Recent Topics

Ads

[Buff Suggestion] Some ideas to improve the quality of IB's in larger scale content.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Onigokko0101

Re: [Buff Suggestion] Some ideas to improve the quality of IB's in larger scale content.

Post#71 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:19 pm

oaliaen wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:55 pm You guys know that if they're going to buff IB , they have to buff their Destro mirror class too right ?
I mean thats fine, tbh IB and BG both have the same issue and thats a lack of good group utlity. BO/SM/Chosen/KotBS all bring good group buffs and utility which is why people want them so much more.
Khrylashe - Zealot
Devarien - Blackguard
Bigdisc- Magus
Aendael - Warrior Priest
Nusku- Bright Wizard

Ads
Fey

Re: [Buff Suggestion] Some ideas to improve the quality of IB's in larger scale content.

Post#72 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:49 pm

I think a list of the IB changes thus far would be helpful for this discussion. An additional list of the BG changes for comparison would be even better.

Any forum try-hards here who can compile such a list? I think it would clarify the devs approach to this particular class balance. IB/BG shines in small-scale and I have a hunch that's what they're aiming for.

Of course end-game content is WB heavy, but there are plenty of small-scale fights. Does every class now need a spec tree designed for aoe/WB play? Maybe this would be for the best; I honestly don't know.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

ashton007

Post#73 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:13 am

Definitely need to have rising anger passive and not a tactic slot imo.

teiloh

Post#74 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:28 pm

IB is quite good and worth a slot, especially if they're good players and focus on a few MVPs. Improvements could be made to thematic fit for abilities and fun factor, though.

Dageca

Post#75 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:02 pm

here is a good discussion we had a coupe of months ago viewtopic.php?f=74&t=38077
Brenand, Engineer - Bilkhir, IronBreaker - Oligir, Slayer 6x

Ysaran

Post#76 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:34 am

teiloh wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:28 pm Improvements could be made to thematic fit for abilities and fun factor, though.
Can you make some examples? I would like to hear more about this idea
Zputadenti

teiloh

Post#77 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:26 pm

Ysaran wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:34 am
teiloh wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:28 pm Improvements could be made to thematic fit for abilities and fun factor, though.
Can you make some examples? I would like to hear more about this idea
Hm well, Cave-In used to be a 5s KD for example. Maybe 4s at high grudge could be a good compromise, considering Destro has more and better KDs all around. The original argument for nerfing Cave-In decades ago was that it was the longest lasting KD, but that's not true anymore. Maybe the %armor debuff could also be boosted by a small amount depending on performance.

As for fun factor I just want to see Ironbreakers be launched like cannonballs.

Aethilmar

Post#78 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:44 am

Make "Cave Win" great again. :)

Seriously, that seems reasonable.

Ads
kmark101

Post#79 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:41 am

Make Grudge Born Fury grudge levels increase armor penetration instead of crit chance, by the same amount as of the crit chance increases now.

There are 5-6 other threads from the last 12 months with lots of amazing suggestions, ideas, some fun/lore friendly change suggestions, some pure number cosmetics, some mechanic tweaks. Hopefully one day some of them could be implemented.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker