Recent Topics

Ads

Pouncing and Bouncing

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Rasenmeister

Re: Pouncing and Bouncing

Post#11 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:49 am

Foltestik wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:49 am give pounce / bounce at least 1 dmg i need it to dismount running people :)
+++++++
FMJ
Tristarix/Urgolf/Rakamaka/Shaefer
Tristasha/Gunthane

Ads
Lithenir

Post#12 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:58 am

Foltestik wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:49 am give pounce / bounce at least 1 dmg i need it to dismount running people :)
Ever thought about axe toss? ;)

xanderous

Post#13 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:03 pm

All this tells me is that too many folk playing msh/WL are relying too much on pounce to kill squishies when they should up their game when it comes to doing a proper rotation. While i agree that MSH get the bad end of the stick, my engie is not sympathetic to it as you could essentially spam leap and kill the majority of squishies fleeing without actually really engaging. This does give certain classes an advantage though like shammies/RSH vs WL(no pet) or AM vs MSH but amusingly so MSH rarely did well verses AM at least when it came to 1v1 even in the past anyway, only mentioning that as it to which i assume 1v1 is at the core of a lot of why people are mad about the changes.

TLDR: leap and pounce was being relied on probably too much without using a proper rotation to fight, this is my best guess as to why they made this change.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

Gurf

Post#14 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:50 pm

I don't know about MSH but I don't know of any WL who would use Pounce except right at the start, it's not like they pounce on someone who is standing right next to you

Foltestik

Post#15 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:36 am

Lithenir wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:58 am
mSH ...

Bregon

Post#16 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:07 am

I don't post much but if the rationale for nerfing pounce was due to pet damage being buffed then surely keeping the damage on any kind of loner setup would be perfectly sensible, not much keeping the green plague of shammies and rsh in check now.

Lithenir

Post#17 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:29 am

Foltestik wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:36 am
Lithenir wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:58 am
mSH ...
I admit I don't know much about mSH but I still remember the class has a bow... Therefore you could dismount running people with your bow, transform into your running testicle form and bounce at them...
I also admit that this means mSH needs to push more then 3 buttons.... Don't know if this is too much for most mSH players

Foltestik

Post#18 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:35 am

yeeh becouse thats the easy and fastest way to dismount sameone (and squig armor have 10s CD), maybee i can take balista with me that will be better solution ... :D

Ads