Recent Topics

Ads

Patch note clarity

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Seravajan

Re: Patch note clarity

Post#21 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:31 am

LordEpee wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:14 pm It is hard to engage in feedback on patch notes as what is done is not very clear, and neither is the reasoning behind the changes, for example:
- All Engineer turrets now get base stats of the engineer (with no equipment). This mirrors what magus daemons already had.

It is unclear if this is an increase or a decrease to stats. How impactful is it in terms of their bulk? their damage output? maybe their resistance to ranged vs melee vs magic damage?

Why was the decision made to increase or decrease the engineer turrets to the magus daemons and not change the magus daemons to the engineer turrets?
I do agree with the OP about this. For me being quite new on this server playing an engineer as the main character it was quite confusing to me if that is now really a buff or a nerf.

Ads
dalen
Developer

Post#22 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:56 pm

LordEpee wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:14 pm It is hard to engage in feedback on patch notes as what is done is not very clear, and neither is the reasoning behind the changes, for example:
- All Engineer turrets now get base stats of the engineer (with no equipment). This mirrors what magus daemons already had.

It is unclear if this is an increase or a decrease to stats. How impactful is it in terms of their bulk? their damage output? maybe their resistance to ranged vs melee vs magic damage?

Why was the decision made to increase or decrease the engineer turrets to the magus daemons and not change the magus daemons to the engineer turrets?
Before patch turrets got the stats from items that is says on tooltips, for example gun turrets get 75% of BS & WS, and 50% of wounds.

After the patch it gets the same stats from items, but also the base stats of a naked engineer (of same level as your level).

And this was something the magus daemons already had, but now engineers get the same.
Source Developer

Starx

Post#23 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:31 pm

GamesBond wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:24 pm
Now I personally believe that adding a reason for each change/implementation will just cause drama.

It will only cause drama if the reason stated is universally disagreed with by the majority of players. It may come as some surprise around here but if you make a good change and have a valid reason for doing so, you will have many more players in the comments defending that decision or at least enough that it doesn't seem like you are only being drowned out in negativity.

Not stating why changes are made makes the team come off as if they dont give a **** about the community, or they dont have any idea what they are doing or want. And honestly it feels like that's the case.

About the comments above, this is an MMO, the devs need the players for the game to function and people can cover for the them saying its a volunteer project and free etc... but this is the ONLY option for people who love this game to play it again. Players are giving the devs their time, feedback on forums, advertising the server either by mouth, forums, the work all the streamers do. Many people would love to donate to the project. But when people just shutdown conversations because its a free game, it's just played out and kinda lame at this point.

Uchoo

Post#24 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:49 pm

dalen wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:56 pm

Before patch turrets got the stats from items that is says on tooltips, for example gun turrets get 75% of BS & WS, and 50% of wounds.

After the patch it gets the same stats from items, but also the base stats of a naked engineer (of same level as your level).

And this was something the magus daemons already had, but now engineers get the same.
Thank you for this Dalen, not even I understood what that change meant.
"They're gonna die if we kill them" - Klev on strategy

RoR Memes
https://www.youtube.com/@UchooGaming
Check out my Twitter, I talk about RoR & Games
https://twitter.com/UchooGaming
The RoR Guide
https://shorturl.at/ouGH8

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#25 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:53 pm

Starx wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:31 pm
GamesBond wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:24 pm
Now I personally believe that adding a reason for each change/implementation will just cause drama.

It will only cause drama if the reason stated is universally disagreed with by the majority of players. It may come as some surprise around here but if you make a good change and have a valid reason for doing so, you will have many more players in the comments defending that decision or at least enough that it doesn't seem like you are only being drowned out in negativity.

Not stating why changes are made makes the team come off as if they dont give a **** about the community, or they dont have any idea what they are doing or want. And honestly it feels like that's the case.

About the comments above, this is an MMO, the devs need the players for the game to function and people can cover for the them saying its a volunteer project and free etc... but this is the ONLY option for people who love this game to play it again. Players are giving the devs their time, feedback on forums, advertising the server either by mouth, forums, the work all the streamers do. Many people would love to donate to the project. But when people just shutdown conversations because its a free game, it's just played out and kinda lame at this point.
-

I'll reply to your thoughts since you chose to quote one sentence out of the 2 posts that I wrote, but please let's not extend this topic anymore. Feel free to reach out to me on Discord.

We're not a commercial entity, the project's development is not based entirely on a 'customer' (aka player) feedback system. We are all testers here, the project is in alpha state and disagreement with the team's visions is normal, expected, but not a priority. The priority, as stated in the ToU, is to always progress in the development of this project, mainly in the way the team sees fit.

The above surely does not mean that we don't care about the community, and basing such thoughts solely on this patch is utterly unfair and an immature thought. If you consider your time here wasted, as in you're "giving the devs their time, feedback on forums, advertising the server either by mouth, forums, the work all the streamers do" then the decision to leave or stay is always yours, we are surely in favor of your stay, but not under your terms.

Registering and playing on Return of Reckoning is agreeing to the way we see and shape the game, it's agreeing that you will abide by the terms you've read and understood and it's also agreeing that we favor the project first and the player experience second.

-

I believe that we gave enough reasoning to all of the replies here. We shared the way we manage the game, team and community. And I promised to put this subject on the table so that team leaders could discuss it.

Let's move on and enjoy the game, thank you for all your feedbacks, they have been well received.