Recent Topics

Ads

Changes to Oil for keep defense

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Asderas27

Changes to Oil for keep defense

Post#1 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:51 pm

Is there anyway to make it so that oil kills dont give you any rewards like rr, exp and medallions ? The reason i am suggesting this kind of change is because rather than use oil for strategic oil pushes to kill rams or delay siege for reinforcements to arrive people just pop them when there is barely any enemies there to get few kills and the oil is just wasted. Maybe you can increase the price of oil too. I am pretty sure people on both sides get annoyed when some random pug pops the oil when there is barely anyone there. The oil kills giving kill credit for the kill quests is fine.
Any other suggestions from people will be appreciated too.
The Unlikely Plan
Ramjumper - Knight of the Blazing Sun
Shewhispers - Swordmaster
Punishingknock - Ironbreaker
TUP
Bellowabuser - Chosen
Moralepumper - Black Orc
Mindkiller - Blackguard

Ads
kinghfb

Re: Changes to Oil for keep defense

Post#2 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:40 pm

bump

most (unorganised) people seem to be popping oil early, which can easily derail an entire evening's organised work.

my only guess is that people are doing this for the big RR ticks they get for killing. So... just removing any reward for doing so means that only organised or at least people playing "in the spirit" will be using oil.

would be good to get visibilit on this
Order
Thungni - Rune Priest - RR83
Thyrus Gormann - Bright Wizard - RR79

Destruction
Kharynn Managerbane - Zealot - RR7X
Butstikka - Black Orc - RR6X
Bill - Marauder - RR3X

space44

Post#3 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:51 pm

maybe have the guilds who claims the keep spawn oil. they claim the keep its their responsibility to place down the defenses members of the guild who claims the keep gets a oil discount and only able to place the oil that has the discount on any keep that is owned by that guild . but if the keep isnt claimed by anyone the oil could cost 20 gold but it still has the issue of a free for all when placing, if the random player places the oil and gets maybe 1 or 2 kills they just wasted 20 gold
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

CountTalabecland

Post#4 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:00 pm

Agreed. The poorly timed oil pop is the worst. A cost increase or a renown rank requirement of 70 or so would be good.

I would also like it to announce who deploys oil in the chat so that they can be properly "taught" on how to strategically use it next time. Ex. "Dumb Dumb of Order has Deployed Oil at Wilhelm's Fist."
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Dabbart

Post#5 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:23 pm

Having a RR requirement for siege was input in the past for rams, and it totally **** NA time. This was a long time ago however, and the player base is significantly larger than it was.

I would just charge more per siege and make them all 1 time use again... Feel free to explain to the newbs why they should wait for oil, and not just flame them. Dealing with the humans on your realm is part of he ORvR campaign.

Adding a way for the guild claim to impact siege engines (offensive and defensive) would be cool though.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Bignusty

Post#6 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:26 pm

Maybe allow just guilds who claim the keep to use the oil to play more strategic instead of all random players using it to get at least 4 - 5 kill or nothing .

lyncher12

Post#7 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:36 pm

if oil didn't have that random idiot factor we would never see a keep taken again

Dabbart

Post#8 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:41 pm

lyncher12 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:36 pm if oil didn't have that random idiot factor we would never see a keep taken again
Same, but opposite, with Rams. The idiot factor is far more of a balancer than any class changes or population....

Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
VindicoAtrum

Post#9 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:42 pm

lyncher12 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:36 pm if oil didn't have that random idiot factor we would never see a keep taken again
Ah yeah cause moving the ram when oil goes up is so difficult.

Get rid of randoms popping oil early, idiots wasting hours of effort by guilds and org wbs to defend against larger numbers is madness. I recognise some methods aren't going to work (e.g only guild claimed can pop oil -> what if all guildies leave the zone?) but randoms wasting it has to go somehow.

Dabbart

Post#10 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:50 pm

^^^ all this vitriole. Oil popping early is a pain, but not game breaking. Someone popping ram just cause, can breakdown the timing or success of a double zone push for 30minutes or more...