Recent Topics

Ads

PvE gearing feedback (ch22 bb/be BS GB)

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
BulletTea2

PvE gearing feedback (ch22 bb/be BS GB)

Post#1 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:47 pm

PvE progression takes a bit too long in a PvP focused game. Gunbad felt fine, 3 runs with 3 days lockout is quickly done however after that you need to do 4 runs bb/be for the greater ward with a longer lockout, also 4 runs of infl to get the first reward (and then even more for jewelry since its the elite reward), then again 4 runs BS for the full BL set not including cloak with even longer lockout than bb/be.
Two friends I started out with and myself got BS set and 1. influence rewards from BS (2 runs) before acquiring greater ward from Sentinel set so we could'nt even equip it.
Would be cool if the lockouts could be reduced for BS/BB/BE by a day and or the quests needing 3 runs for the full set like GB instead of 4.

Last but not least some classes, like WH/WE BW/Sorc, benefit a lot from ch22 rewards but they are insanly hard to acquire. The only times I saw someone advertise for ch22 runs was either people trolling their friends alá "ch22 group last spot left! pm @insertfriendsname for inv" or once every week or so there is a post in the PvE discord for ch22 but I am never online for those.
Maybe tune down the difficulty of ch22 to bb/be level so a decently geared group can 6 man ch22 and/or make the gear purchaseable with coins so you don't need one of the two goldbags to get a piece of onslaught or can grind it out with coins from other PQs.

A minor inconsistency in gearing is Conqueror Medaillons trade into Officer's Medaillons at rr40, aswell as Vanquisher into Conquerer Medaillons, but the equivalent of now called Dominator Emblems from SCs trade into Officer's Emblems at 34, Opressor into Dominator at 40.
Would be cool if Conquerer Medaillons traded into Officer Medaillons at rr34 too.

Ads
Grunbag
Former Staff

Re: PvE gearing feedback (ch22 bb/be BS GB)

Post#2 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:53 pm

On live you had wards from pvp gear but you had no loot guaranteed for the career present (for exemple you could have gear drop for Squig even if there were no squig player in your group) , it means you could wait tons of run before being full gear.

In ror , we choose to make it drop for the career present and have guaranteed full set after x runs . I think it’s a fair trade
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Manatikik

Post#3 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:58 pm

They just made it easier to get Sentinel jewel so this post is kind of a joke. Join a guild and get a semi-static group and it’s very easy.

CH 22 is insanely easy to get if you’re just willing to hunker down for a few hour session and just rotate through them.

This is a classic case of I don’t want to put in the effort to form groups I just want someone to handhold me through the content.
<Montague><Capulet>

phononHYPE

Post#4 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:00 pm

And some of that stuff is BiS for many, like the BB+BE reward 3 (ring). It took me about 6-7 months to finish BS influence (small guild/alliance and dps + odd hours). With Sov cloaks at your choice of 70 (warlord) or 75, you'll have those long before BS cloak so don't even worry about that unless you're a collector - get back to da lakes!
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Zxul

Post#5 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:22 pm

Pve wise, problem is ch22- unless you are member of a few alliances which run them, you won't get a wb doing those.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

BulletTea2

Post#6 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:31 pm

Manatikik wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:58 pm They just made it easier to get Sentinel jewel so this post is kind of a joke. Join a guild and get a semi-static group and it’s very easy.

CH 22 is insanely easy to get if you’re just willing to hunker down for a few hour session and just rotate through them.

This is a classic case of I don’t want to put in the effort to form groups I just want someone to handhold me through the content.
Never said bb/be BS or GB is hard. They are super easy and with my current group BS takes around one hour. I just don't like the lockout being 5 days or 4 incase of bb/be since thats super arbitrary and keeps you out off being competitive in classes that require off spec gear for SCs like tanks.

Some people dont want to join giant guilds / alliances for ch22 and the likes, if anything thats how you get carried through content. Claiming it is "insanely easy" is not really true since finding a group is the hardest part as it requires so many people, im also not calling for content to be handheld, ch22 could be made even harder but just adjust it to smaller groups so you do it with 6 and don't need 12 or 24 for the speed.

Oglaf
Suspended

Post#7 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:09 pm

I think the problem with Onslaught (or whatever the set is called) is visibility.

I didn't know it existed for the longest time.

Like, there are no vendors or anything for it. It's existence is almost like an easter egg?