Recent Topics

Ads

[FEEDBACK] Playing scenarios on weekends/events

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.

Poll: Would You rather...

Wait longer in que for SC pop and have balanced and EVEN team compositions on both sides
74%
Faster que but stomp or get stomped by premeds or by not having balanced team compositions on both sides and go AFK
26%
Total votes: 53

Robzkull

[FEEDBACK] Playing scenarios on weekends/events

Post#1 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:27 am

TL:DR Make it even on paper or no POP!

Playing RoR as solo player can be frustrating to say the least.

But playing solo while SC weekend event is on its just pure cancer.

That feeling when You KNOW You cant win and You cant do anything about it is just ..

So what You do? You do something else or log out ...

Or You get Your own group going and stomp other people which for most people is even more boring ... at least after few rounds ...

Most premades and all pugs hate that state. So make it even ... at least on paper.

Problems:

1) Premades play vs pugs

Solution: PREMADE ONLY QUE
Groups of 3+ more ppl can que up ONLY in PREMADE SC QUE where they face ONLY other PREMADES.
Give better rewards for that.

2) Not balanced teams - 0 healers vs 4, no tanks vs tanks, dps vs no dps ect - happens on BOTH sides

Solution: PUG ONLY QUE - Pug vs pug with balanced teams or no sc pop
Just like in solo ranked. I know 100000 dps engies/sw/dps healers ll cry cuz they dont get a pop but thats how it should be rather then wasting time on being stomped...
Standard rewards.

3) Not even teams - 5vs6 8vs6 ... ect

Solution: Even player count on start or close SC. If its half-time in sc number doesnt matter and SC should continue to prevent griefing.
I know it sux. But it sux more to lose like that cuz there is 2 more of them then you ....

Arguments people often use:

People say we dont have pop for that.
Question is do we want to play for 1 min stomp or get stomped then go afk. Cuz they physicly cant win cuz they dont have healers/tanks/ are not on discord? Is that FUN?
Can we afford to lose our current pop due to this?

Get a group argument
Its a good argument and although i dont like FORCING premade to every piece of content its solid argument. Problem is if you get 1/1/1 group and u face 2/2/2 group u still cant do much and you not enjoying ur time. So You get 2/2/2 group but then You face 2 x 2/2/2 gorups and You pugs are all dps AM and SW ... so again make it EVEN at least on paper...

Correct me if im wrong but I would argue most people rather wait longer and have nice pvp or not play at all then stomp or get stomped within first 2 mins and go AFK for 10 mins....
Last edited by Robzkull on Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ads
Sinisterror

Re: [FEEDBACK] Playing scenarios on weekends/events

Post#2 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:43 am

Que times have been pretty bad for soloing both sides. Scenario's should give rp/drops for solo kills so if your team is losing with no chances you can get very nice rp if you get alot of solo kills, live situations like that with dps wp 100-500 lost and still got most renown in whole scenario. Scs give pretty bad rr compared to rvr, maybe 25 % perma increase on renown gain in scs ?

Maybe start giving extra career point from renown rank 35 up to 75 instead of 40-70 so you would have 30 career points when you are rr 75. This way we can get rid off the +2 bonus on war/sove/altsove because it is unbeliavably op on some classes and doesnt benefit anything on most. Also bring back +2 on low level gear, ruin anni merce etc. These both would help alot of lowbies because extra point earlier + 2 from gear if chosen so more complete specs can be played earlier, i dont understand why it was ever nerfed and then given only to already rr 70+ who dont need and just causes problems. Giving copy paste end game set bonus'es instead of unique espesially when there is 3 same level sets, its good there is gear to choose but more variety is needed.

For example ap /avoidance/ rf/se procs should be 4 piece rewards and something like ; 10% chance on hit to gain ap/ on heal to gain rf/se on case of wp/dok On But wp/dok offensive set 4 piecebonus should be like 15 % AA haste + AA dmg + AA armour pene all in same bonus. 6 Piece bonus something like 10% on hit to steal targets 400 armour and 125 spirit resis these would stack with armour/spirit pot. 7 Piece would be 10 % chance on hit to get 8 % melee crit 16% critical dmg for 10 seconds.

Point is those are just different and can for example 2handers really should all up from t4 epics get 2 procs because obvious reasons. dual use is more dmg and more everything and giving slayer/bw like killers extra % dmg bonuses is really not needed and Pilfer / absorb procs would make more sense on classes who alrdy have 50 % more dmg just being or 100 % more critical dmg just doing damage. Also The amount of 2h dmg black orc can do is really good in right tactics/gear while having very good defenses. Add taunt and magus dot on top of that and that gives 45% dmg more = close to permanent+ 85 % dmg +110% AA dmg AND +40% CRITICAL DMG : D Im just ranting about different issues in my head regarding war this point and have no idea what was this thread even about.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Robzkull

Post#3 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:58 am

Que times have been pretty bad for soloing both sides. Scenario's should give rp/drops for solo kills so if your team is losing with no chances you can get very nice rp if you get alot of solo kills, live situations like that with dps wp 100-500 lost and still got most renown in whole scenario. Scs give pretty bad rr compared to rvr, maybe 25 % perma increase on renown gain in scs ?
Increase of XP/RP rewards for losing thats the whole different topic.

Problem i see in what You suggestet is ... when You get stomped You usualy cant do anything ... no kills, no pve objectives ect

It like with AAO ....on paper very good but usualy what happens You dont even get those kills cuz of zerg ...

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#4 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:19 pm

only 2 possible answers....also answers made for ppl just vote the option you want clearly...what a pointless poll

Melekith

Post#5 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:25 pm

Spoiler:
Robzkull wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:27 am TL:DR Make it even on paper or no POP!

That feeling when You KNOW You cant win and You cant do anything about it is just ..

Or You get Your own group going and stomp other people which for most people is even more boring ... at least after few rounds ...

Most premades and all pugs hate that state. So make it even ... at least on paper.

Problems:

1) Premades play vs pugs

Groups of 3+ more ppl can que up ONLY in PREMADE SC QUE where they face ONLY other PREMADES.

2) Not balanced teams - 0 healers vs 4, no tanks vs tanks, dps vs no dps ect - happens on BOTH sides

Just like in solo ranked. I know 100000 dps engies/sw/dps healers ll cry cuz they dont get a pop but thats how it should be rather then wasting time on being stomped...
Standard rewards.

Solution: Even player count on start or close SC. If its half-time in sc number doesnt matter and SC should continue to prevent griefing.
I know it sux. But it sux more to lose like that cuz there is 2 more of them then you ....

Question is do we want to play for 1 min stomp or get stomped then go afk. Cuz they physicly cant win cuz they dont have healers/tanks/ are not on discord? Is that FUN?

Get a group argument
Its a good argument and although i dont like FORCING premade to every piece of content its solid argument. Problem is if you get 1/1/1 group and u face 2/2/2 group u still cant do much and you not enjoying ur time. So You get 2/2/2 group but then You face 2 x 2/2/2 gorups and You pugs are all dps AM and SW ... so again make it EVEN at least on paper...

Correct me if im wrong but I would argue most people rather wait longer and have nice pvp or not play at all then stomp or get stomped within first 2 mins and go AFK for 10 mins....
Get a team. Enjoy the game!
Soloplay=Fun
Teamplay=More Fun
No friends=Bad
Some friends=Good

Lyability

Post#6 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:42 pm

Melekith wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:25 pm
Spoiler:
Robzkull wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:27 am TL:DR Make it even on paper or no POP!

Problems:

1) Premades play vs pugs

Standard rewards.

Get a group argument

Get a team. Enjoy the game!
Soloplay=Fun
Teamplay=More Fun
No friends=Bad
Some friends=Good
Good thing joining a scenario automatically puts us in a team! Sounds like a great way to make friends too!

PlagueMonk

Post#7 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:22 pm

As someone who posted feedback about this issue after last weekend, I wish the poll had a middle ground option where there was some balance but not completely even. I say this because I agree that waiting for 100% parity will make the scenarios pop much more slowly.

I say as long as there is 1 healer in each party, 1 tank and DPS, let the scenario pop.

I do think however scenarios should also move forward even without this rough balance but for everything missing from the base equation, that side should be awarded 1 more emblem, so you don't spend 10 mins just to get a single one. In my thread I made it as simple as healers........any healer less than 2 would award the group +1 (unless the other side is also missing healers) as long as they stuck around till the defeat but this equation could be made more complex to account for other variables like no tanks, no MDPS etc. I wouldn't want to write that piece of code but it's not impossible.

Koha

Post#8 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:41 pm

Would be nice.
(Nascar maps could stay as they are, running to flags is ok with whatever comp)
Average time could be shown for each archetype (tank/dps/heal) and rewards given to the lacking archetype (like in Overwatch) => population would be encouraged towards equilibrium => queue time will tend to decrease...

it could be a virtuous circle
MA Kirth BG Melnibone SH Kikass
WH Merci SM Kohagen SL Koagul

Ads
pookie

Post#9 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:06 pm

having player pool from level 16 to 39 is very silly, pop or not it is asking for steamroll sessions, playing vs premades on t1 is less cancerous cos of that

VindicoAtrum

Post#10 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:11 pm

This one bugs the everliving **** out of me. If there isn't an even number stop the countdown to the scenario starting. So many scenarios where being 1 or 2 down = instant disadvantage (and in some, loss) on the first objective.