Recent Topics

Ads

[CHOPPA] GTDC replacement

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
hurycanlol

Re: [CHOPPA] GTDC replacement

Post#81 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:55 am

Dont forget slayer does not have 25% damage crit tactic, and rampage drop ur rage, it's not as op as you say ;)

Ads
hammerhead

Post#82 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:01 pm

hurycanlol wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:55 am Dont forget slayer does not have 25% damage crit tactic, and rampage drop ur rage, it's not as op as you say ;)
So you see. People wrote that they say the Slayer can regenerate AP because the ID is not channel. But the problem of lack of AP is the main problem of any Slayer, even if there is no shaman nearby. And if there is something then this is the main factor limiting the damage. Well, in general ... what can I say. People have forgotten that they have a skill that allows them to swing huge yews tirelessly.
(\|)o0(|/)

gojiragwar

Post#83 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:41 pm

This is a GTDC topic about ideas to make it more viable/useful and "equivalent" (not mirror) to Slayer.
Why are you starting to complain about Slayers? They are just super fine in good hands, so are choppas, you just have to manage rage/rampage and ID in a diffrent way.

You want to compare? Ok :
- Slayer lack of AP regeneration? But They can spam ID every 5sec under Gurdrun's Victory (25% cost reduction for 20sec) that choppas don't have (they have an auto-attack buff...wooho...). Not even mentionning Slaughter tactic ( Easy killin' for Choppas).
- Even if you have to manage rage for Rampage (a good player can easily do it), then all your attacks are undefendable for 20sec, Then wait 10sec more and you can go full Rampage again, in fact you just have a 10sec windows were you can be defended meanwhile choppas ...well... can be defended anytime.
- You talk about the crit tactic, yes, a very good one indeed. But, be honest, undefendable attacks are more efficient without this tactic than blocked/parried attacks with it. Plus, if i'm correct Fierce Might tactic, works in the same way depending on health state: less health = more critical bonus damage up to 90 or 100%

Overall, Slayer is better than Choppa, do more damage, nobody can deny that.
If you thing Choppa is OP, or deals more damage, then they aren't the problem, but you are. At equivalent gear, Slayers just nom nom Choppas.
But hey, i get it... you order and especially slayers, you don't want, you're even afraid that one day choppas become equivalent....damn... no...

Gurf

Post#84 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:59 pm

gojiragwar wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:41 pm This is a GTDC topic about ideas to make it more viable/useful and "equivalent" (not mirror) to Slayer.
Why are you starting to complain about Slayers? They are just super fine in good hands, so are choppas, you just have to manage rage/rampage and ID in a diffrent way.

You want to compare? Ok :
- Slayer lack of AP regeneration? But They can spam ID every 5sec under Gurdrun's Victory (25% cost reduction for 20sec) that choppas don't have (they have an auto-attack buff...wooho...). Not even mentionning Slaughter tactic ( Easy killin' for Choppas).
- Even if you have to manage rage for Rampage (a good player can easily do it), then all your attacks are undefendable for 20sec, Then wait 10sec more and you can go full Rampage again, in fact you just have a 10sec windows were you can be defended meanwhile choppas ...well... can be defended anytime.
- You talk about the crit tactic, yes, a very good one indeed. But, be honest, undefendable attacks are more efficient without this tactic than blocked/parried attacks with it. Plus, if i'm correct Fierce Might tactic, works in the same way depending on health state: less health = more critical bonus damage up to 90 or 100%

Overall, Slayer is better than Choppa, do more damage, nobody can deny that.
If you thing Choppa is OP, or deals more damage, then they aren't the problem, but you are. At equivalent gear, Slayers just nom nom Choppas.
But hey, i get it... you order and especially slayers, you don't want, you're even afraid that one day choppas become equivalent....damn... no...
In theory that sounds good, in reality Gurduns Warcry and then Rampage is 45ap cost, 2GCD turns with 0 damage output except autoattack, also exhausting your rage. Then rampage can be shattered.

gojiragwar

Post#85 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:08 pm

Gurf wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:59 pm In theory that sounds good, in reality Gurduns Warcry and then Rampage is 45ap cost, 2GCD turns with 0 damage output except autoattack, also exhausting your rage. Then rampage can be shattered.
Hum. Ok. So?
GTDC can be canceled too.(but 30sec CD)
And as a choppa you have many ways and reasons to exhauste your rage too, it is up to the player, not the game mechanic.

If you manage well, you throw axes, aoe a bit not full melee range to have enough rage to use Rampage, and then you cast Gurdun's Warcry before entering the fight, so you're prepared/buffed for it. Right? Again, that is a player management, a playstyle, nothing to do with mechanic, you have to adapt.
I get your point trying to defend that, but to understand more choppa/slayer thing you need to play both a minimum I guess.

hammerhead

Post#86 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:21 pm

gojiragwar wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:41 pm But hey, i get it... you order and especially slayers, you don't want, you're even afraid that one day choppas become equivalent....damn... no...
Last time, when there was the last round of diplomatic meetings on the forum, some shaman accused me of being a fan of White Lions and naturally (for him) I am out of my skin to justify them. It's good. Heard one heard all.

