Recent Topics

Ads

[Suggestion] reshuffle resistance buffs

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Arbich
Suspended

[Suggestion] reshuffle resistance buffs

Post#1 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:18 pm

The actual resistance buffs (depending on skill points in the respective trees) are:

am 157-252
kobs buff:236-378 debuff: 118-188
rp 157-252

I always found it strange that a passive aura from kobs makes the only group buff from AM kind of useless. This would maybe ok, if it were one of the few good skills of kobs, but this isnt the case. kobs brings a plethora of good abilities to a group. So he is mandatory or at least in high demand for every group/warband. AM on the other hand is considered the weakest healer.

I suggest to give AM resistance buff the kobs value (236-378) and nerf the kobs resistance buff to match his debuff (118-188). RP could maybe get a slight buff, but should stay between kobs and AM values. A buff is slightly weaker than a passive aura cause in can get shattered, so a slighty buff of resistance buffs overall (through buffing the RP buff a bit) might be justified.

This would be a step in the direction of more class diversity in groups/warbands in the tank and healer domain.

Chosen/shaman should get the same treatment.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Ads
Jabba

Re: [Suggestion] reshuffle resistance buffs

Post#2 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:46 pm

Or give shammies/ams multiple buffs to choose from depending on their party makeup, like all the other healers.
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

Arbich
Suspended

Post#3 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:29 pm

Yes, could work. But what buffs you have in mind? So they are not redudant to already existing buffs.
Giving them the RP buffs might be the easiest way, but then you exclude group buffs from balance considerations between RP and AM.

I think my solution is quite easy, would improve balance overall and I see no disadvantages. playstyle would be different, but not neccessarily worse overall. I think its justified testing this a bit.

NSKaneda

Post#4 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:09 am

Those buffs are centred around resistance debuffs of each pairings. So, if you want to buff AM to kotbs value you should also buff dark elves resist debuffs. If you want to buff RP then give greenskins debuffs as powerful as those of chaos classes.

Still an easy solution without disadvantages? ;)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Nekkma

Post#5 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:16 am

A great suggestion without any real drawbacks.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Arbich
Suspended

Post#6 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:49 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:09 am Those buffs are centred around resistance debuffs of each pairings. So, if you want to buff AM to kotbs value you should also buff dark elves resist debuffs. If you want to buff RP then give greenskins debuffs as powerful as those of chaos classes.

Still an easy solution without disadvantages? ;)
I think you missed the part about the kobs resistance nerf. If not, I don't understand your complain.
As their is no reason to play a 1 race group/wb, balance shouldn't be centered around this.
All changes to kobs, AM and maybe RP should also implemented for chosen, shaman and zealot.

NSKaneda

Post#7 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:06 pm

Arbich wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:49 pm I think you missed the part about the kobs resistance nerf. If not, I don't understand your complain.
As their is no reason to play a 1 race group/wb, balance shouldn't be centered around this.
All changes to kobs, AM and maybe RP should also implemented for chosen, shaman and zealot.
Not missed it, I just think that when you change one part of equation you should think about the other part - play and counterplay. Buffing resistances without touching debuffs just don't add up. And resist buffs already have higher values than debuffs for a reason.

It's the game design that those specific buffs and debuffs are spread around racial pairings (and even though racial groups have better synergy sadly they are not played much outside of bitterstone and freebooter warbands - but this discussion had been going on this forum few years ago already and there's no point in forcing regimental gameplay).
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+

Nekkma

Post#8 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:16 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:06 pm
Arbich wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:49 pm I think you missed the part about the kobs resistance nerf. If not, I don't understand your complain.
Not missed it, I just think that when you change one part of equation you should think about the other part - play and counterplay. Buffing resistances without touching debuffs just don't add up. And resist buffs already have higher values than debuffs for a reason.

It's the game design that those specific buffs and debuffs are spread around racial pairings (and even though racial groups have better synergy sadly they are not played much outside of bitterstone and freebooter warbands - but this discussion had been going on this forum few years ago already and there's no point in forcing regimental gameplay).
This proposal already adjust the value of resistance buff and is overall a nerf for such buffs. AM/shaman buffs can be removed while knight/chosen ones cannot.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Ads
Arbich
Suspended

Post#9 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:28 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:06 pm

Kobs would lose 190 resistance buff, while AM would gain 126 (both when maxed out in the respective skill tree). So its a 64 nerf overall for resistance buffs . And as already explained buffs can be considered weaker than auras, because they could be shattered. Thats why I propose a slight buff to RP resistance buff might be justified. You can argue that its more likely that AM will max out his skill tree than that kobs will (i would agree!), so the number of effective resistance buff nerfs might be less than 64. But I don´t want to overcomplicate stuff.

NSKaneda

Post#10 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:35 pm

Nekkma wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:16 pm AM/shaman buffs can be removed while knight/chosen ones cannot.
Same as BO/SM resist buffs by the way. Not gonna argue, I've voiced my concern but I'm far from drawing a line in a sand over this :)

Edit: it would be fair if BO/SM could have all three bellows/blade enchantments on just like chosens/kotbs can. But that would be a tad overpowered.