Recent Topics

Ads

[Suggestion] how to fix a broken system

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
User avatar
GamesBond
Communications
Posts: 434

Re: [Suggestion] how to fix a broken system

Post#11 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:41 am

Hardkoar wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:32 am
GamesBond wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:36 am
The queue system is far more complicated than a one line suggestion, devs need to account for many factors that either trigger or hold the queue from popping, these factors drastically increase waiting times and include many " If X, than Y " rules.

The issue is way better resolved if players play more healers in scenarios.
A copy paste from the current World of warcraft and many other mmorpgs would be a solution.

Upon signign up for a scenario you choose your job : Dps/Heal/Tank. An AM wearing intel based gear cannot sign up as healer, and viceversa one with WP based gear. Once you sign up you cannot flip your gear around until u either stop the scenario Queue or after you play it and come out.
This would ensure a much much more balanced experience and it would also fix the Pug/Premade making the disparity based on coms rather than class composition.
That's not the issue, ranked system's 2-2-2 is similar to what you mentioned and without manually picking your role, the game detects it based on class and gear.

The issue is that the queues would increase by a lot, it won't be worth it. Again, if your faction lacks healers, you will have a bad time in SCs, RvR, Forts and Cities. Players must understand that they lead and decide the outcome of their factions.
For feedback, suggestions or cooperation with the project, please contact me:

Discord: GamesBond#2976 | Email: [email protected]


Twitch Drops information

RoR media platforms:
Discord|Facebook|Twitter

Ads
emiliorv
Posts: 684

Re: [Suggestion] how to fix a broken system

Post#12 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:43 am

Hardkoar wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:32 am
GamesBond wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:36 am
The queue system is far more complicated than a one line suggestion, devs need to account for many factors that either trigger or hold the queue from popping, these factors drastically increase waiting times and include many " If X, than Y " rules.

The issue is way better resolved if players play more healers in scenarios.
A copy paste from the current World of warcraft and many other mmorpgs would be a solution.

Upon signign up for a scenario you choose your job : Dps/Heal/Tank. An AM wearing intel based gear cannot sign up as healer, and viceversa one with WP based gear. Once you sign up you cannot flip your gear around until u either stop the scenario Queue or after you play it and come out.
This would ensure a much much more balanced experience and it would also fix the Pug/Premade making the disparity based on coms rather than class composition.
AGAIN this => sc matchmaking can be tweaked to make teams more balanced => more balance = higher queue time = less SC pop. Was done in the past, and the change was reverted because ppl wanted more sc pops.

was said several times, if you want a balance team make one yourself...its not too hard, and much better than be farmed by premades.....stop to play alone in a MMO

Hardkoar
Posts: 209

Re: [Suggestion] how to fix a broken system

Post#13 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:22 am

emiliorv wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:43 am
Hardkoar wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:32 am
GamesBond wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:36 am
The queue system is far more complicated than a one line suggestion, devs need to account for many factors that either trigger or hold the queue from popping, these factors drastically increase waiting times and include many " If X, than Y " rules.

The issue is way better resolved if players play more healers in scenarios.
A copy paste from the current World of warcraft and many other mmorpgs would be a solution.

Upon signign up for a scenario you choose your job : Dps/Heal/Tank. An AM wearing intel based gear cannot sign up as healer, and viceversa one with WP based gear. Once you sign up you cannot flip your gear around until u either stop the scenario Queue or after you play it and come out.
This would ensure a much much more balanced experience and it would also fix the Pug/Premade making the disparity based on coms rather than class composition.
AGAIN this => sc matchmaking can be tweaked to make teams more balanced => more balance = higher queue time = less SC pop. Was done in the past, and the change was reverted because ppl wanted more sc pops.

was said several times, if you want a balance team make one yourself...its not too hard, and much better than be farmed by premades.....stop to play alone in a MMO
How about YOU stop telling people how to play THEIR game with THEIR free time instead?
We are trying to find solutions here to relevant issues, you can keep on farming pugs if that's all you are good for.
If the SC time is longer it is obviously a population issue, the timer is fine during prime time and that's when the vast majority of the population plays and would appreciate a better experience in Scenarios.
Try to come up with a possible solution next time you decide to waste everyone's time with your presence instead of telling them how to play their game to suit your needs.