Yes, I have a Leo ... brrr Slayer almost 40/60 and play him sometimes.

you guys have no idea what is equivalent. When the GTDC was just introduced, I wrote something just enchantingly inflated skill. Nobody heard. After a time when the siege was introduced and the city I came to the forum and conducted something like that - after three full sets of the sovereign, I wake up in the morning and drink three gallons of Order tears. Do you want something to calmly polymize on the topic of how to make the game better or want to lower the level of diplomacy to throwing **** at the fan?
You should have, within a year, at least once get hit by a steam roller, when within 10 seconds even without being able to react somehow you lose 3/4 of the warbands. "equivalent" they want. Say thank you that who else was here and was able to dress your hordes.
(\|)o0(|/)

farng84

Post#87 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:41 pm

hammerhead wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:21 pm
gojiragwar wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:41 pm But hey, i get it... you order and especially slayers, you don't want, you're even afraid that one day choppas become equivalent....damn... no...
Last time, when there was the last round of diplomatic meetings on the forum, some shaman accused me of being a fan of White Lions and naturally (for him) I am out of my skin to justify them. It's good. Heard one heard all.

Yes, I have a Leo ... brrr Slayer almost 40/60 and play him sometimes.

you guys have no idea what is equivalent. When the GTDC was just introduced, I wrote something just enchantingly inflated skill. Nobody heard. After a time when the siege was introduced and the city I came to the forum and conducted something like that - after three full sets of the sovereign, I wake up in the morning and drink three gallons of Order tears. Do you want something to calmly polymize on the topic of how to make the game better or want to lower the level of diplomacy to throwing **** at the fan?
You should have, within a year, at least once get hit by a steam roller, when within 10 seconds even without being able to react somehow you lose 3/4 of the warbands. "equivalent" they want. Say thank you that who else was here and was able to dress your hordes.
Equivalent as per they have the same damage potential (in this case).
Slayers does more damage compared to choppas (some said about 15-20% more but not sure where the number did come from), so choppas ask to see it increased instead of lowered. That seems reasonable to me.
You talk as if it is possible to steamroll any wb by spamming gtdc (or at least as if it was for months) but that sounds a little overstated.
I had order premade led by a streamer killing my whole wb as soon as we left the gate in city. There was no competition at all, they obliterated us in seconds and for the whole city duration. I'm not here complaining about that, that's just bad luck I had to get against better and better equipped players.

Also your point is completely offtopic, the discussion should be around possible replacements for GTDC

CountTalabecland

Post#88 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:50 pm

Choppa is already the top dps in the game. Routinely, the only class that I see even come close in cities is BiS AoE White Lions.

Their damage potential is already there. Not sure why Slayer isn’t close in the fluff damage department but its not, maybe it has to do with melee ball but you would think in organized city it wouldn’t matter.

A good choppa in a competitive city tends to do around 2 million more damage than Slayer in my experience. Now, Slayer probably applies its damage more usefully with rampage but that is not the same as who puts up the biggest scoreboard.

Point being, a more efficient replacement for GTDC pull would be nice but the class itself does not need to do more damage to be viable.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Ads
inrage

Post#89 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:00 pm

I left my choppa for now, it is very bad to play with this class before ENDGAME. Now I'm playing with an SH, which is also bad but different hahaahha : :lol: :lol: :P :) :(

Orgruk

Post#90 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:08 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:50 pm Choppa is already the top dps in the game. Routinely, the only class that I see even come close in cities is BiS AoE White Lions.

Their damage potential is already there. Not sure why Slayer isn’t close in the fluff damage department but its not, maybe it has to do with melee ball but you would think in organized city it wouldn’t matter.

A good choppa in a competitive city tends to do around 2 million more damage than Slayer in my experience. Now, Slayer probably applies its damage more usefully with rampage but that is not the same as who puts up the biggest scoreboard.

Point being, a more efficient replacement for GTDC pull would be nice but the class itself does not need to do more damage to be viable.

I would say it depends on the Slayer, but long fights especially like cities isn't a good reflect of a class potential. It just shows that you correctly geared your toon in armor penetration stuff and have guard/heals. I've seen some good slayers out dps choppas in cities (at equal gameplay level) just because of bad factors like : placement, death, tank swaping guard, bad gear, etc.

Cities right now is just an instance to farm for end game gear and thus not a good way to measure up classes effectivness. Imho, shorter fights and/or open RvR should be the reference for this, but the gear and spec you gotta have there, at least as a choppa, is a different world.

Dunno if it's the same for our beloved counterpart on Orda side and can't tell it 'cause my test toons aren't that high geared ... and are just there as pure tests. :oops:
My Choppa/Slayer proposals : Better Rage > GTDC replacement > Balance