Recent Topics

Ads

[FEEDBACK] - 3rd Twitch Drops event

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Brickson

Re: [FEEDBACK] - 3rd Twitch Drops event

Post#11 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:56 am

1. GENERAL:

- Do you consider this event better than the 1st and the 2nd?
Didn't participate in the first two events.

- Did you notice the feedbacks and suggestions that we implemented from previous [FEEDBACK] - Twitch Drops threads?
See above

- Do you think having Twitch Drops twice or thrice per year is fair enough? Let's say on major holidays/occasions.
Twice or thrice per year sounds fine. Four times would be alright as well, I guess. More sounds a bit too much for me.

- Is there anything that you find unclear about this event, its process and rewards?
It would have been nice to see beforehand if the quests were for PVE/RvR/SC to assign them to the correct char. The combination the quests not stating where to turn them in exactly and the quest marker only becoming visible when you were pretty close to the emporer was a bit confusing. Other quests like the T4 epic quests show the quest marker no matter the distance to the npcs.
Besides that everything was pretty clear to me :)

2. REWARDS:

- Did you get all the rewards that were mentioned on the rewards list?
I got everything that I should have based on the time I've spent watching plus a ton of RNG drops. I think the only thing I didn't get were the armor pots. But I didn't watch any streams on sunday.

- Were the guaranteed rewards fair (fixed hours rewards)?
I think so, yes.

- Were the hours required for these rewards fair?
Yup

- Did the RNG rewards drop often for you?
I don't know how many hours I've watched streams, so I can't give you a number. But the drop rate felt fine to me.

- Do you prefer watching more for more hours than relying on your RNG luck? For example, you might get an RNG reward in 10 minutes or in 10 hours.
No, I like how it was handled here.

3. QUESTS

- Are the quests challenging enough?
Yes

- Are the quests' rewards fair?
Yes

- Can the quests be more competitive?
I like the currents quests, but wouldn't start screaming if they would be a bit more competetive.

4. STREAMERS

- Have you watched more than one streamer?
Yes, I think seven in total.

- Did you have any issue with a streamer (do not write any names here)?
No

- Do you think you're more inclined to watch RoR streamers after this event?
Yes
Bricksana 8X SM, Bricksona 8X WH, Bricksone 7X Engi, Bricksorno 6X RP, Bricksonor 4X SW

Ads
Amorphium

Post#12 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:59 am

1. GENERAL:

Haven't been there for the previous ones

- Did you notice the feedbacks and suggestions that we implemented from previous [FEEDBACK] - Twitch Drops threads?

Haven't been there for the previous ones

- Do you think having Twitch Drops twice or thrice per year is fair enough? Let's say on major holidays/occasions.

I think twice or thrice per year could be ok if it's combined with other special events like 2x xp/rp weekends

- Is there anything that you find unclear about this event, its process and rewards?

It would have been nice to know what the quests require before claiming them, atm my highest character is lvl 29 so I don't think I can do the quest where you need to kill bosses

2. REWARDS:

Yes

Yes

I think so

Yes

- Do you prefer watching more for more hours than relying on your RNG luck? For example, you might get an RNG reward in 10 minutes or in 10 hours.

Prefer watching for more hours

3. QUESTS

Can't say yet

Can't say yet

Can't say yet but I wouldn't make them too competitive

4. STREAMERS

- Have you watched more than one streamer?

Yes

- Did you have any issue with a streamer (do not write any names here)?

No

- Do you think you're more inclined to watch RoR streamers after this event?

Yes

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#13 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:42 am

Hadann wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:11 am I definitely felt this twitch event was better than the previous events simply because you could see the feedback given to the RoR team was taken seriously and changes were made.
The majority of the feedbacks shared in previous threads were really nice and constructive. After all, such events are made for the community and we're glad to listen to the right people. Thank you for highlighting this.

- - -
Hadann wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:11 am As a mod for wiggle's stream it was great to see Communication between streamers and gamesbond improve this time around so the streamers could pass info down to us and viewers without many issues.
This was something I missed previously and indeed, due to multiple feedbacks, including yours, a channel was made where information was pumped to these awesome streamers. It was surely a good suggestion and it made everything easier!

inrage

Post#14 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:15 am

So, I thought this event was really cool, although from beginning to end I didn't receive my aviator googles. I think it would be really cool if each event also dropped a piece of appearance from some pretty set.

triedset

Post#15 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:16 am

I didn't participate in the first 2 events. But i think this was a realy good event.
There was something for most people, and it was easy, to find out what to do, to get the different rewards.
Some of the rewards was maybe a little borring, but then again, not all rewards should be perfect. There needs to be something that are less interesting, so those that are interesting, is even more worth it.

Keep up the good work.

Tiamath

Post#16 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:19 am

Hello,
was my first event, didnt participate in 1st and 2nd. All the goodies were more than welcome and their amounts were balanced. RNG drops kind of thrilling thingie :) best thing in my opinion were those epic quests that pumped a fresh content for me to acheive. Got 3 quests which impact PVE/PVP departments so lots to do :) thank you for all this.
Next stop? The frontline ...
Tiamath - RR83 Blackguard, Khaladh of Kar Khadath Regiment.

LightSkinSmith

Post#17 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:39 am

To be honest and I’m sure I’m speaking for most whom do not care to do this but I got like 3 items after the 14hr mark and it was small minimal things such as gold etc. but I spent over 40+ hour waiting for anything else... the “RNG” didn’t seem to please most if I’m being honest. Maybe include like a system as to after a certain amount of hours I can acquire different unique items ... such as a 40+ hr mark etc. Its fun watching all weekend but not worth 30g or 20 armor pots...

Tiamath

Post#18 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:50 am

Mate if you've been in vastly populated stream then of course RNG drops will be rare. I watched less crowded but still fun folks and Im very pleased with all Ive got
Next stop? The frontline ...
Tiamath - RR83 Blackguard, Khaladh of Kar Khadath Regiment.

Ads
frippe30

Post#19 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:04 pm

Just want to say that i liked the mounts and pets sticking to the lore , really easy to **** upp a game whit pink dragons and rainbow Phoenix ... sooner or later u dont know if ur playing WAR or pokemon

Telo

Post#20 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:26 pm

1. GENERAL:

Didn't pay attention to it the first couple of times and a friend talked me into the third time
Didn't pay attention
Yes
Everything was very clear and easy to understand
2. REWARDS:

No. Oddly enough twitch shows that I won the aviator goggles but they never showed up in my list to claim
Yes
Very fair.
Yes it was a nice little surprise every once in a while
I can see it both way working for different people. Either way there were enough streams with drops enabled to cover the entire event
3. QUESTS

Even as a very casual player the quests seem reasonable to do in the timeframe
Yes
I'm sure some will say yes. As a very casual player I think they're fine where they are.