlikely to happen.

Lakomasoi

Post#75 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:46 pm

1. GENERAL:

- Do you consider this event better than the 1st and the 2nd?

I enjoyed it, I liked that the goals were unique to the event and not just rewrites with flavor from the last one. I was only around for the second one.

- Did you notice the feedbacks and suggestions that we implemented from previous [FEEDBACK] - Twitch Drops threads?

- Do you think having Twitch Drops twice or thrice per year is fair enough? Let's say on major holidays/occasions.

I would say making an event around Seasons or in game holidays would be interesting. Having it is good for recruitment, finding a sweet spot between not often enough and too regular, I might make it something that happens every 2- 2/12 months.

- Is there anything that you find unclear about this event, its process and rewards?

Is there a reason the special mounts aren't available after the twitch drops?

2. REWARDS:

- Did you get all the rewards that were mentioned on the rewards list?
I earned everything that was not RNG, I also won some RNG rewards as well

- Were the guaranteed rewards fair (fixed hours rewards)?

Yes, I might suggest having a quest that extends multiple Twitch drops, jsut an ongoing questline that is only active during twitch drops, maybe once it is done it can be uploaded into the game as normal.

- Were the hours required for these rewards fair?

More than Fair

- Did the RNG rewards drop often for you?

There was a 12 hours stretch I didn't get anything, but that is an extreme time to watch for some, makes me wonder how much I would have lost if I didn't watch for those extra 12 hours.

- Do you prefer watching more for more hours than relying on your RNG luck? For example, you might get an RNG reward in 10 minutes or in 10 hours.

I am ok with both, maybe have some RNG drops also drop at extreme hours of watching?

3. QUESTS

- Are the quests challenging enough?

The 30 times/ 5 times quest was frustrating. This is made more annoying by hour long queue times for SC's maybe during these weekends drop the number of players down to 6/8/12 players per side

- Are the quests' rewards fair?

Very Fair

- Can the quests be more competitive?

I think having one of them being a higher competitive level is good, having them all be competitive isn't for everyone. Could also have a twitch quest be a challenge between Order and Destro, which ever sides fills the goal mark by end of weekend wins something for their side for those who completed the quest and maybe a lesser reward for the losing side. (Suggestion would be a token for an old twitch drop mount or cosmetic for mounts)

4. STREAMERS

- Have you watched more than one streamer?

Yes

- Did you have any issue with a streamer (do not write any names here)?

There was one that was toxic to players in game along the lines of "People who play for fun are stupid, I play to win" and other things that included vulgarities and toxic behavior better not mentioning here as it may Identify the individual. I watched for about 2 minutes and had to change to another streamer. I do recognize people play for different reasons and I don't expect people to not swear and be vulgar, but there is a limit when it ruins the entertainment. If I wanted to watch League Streamers I would go back to league

- Do you think you're more inclined to watch RoR streamers after this event?

YES! There are a few I follow on both sides, gives me a chance to learn about roles I may never paly, areas and quests I normally wouldn't find.

Swissguru

Post#76 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:35 pm

GamesBond wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:13 pm
Swissguru wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:42 am Great event. Please don't include the most difficult to reach objective in the mandatory list of tasks to get full rewards - it easily doubles the necessary SCs you need to complete if you're not stomping pugs as a premade.
Nothing is mandatory in Twitch Drops events. But what's the issue in your opinion? The 30 SCs or the 5 SC wins? Cause you have 7 days to do that quest and 30 SCs require 7.5 hours over 7 days IF every single SC you join takes 15 minutes to finish - which is unlikely to happen.
Hey!
I was referring to the weekend SC objectives. Which seem to always include objectives only possible in games you absolutely dominate - which as a pugger very easily can fail to happen for a whole weekend. It would be nice if you could balance the tasks more about perseverance than pure luck in matchmaking during the limited window. sorry for not clarifying that this is an issue with the weekend SC and the design of its quests/completion.