We are in a situation where the server is bleeding population due to lack of balance and fun in general, scenarios are a large part of the game for many, especially casual players that log on a couple of hours a day after a long day at work and don't have time or will to go full neckbeard premade.

MonkeyHead
Posts: 14

Re: [Suggestion] how to fix a broken system

Post#14 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:24 am

GamesBond wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:36 am
The queue system is far more complicated than a one line suggestion, devs need to account for many factors that either trigger or hold the queue from popping, these factors drastically increase waiting times and include many " If X, than Y " rules.

The issue is way better resolved if players play more healers in scenarios.
Can you make it so people cant queue at all unless they make a group with a tank a DPS and a healer? Then, players would 100% do exactly what you are asking them to do. I joke. But I also wish you would.

User avatar
wargrimnir
Head Game Master
Posts: 6968
Contact:

Re: [Suggestion] how to fix a broken system

Post#15 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:19 pm

MonkeyHead wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:24 am
GamesBond wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:36 am
The queue system is far more complicated than a one line suggestion, devs need to account for many factors that either trigger or hold the queue from popping, these factors drastically increase waiting times and include many " If X, than Y " rules.

The issue is way better resolved if players play more healers in scenarios.
Can you make it so people cant queue at all unless they make a group with a tank a DPS and a healer? Then, players would 100% do exactly what you are asking them to do. I joke. But I also wish you would.
Any time you add a requirement to scen queues, it adds time to the queue pop. It's the same problem every way you try to come at it. Again, people were nearly unanimous about this when we implemented queue restrictions over a period of about a month before we rolled it back.
Image
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

emiliorv
Posts: 684

Re: [Suggestion] how to fix a broken system

Post#16 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:56 am

Hardkoar wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:22 am
emiliorv wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:43 am
Hardkoar wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:32 am


A copy paste from the current World of warcraft and many other mmorpgs would be a solution.

Upon signign up for a scenario you choose your job : Dps/Heal/Tank. An AM wearing intel based gear cannot sign up as healer, and viceversa one with WP based gear. Once you sign up you cannot flip your gear around until u either stop the scenario Queue or after you play it and come out.
This would ensure a much much more balanced experience and it would also fix the Pug/Premade making the disparity based on coms rather than class composition.
AGAIN this => sc matchmaking can be tweaked to make teams more balanced => more balance = higher queue time = less SC pop. Was done in the past, and the change was reverted because ppl wanted more sc pops.

was said several times, if you want a balance team make one yourself...its not too hard, and much better than be farmed by premades.....stop to play alone in a MMO
How about YOU stop telling people how to play THEIR game with THEIR free time instead?
We are trying to find solutions here to relevant issues, you can keep on farming pugs if that's all you are good for.
If the SC time is longer it is obviously a population issue, the timer is fine during prime time and that's when the vast majority of the population plays and would appreciate a better experience in Scenarios.
Try to come up with a possible solution next time you decide to waste everyone's time with your presence instead of telling them how to play their game to suit your needs.

We are in a situation where the server is bleeding population due to lack of balance and fun in general, scenarios are a large part of the game for many, especially casual players that log on a couple of hours a day after a long day at work and don't have time or will to go full neckbeard premade.
Oh i see, you look like one of those special kids...
You can play how you want...if you play like a solo pugger you will face the same problems: bad balanced teams, Pug VS premades, etc..

The solution is there for anyone who wants to use, you are not trying to find solutions...you want to modify the system to fit your own gameplay.

User avatar
Lesnoj
Posts: 66

Re: [Suggestion] how to fix a broken system

Post#17 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:39 am

GamesBond wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:36 am
The queue system is far more complicated than a one line suggestion, devs need to account for many factors that either trigger or hold the queue from popping, these factors drastically increase waiting times and include many " If X, than Y " rules.

