Recent Topics

Ads

Please Fix AOE

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
zij83

Please Fix AOE

Post#1 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:29 pm

I'm typing this up as I'm sitting in Eataine watching Destro siege Order, and I watch 100+ people die instantly as soon as they hit the doorstep of the keep. AOE is broken in this game, and Order has the best AOE, therefore Order is able to stop Destro at any chokepoint. This is making taking keeps and especially forts (even worse now that there are more defenders) oppressively hard as Destro. I know some people are going to shrug this post off by saying it all comes down to organization yadda yadda, but organization has nothing to do with the fact that running into a chokepoint is instadeath. If you're not going to address this can we at least get some public communication on why the RoR team thinks nothing needs to change?

Edit: No oil was not up...can't believe I have to clarify that.
Last edited by zij83 on Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Przepraszam

Re: Please Fix AOE

Post#2 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:32 pm

i like aoe :D
Billpullman Blips
Millivanilli Karvosky

Noslock

Post#3 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:32 pm

zij83 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:29 pm I'm typing this up as I'm sitting in Eataine watching Destro siege Order, and I watch 100+ people die instantly as soon as they hit the doorstep of the keep. AOE is broken in this game, and Order has the best AOE, therefore Order is able to stop Destro at any chokepoint. This is making taking keeps and especially forts (even worse now that there are more defenders) oppressively hard as Destro. I know some people are going to shrug this post off by saying it all comes down to organization yadda yadda, but organization has nothing to do with the fact that running into a chokepoint is instadeath. If you're not going to address this can we at least get some public communication on why the RoR team thinks nothing needs to change?
The 100 people you saw die are probably the ones oiled gud.And if you die by oil you deserve to be ported to ic and run back to eataine by foot.But ye aoe sucks

zij83

Post#4 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:36 pm

Noslock wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:32 pm
zij83 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:29 pm I'm typing this up as I'm sitting in Eataine watching Destro siege Order, and I watch 100+ people die instantly as soon as they hit the doorstep of the keep. AOE is broken in this game, and Order has the best AOE, therefore Order is able to stop Destro at any chokepoint. This is making taking keeps and especially forts (even worse now that there are more defenders) oppressively hard as Destro. I know some people are going to shrug this post off by saying it all comes down to organization yadda yadda, but organization has nothing to do with the fact that running into a chokepoint is instadeath. If you're not going to address this can we at least get some public communication on why the RoR team thinks nothing needs to change?
The 100 people you saw die are probably the ones oiled gud.And if you die by oil you deserve to be ported to ic and run back to eataine by foot.But ye aoe sucks
There was no oil up

morglor

Post#5 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:41 pm

Me and my 12 sw warband had a lot of fun at that keep with mass ambush drops. thanks for the RR.

Noslock

Post#6 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:44 pm

morglor wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:41 pm Me and my 12 sw warband had a lot of fun at that keep with mass ambush drops. thanks for the RR.
You are becoming the next engie.Good only in the keep on a tower and dead in the field.Exciting gameplay.You are welcome

lifeson

Post#7 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:02 pm

morglor wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:41 pm Me and my 12 sw warband had a lot of fun at that keep with mass ambush drops. thanks for the RR.
This.
Also hilarious moaning about order aoe when destro aoe melee balls are still like a combine harvester on nitro.

MonkeyHead

Post#8 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:15 pm

From my limited experience and with all my toons under 40 all i can say is what i see. When I go to a keep and its order defending, I see RDPS covering the walls melting everything bellow. All those RDPS have tanks guarding them and hold the line is on. When it is destro defending I see no one on the walls. If a Destro RDPS moves onto the balcony they are melted. I have no idea if this is a symptom or the cause but destro seems to not care for its RDPS.

Ads
Tarantoga

Post#9 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:46 pm

Noslock wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:44 pm
You are becoming the next engie.Good only in the keep on a tower and dead in the field.Exciting gameplay.You are welcome
sure... :roll:

Adelmar

Post#10 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:50 pm

Noslock wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:44 pm
Looks like someone died to SWs at a keep
Adelmar (WH) - RR8X
Audari (WE) - RR7X
Contract (SW) - RR8X