Recent Topics

Ads

[FEEDBACK] - 3rd Twitch Drops event

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
deadlinger

Re: [FEEDBACK] - 3rd Twitch Drops event

Post#31 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:48 pm

Got a lot of stuff claimed even the Goggles with my char Gormore but never got the mail with them inside

Ads
ChicagoJoe

Post#32 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:50 pm

Gurf wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:04 am Only criticism was I wish we had a description of the quests on here before sending to our character, as this time the rewards were great but I sent them to the wrong characters so didn't feel it was worth getting them done. If I had known what they were before I would have spend all weekend doing scenarios and rvr on my White Lion as he needs to crests/rewards.
+1. E.g., I don't do scenarios with some of my characters and/or pve based on class build, so it would help to shift things to the appropriate toon.

Twitch event was pretty amazing overall. I got my teenagers back interested in playing ROR with me.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

Gwendo18

Post#33 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:01 pm

madmalky2014 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:26 am Twitch event hasnt worked twice now for me it is pointless and im not alone. No rewards ever and no solutions given i will avoid the next a total waste of time.
It may be completely unrelated but I'm just going to put this out there. During the first and second Twitch Drops Events, I always got a notification on Twitch that I had a new drop. This same thing happened with this third event for the first couple of hours. After that I stopped getting any notifications, despite watching different streamers for several hours. It so happened that I was actually receiving drops which I could only view when clicking on the "link your account here" hyperlink on the forum. For some reason, all the unclaimed rewards were recorded on there despite my Twitch drops showing as zero on Twitch itself. Perhaps you want to check if you were affected, too?

In general, I enjoyed this event more than the other two and, for the first time, I watched various streamers intermittently instead of just one throughout the event. I got many rewards which totally made it worth my time, but I also got to watch some amazing fights from both sides. It was great!
Gwennorn - WP
Gwengwendok - DoK

Satius

Post#34 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:07 pm

1. GENERAL:
1.1 Do you consider this event better than the 1st and the 2nd?
-This one is absolutely better than 1st and 2nd Twitch Drops Events.
1.2. Did you notice the feedbacks and suggestions that we implemented from previous [FEEDBACK] - Twitch Drops threads?
-Yes. I see how its changed. I remember what ppls wrote after 1st event and many things have been changed based on our feedbacks.
1.3. Do you think having Twitch Drops twice or thrice per year is fair enough? Let's say on major holidays/occasions.
- I think four times per year would be enough.
1.4. Is there anything that you find unclear about this event, its process and rewards?
- No. Everything was clear enough.

2. REWARDS:
2.1. Did you get all the rewards that were mentioned on the rewards list?
- No. I did not receive aviator google... But full of other rewards.
2.2. Were the guaranteed rewards fair (fixed hours rewards)?
- Yes. I like the size of rewards and hours. A very accurate amount to enjoy watching the streamer.
2.3. Were the hours required for these rewards fair?
- Yes.
2.4. Did the RNG rewards drop often for you?
- Yes, maybe even too often. :)
2.5. Do you prefer watching more for more hours than relying on your RNG luck? For example, you might get an RNG reward in 10 minutes or in 10 hours.
- I prefer to watch more hours and have guarantee reward. Cause.. I'm not enough lucky person. =/ But the RNG is nice in addition.

3. QUESTS
3.1. Are the quests challenging enough?
- Yes.
3.2. Are the quests' rewards fair?
- Yes.
3.3. Can the quests be more competitive?
- These quests was perfect. For competitive maybe will be good to add quest like ToK unlock. (Kill 1000 unicorns. *evil laugh*) or end the list of PQs. Or It can be some items which will drop from enemy players and than you need to make something in cauldrons with them, etc.

4. STREAMERS
4.1. Have you watched more than one streamer?
- Yes. I met new good streamers.
4.2. Did you have any issue with a streamer (do not write any names here)?
- No.
4.3. Do you think you're more inclined to watch RoR streamers after this event?
- To be honest, this happened after the first event. :) But now I have more choice - it's true.

DasdeThwar

Post#35 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:25 pm

The Drop Events are outstanding and the rewards are great, but more importantly the foundation of the events and what they involve brings the community together with the streamers. Keep up the great work!

Now, I do have a personal disappointment... Both with the 2nd drop and now the 3rd drop I've gotten every item except for the Goggles. I mean, how random are these? I've watched over a dozen streamers and played countless hours both drops. Like I said, I got everything else... I'd even trade the 2 Guild Coins for the Goggles!

pterodactylarms

Post#36 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:34 pm

1. GENERAL:

- Do you consider this event better than the 1st and the 2nd?
Yes

- Did you notice the feedbacks and suggestions that we implemented from previous [FEEDBACK] - Twitch Drops threads?
Yes, most notable was the time required. Seemed like a good compromise.

- Do you think having Twitch Drops twice or thrice per year is fair enough? Let's say on major holidays/occasions.
I think a few times a year is a good number.

- Is there anything that you find unclear about this event, its process and rewards?
I think a couple of the rewards were confusing as listed:
4 Armor Potions (660 armor) - Dropped up to 10 times.
20 Armor Potions (660 armor) - Dropped a single time.
Yet the items I received were 10 armor potions several times? I didn't receive mail with 20 or 4, just mail with 10 armor potions each time.

2. REWARDS:

- Did you get all the rewards that were mentioned on the rewards list?
I watched as much as I could, but got everything except a few armor and heal pot drops.

- Were the guaranteed rewards fair (fixed hours rewards)?
I think so, yes.

- Were the hours required for these rewards fair?
Yes, much better than last time. More manageable imo.

- Did the RNG rewards drop often for you?
Friday night it did, then it really fell off. I think I only got one armor pot on Sunday.

- Do you prefer watching more for more hours than relying on your RNG luck? For example, you might get an RNG reward in 10 minutes or in 10 hours.
I think both are OK, but maybe tweak the RNG timer to be more frequent if possible?

3. QUESTS

- Are the quests challenging enough?
I wasn't able to complete the quests

- Are the quests' rewards fair?
The reward gold/items seemed fair from looking at them.

- Can the quests be more competitive?
n/a

4. STREAMERS

- Have you watched more than one streamer?
Yes.

- Did you have any issue with a streamer (do not write any names here)?
Nope.

- Do you think you're more inclined to watch RoR streamers after this event?
If I have time on breaks and whatnot, I will probably tune in.

gglanouille

Post#37 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:14 pm

1. GENERAL:

- Do you consider this event better than the 1st and the 2nd?

I loved all the 3 events

- Did you notice the feedbacks and suggestions that we implemented from previous [FEEDBACK] - Twitch Drops threads?

Yeah, I saw the elder twitch thread, adding guild coin rewards, tropical trophies, not too valuable but still useful rewards, removing the necessary to have a streamer for quests... You're doing your best to hear everyone !

- Do you think having Twitch Drops twice or thrice per year is fair enough? Let's say on major holidays/occasions.

Well I was expecting 1 even per 2 month but depend if you give huge rewards or not... less even mean more valuable rewards I guess...

- Is there anything that you find unclear about this event, its process and rewards?

No I read the links posted on Discord so I understood very well

2. REWARDS:

- Did you get all the rewards that were mentioned on the rewards list?

Nope, still need aviator googles after all those events

- Were the guaranteed rewards fair (fixed hours rewards)?

Yeah was very fine for me... Not too OP but still making you happy when you receive drops

- Were the hours required for these rewards fair?

14h is maybe not enough... (40h from previous was WAY TOO LONG ANYWAY)

- Did the RNG rewards drop often for you?

Not the googles it seems :D

- Do you prefer watching more for more hours than relying on your RNG luck? For example, you might get an RNG reward in 10 minutes or in 10 hours.

Well RNG rewards were not that incredible, except the googles, so in my opinion let it in RNG is fine for me...
Anyway, the drops every 5min on a random person of the stream is a REALLY COOL IDEA to make visibility to small Streamers

3. QUESTS

- Are the quests challenging enough?

I picked up quests but didn't played them

- Are the quests' rewards fair?

Dunno

- Can the quests be more competitive?

Dunno

4. STREAMERS

- Have you watched more than one streamer?

Yes I am following a few Streamers

- Did you have any issue with a streamer (do not write any names here)?

Sometime, I can't change the resolution, it's blocked to 1080p (and my connection dislike that) this is prob not something you can handle but... I told it...

- Do you think you're more inclined to watch RoR streamers after this event?

I got streamers during 2 first events (starting playing RoR during one of those) and enjoy a lot helping them and giving tips... event or not

sadistic

Post#38 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:54 pm

1. GENERAL:

- Do you consider this event better than the 1st and the 2nd? -- Definitely! This one felt simple and not convoluted like the previous ones

- Did you notice the feedbacks and suggestions that we implemented from previous [FEEDBACK] -- Twitch Drops threads? Yep. I participated in both

- Do you think having Twitch Drops twice or thrice per year is fair enough? Let's say on major holidays/occasions. -- I'd prefer more often (it feels like it promotes the game and gives more people an opportunity to remember the WAR they remember, even if it's slightly different than it was during live) Maybe every other month? (6x per year) but would have definitely preferred this one to run in conjunction with the Halloween event.

- Is there anything that you find unclear about this event, its process and rewards? -- Nope. Pretty straight forward. The biggest issue I saw was its hard to determine which character is tied to which claim button when you're trying to claim on the website but this morning I got a final item and it seems like you added a grid to it to make it easier to determine

2. REWARDS:

- Did you get all the rewards that were mentioned on the rewards list? -- I didn't get a couple of the RNG items. Talismans and potions but I'm not too concerned about it. I did get the goggles which I saw in various streams people were very happy when they got theirs

- Were the guaranteed rewards fair (fixed hours rewards)? -- Definitely

- Were the hours required for these rewards fair? -- Yep

- Did the RNG rewards drop often for you? -- The small bags of coins did. That's about it. I got a RNG reward of health potions during the last few hours but that was maybe 40 hours after the last reward I received. It feels like there's not enough rewards during the second and third day but I'm one of those that is on Twitch a lot so I feel it's fair for others who can only watch a couple hours every day

- Do you prefer watching more for more hours than relying on your RNG luck? For example, you might get an RNG reward in 10 minutes or in 10 hours. -- I felt the RNG was fair this time around. I wouldn't change it

3. QUESTS

- Are the quests challenging enough? -- This was the best variation. Simple and straight forward quests

- Are the quests' rewards fair? -- Yes

- Can the quests be more competitive? -- They could but I feel a lot of the community wouldn't participate if they were more difficult. I'd like to see a tiered system for rewards tied to the tier of the character the quest is claimed on. I.e. if its a new player that only has T1 characters they would need to kill one of the lair bosses or something (for the PVE quest)

4. STREAMERS

- Have you watched more than one streamer? -- I watched lots of streamers over the weekend. Zombieslicer, Toshutkidup, Kejorandpickadilly, Thebeardedvet, Fixxer, Zappytappy

- Did you have any issue with a streamer (do not write any names here)? -- None

- Do you think you're more inclined to watch RoR streamers after this event? -- I watch ROR streamers almost on a daily basis simply to support the community

Ads
Uberlix

Post#39 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:04 pm

Uberlix wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:36 pm Even got the Aviator Goggles, but i deleted the message by accident. Claimed the rewards from another message and i thought i clicked on delete the message where i got the rewarsd from.

Turns out another message was selected in the background somehow and the Googles goot yeeted into the Netherrealm haha.
It sends a confirmation before deleting the message. Have you accepted the deletion? ;_;

All good, they are there. I was just blind i guess. Look really neat on my choppa.

I edited my original response to answer the questions in the original post, since it is the least i can do to give some proper feedback.
WWWWWAAAAAGGGGGHHHH!

bpcook428

Post#40 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:48 pm

Free stuff! What's not to love?

I was curious though....
First day I got about 18 drops. Next day maybe 5 and last day maybe 1-2.

Is there a way to spread the love? Or have a base number of drops for each day vs reduced number each day?

Just a thought.