The issue is way better resolved if players play more healers in scenarios.
Not working, when I play healer there are other 5-6 other healers without tanks. So sorry can't play several characters at the same time. No matter the fact I want to play a character that I want to and not other just because queue is not working as it should.
Image

Hardkoar
Posts: 209

Re: [Suggestion] how to fix a broken system

Post#18 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:18 am

emiliorv wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:56 am
Hardkoar wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:22 am
emiliorv wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:43 am


AGAIN this => sc matchmaking can be tweaked to make teams more balanced => more balance = higher queue time = less SC pop. Was done in the past, and the change was reverted because ppl wanted more sc pops.

was said several times, if you want a balance team make one yourself...its not too hard, and much better than be farmed by premades.....stop to play alone in a MMO
How about YOU stop telling people how to play THEIR game with THEIR free time instead?
We are trying to find solutions here to relevant issues, you can keep on farming pugs if that's all you are good for.
If the SC time is longer it is obviously a population issue, the timer is fine during prime time and that's when the vast majority of the population plays and would appreciate a better experience in Scenarios.
Try to come up with a possible solution next time you decide to waste everyone's time with your presence instead of telling them how to play their game to suit your needs.

We are in a situation where the server is bleeding population due to lack of balance and fun in general, scenarios are a large part of the game for many, especially casual players that log on a couple of hours a day after a long day at work and don't have time or will to go full neckbeard premade.
Oh i see, you look like one of those special kids...
You can play how you want...if you play like a solo pugger you will face the same problems: bad balanced teams, Pug VS premades, etc..

The solution is there for anyone who wants to use, you are not trying to find solutions...you want to modify the system to fit your own gameplay.
Right, because everyone that does not agree with your ignorant behavior and low self esteem attitude must be a special kid. Not only people will play how they choose so, but if the game does not cater to them, they will also leave. I'm sure you are probably one of those, ''If you don't like it then gtfo kind of folks'', but with an empty server we all lose.Larger, mightier games have fallen and this very one died due to poor balance decisions and lack of options. I understand that this basic concept is alien to a basement dweller such as yourself, but in the real world this is just another Monday.

The hypocrisy on your last statement is mind boggling to say the least:

'' you are not trying to find solutions...you want to modify the system to fit your own gameplay. ''

My entire post is based on the concept of providing MORE OPTIONS FOR EVERYONE TO ENJOY THEIR GAME TIME THE WAY THEY DESIRE.
Your dull and self centered concept is : ''if you play like a solo pugger you will face the same problems: bad balanced teams, Pug VS premades, etc..''.

So your solution is what? Go premade, go 2-2-2, roll a meta class or gtfo? Now that sounds exactly like a game everyone wants to play.
:roll:

Ads
emiliorv
Posts: 684

Re: [Suggestion] how to fix a broken system

Post#19 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:31 am

Hardkoar wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:18 am
Spoiler:
emiliorv wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:56 am
Hardkoar wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:22 am


How about YOU stop telling people how to play THEIR game with THEIR free time instead?
We are trying to find solutions here to relevant issues, you can keep on farming pugs if that's all you are good for.
If the SC time is longer it is obviously a population issue, the timer is fine during prime time and that's when the vast majority of the population plays and would appreciate a better experience in Scenarios.
Try to come up with a possible solution next time you decide to waste everyone's time with your presence instead of telling them how to play their game to suit your needs.

We are in a situation where the server is bleeding population due to lack of balance and fun in general, scenarios are a large part of the game for many, especially casual players that log on a couple of hours a day after a long day at work and don't have time or will to go full neckbeard premade.
Oh i see, you look like one of those special kids...
You can play how you want...if you play like a solo pugger you will face the same problems: bad balanced teams, Pug VS premades, etc..

