Recent Topics

Ads

Knights and Chosen, two peas in a pod

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
LieutenantKrunch

Knights and Chosen, two peas in a pod

Post#1 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:35 pm

This post is intended to give a bit of insight for those unfamiliar with either classes and maybe voice an opinion fellow players share in regards to the patch.

I used DW with a SnB build that I set pieces aside specifically for when I wanted to just roam/solo and had my separate tactics and gear for when I had to be a mindless AuraGuard. I never used this build while sieging/defending a keep or fortress, never for city or ranked gameplay, this was wholly just something to do in oRvR besides guarding DPS that think running into a massive blob of <Insert Faction> was a great idea. I understand that the damage increase from it was pretty significant, but there was a noticeable cost in the form of the 20% heal reduction and I'm sure that Knights' 15% damage taken increase was felt while playing as well. With these debuffs you couldn't just run in willy nilly and expect to be an invincible damage machine. You had to be very aware of those debuffs and plan accordingly, when to advance and when to retreat. These tactics gave an option besides the same cookie cutter Deftard and AoE stagger build that every Knight/Chosen is demanded to play.

I know that this hit Knights way harder than it did Chosen. MS having a 15% dmg taken increase was certainly a heftier price that was required for 2h Knights to actually deal some damage, but for those that thought Chosen did too much damage before the patch you'll probably still think they do too much damage after the patch. The only real thing that sets these two classes apart is KotBS is tankier and has more group utility, while Chosen does more DMG via spirit. Once viable for SnB with DW but is now once again through the -HIGHLY- invigorating ravage spam, which is less than what most seem to think.

For me at least it never felt like I was this horrific monster roaming the lakes, decimating everything in my path. It felt like I was a pond turtle getting kicked around a bit before whoever was trying to kill me got bored and wandered off, then with DW I was a snapping turtle that could make you crap your pants a bit and force you to think a little before trying to kick me. I dunno, guess what I'm trying to get at is it made it so the classes had a little bit of menace about it rather than just a walking BuffGuard. Guess it's back to bunny hopping across the field with ravage spam a bit before switching to back to another tank.

Devs thank you for all the hard work you put into the game, please take this post and similar posts under consideration for Knights and Chosen gameplay as a whole. Both classes are pointed to a build that really isn't all that great and sure as hell isn't fun to play. I know there were thoughts floating around of having active auras and similar abilities. How about changing career auras into active abilities with an increased effect and respective CD. What about a reworked MS/DW ability or even morale with similar buffs/debuffs on a reasonable cooldown so that us users can have a few moments to think about the times we made players crap themselves a bit and think about how they're going to handle what they thought to be a turtle with no bite. If you play Knight or Chosen and want to see changes to at least your class please voice your opinions on the forums and discuss the differences between the two so we can see some meaningful development.

Ads
MoltenCoreMoshpit

Re: Knights and Chosen, two peas in a pod

Post#2 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:37 pm

I find chosen fun

LieutenantKrunch

Post#3 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:48 pm

They are fun, why I still play mine, but I've seen a good number of posts in regards to giving a bit more options for Knights and Chosen. I get that they're supposed to be the straight forward hop in and play tank but I don't think a bit more to work with would hurt the class.

Tarantoga

Post#4 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:21 pm

MoltenCoreMoshpit wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:37 pm I find chosen fun
thats because you didnt really get nerfed

MoltenCoreMoshpit

Post#5 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:40 pm

Tarantoga wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:21 pm
MoltenCoreMoshpit wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:37 pm I find chosen fun
thats because you didnt really get nerfed
I've never once used the tactic, but thanks for guessing. I don't use a 2 hander

phononHYPE

Post#6 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:56 pm

I find shield knight fun too.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative