Recent Topics

Ads

[Suggestion] how to fix a broken system

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
LukeTyler25

[Suggestion] how to fix a broken system

Post#1 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:17 pm

Could it be possible to set the scenarios so that if the population is not balanced it doesn't fire off?
I had runs on both sides where one of the 2 sides only had one healer, this makes the mode unplayable and takes away all the fun that scenarios can bring.
just a suggestion (i have to be hones it caused me plenty of ragequits... sitting in the q for 7+minutes just to be matched into an unplayable match)

edit: just to reply in advance to the people that will say "just make a premade lol" most of the times premades cannot be done due to people not replying or just not interested in doing so.
also made this post since the q&a one was already locked and couldn't submit my question there

Ads
GamesBond
Former Staff

Re: [Suggestion] how to fix a broken system

Post#2 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:36 am

The queue system is far more complicated than a one line suggestion, devs need to account for many factors that either trigger or hold the queue from popping, these factors drastically increase waiting times and include many " If X, than Y " rules.

The issue is way better resolved if players play more healers in scenarios.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#3 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:40 am

LukeTyler25 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:17 pm Could it be possible to set the scenarios so that if the population is not balanced it doesn't fire off?
I had runs on both sides where one of the 2 sides only had one healer, this makes the mode unplayable and takes away all the fun that scenarios can bring.
just a suggestion (i have to be hones it caused me plenty of ragequits... sitting in the q for 7+minutes just to be matched into an unplayable match)

edit: just to reply in advance to the people that will say "just make a premade lol" most of the times premades cannot be done due to people not replying or just not interested in doing so.
also made this post since the q&a one was already locked and couldn't submit my question there
Oh this post again.....

ppl want healers but refuse to play them...just play a healer yourself and be part of the solution..

BelligerentBob

Post#4 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:45 am

GamesBond wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:36 am The queue system is far more complicated than a one line suggestion, devs need to account for many factors that either trigger or hold the queue from popping, these factors drastically increase waiting times and include many " If X, than Y " rules.

Feels like scenario queues broke somehow after 2X Weekend. Queue times were fine before, but now they're taking almost 30 minutes solo queued on a healer, and up to an hour on a DPS in T4. Not only that but almost all scenarios I get are Reikland Factory.

Its not all bad news though, there is a period for me at least, where scenarios pop frequently once the European players start giving up on oRvR.
[Hemingway Daiquiri(s)]

agemennon675

Post#5 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:59 pm

No thanks, I want to be able to play scenarios
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

LukeTyler25

Post#6 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:26 pm

emiliorv wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:40 am
LukeTyler25 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:17 pm Could it be possible to set the scenarios so that if the population is not balanced it doesn't fire off?

Oh this post again.....

ppl want healers but refuse to play them...just play a healer yourself and be part of the solution..
But I do play Healer my main is a salvation WP :)

LukeTyler25

Post#7 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:31 pm

GamesBond wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:36 am The queue system is far more complicated than a one line suggestion, devs need to account for many factors that either trigger or hold the queue from popping, these factors drastically increase waiting times and include many " If X, than Y " rules.

Thanks for your reply, really appreciated, and thank you for reading my question, I just wanted to pitch in the idea that was already implemented in other games, I understand that it can be complicated but might be something to take into consideration for the future
(please don't read it as a cry for help, it was intended as a general suggestion and quality of life improvement, it it ends up breaking the game i'd rather not have it)

Ysaran

Post#8 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:32 pm

There was balanced matchmaking one year ago (more or less...). Ppl asked to remove it cuz SCs were taking a life to start
Zputadenti

Ads
Oglaf
Suspended

Post#9 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:29 am

This.

Destro needs to get over their severe cases of Healerophobia and DPSHealeritis and maybe we can start winning some scenarios once in a blue moon.

Hardkoar
Suspended

Post#10 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:32 am

A copy paste from the current World of warcraft and many other mmorpgs would be a solution.

Upon signign up for a scenario you choose your job : Dps/Heal/Tank. An AM wearing intel based gear cannot sign up as healer, and viceversa one with WP based gear. Once you sign up you cannot flip your gear around until u either stop the scenario Queue or after you play it and come out.
This would ensure a much much more balanced experience and it would also fix the Pug/Premade making the disparity based on coms rather than class composition.