The solution is there for anyone who wants to use, you are not trying to find solutions...you want to modify the system to fit your own gameplay.
Right, because everyone that does not agree with your ignorant behavior and low self esteem attitude must be a special kid. Not only people will play how they choose so, but if the game does not cater to them, they will also leave. I'm sure you are probably one of those, ''If you don't like it then gtfo kind of folks'', but with an empty server we all lose.Larger, mightier games have fallen and this very one died due to poor balance decisions and lack of options. I understand that this basic concept is alien to a basement dweller such as yourself, but in the real world this is just another Monday.

The hypocrisy on your last statement is mind boggling to say the least:

'' you are not trying to find solutions...you want to modify the system to fit your own gameplay. ''

My entire post is based on the concept of providing MORE OPTIONS FOR EVERYONE TO ENJOY THEIR GAME TIME THE WAY THEY DESIRE.
Your dull and self centered concept is : ''if you play like a solo pugger you will face the same problems: bad balanced teams, Pug VS premades, etc..''.

So your solution is what? Go premade, go 2-2-2, roll a meta class or gtfo? Now that sounds exactly like a game everyone wants to play.
:roll:
You think that lose a bunch of solo players who refuse to interact with the community will kill the server....well no.
Was said several times, more balance = less sc pops....was done in the past and reverted...is not hard to understand (and still you dont).

Rapzel
Posts: 115

Re: [Suggestion] how to fix a broken system

Post#20 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:43 pm

Hardkoar wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:18 am

Right, because everyone that does not agree with your ignorant behavior and low self esteem attitude must be a special kid. Not only people will play how they choose so, but if the game does not cater to them, they will also leave. I'm sure you are probably one of those, ''If you don't like it then gtfo kind of folks'', but with an empty server we all lose.Larger, mightier games have fallen and this very one died due to poor balance decisions and lack of options. I understand that this basic concept is alien to a basement dweller such as yourself, but in the real world this is just another Monday.

The hypocrisy on your last statement is mind boggling to say the least:

'' you are not trying to find solutions...you want to modify the system to fit your own gameplay. ''

My entire post is based on the concept of providing MORE OPTIONS FOR EVERYONE TO ENJOY THEIR GAME TIME THE WAY THEY DESIRE.
Your dull and self centered concept is : ''if you play like a solo pugger you will face the same problems: bad balanced teams, Pug VS premades, etc..''.

So your solution is what? Go premade, go 2-2-2, roll a meta class or gtfo? Now that sounds exactly like a game everyone wants to play.
:roll:
The issue with your statement is that this is a MMORPG, no matter what other MMORPG you choose to play you will need to interact with people.
Other games have died? Yes sure, though the most successful to date is still WoW where you won't progress further than Raid finder/Heroic/battlegrounds gear if you do not group up with other players.
You cannot solo queue Mythic, you cannot solo queue raids and you cannot solo queue arena.
AFAIK there's no guarantee that you get healers in WoW BGs, and tanks are useless in WoW PvP unless Blizzard manages to make them immortal, DPS gods (Yes I'm looking at you Guardian/Protection Pala/Demon Hunter and Death Knight).
I ended up in healer-less BGs that popped after 20 mins of wait time because I didn't want to queue IoC and AV, WoW is based around PvE where PvP is a minigame, sure we meme about SCs being a mini-game here but it actually yields decent rewards for a lot of careers and it gives Renown.
The core of most MMORPG's is the social interaction where you need to play together.
There's games that have better mechanics than any MMORPG out there but they are made for a smaller amount of concurrent players interacting.
You as a "solo player" will not be able to experience everything in ANY MMORPG, no matter what game you decide to play.

What meta career? You have no idea what you're talking about, there's meta speccs for all careers and if you decide to play rift engie in SCs then that's your issue, it's not impossible to respec into Rifleman or Grenadier.
Meta shows up in proper 6vs6 games, not in the event SC or anything like that, people do them to have fun with their friends.

But sure I'll suggest a solution, make a weekly quest where you get something like a renown pot or extra emblems given that you play with a group, just like the guild quests, but you don't need to be a in a guild group to complete it, making people more inclined to group up.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 12 guests