Recent Topics

Ads

More solo endgame content.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Josewales

More solo endgame content.

Post#1 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:54 pm

Like most, we play RoR to mostly open pvp. But there are times we get bored and burnt out with it. SCs weekly trinkets are a nice break and grinding mats/craft to support our pot habit helps. But it would be nice to give us more to do....such as eye candy, pve tome unlocks or more crafting to the game. There are other MMOs to fill the raid pve void. Point here is to give us more side hobbies to break the mundane. I understand that more endgame trinkets and Sov weaps are still to come and LotD...where that should be a priority.

Anyways keep up the great work team!

~ Catsup

Ads
franzjaeger

Re: More solo endgame content.

Post#2 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:20 pm

I agree. When I don't feel like hopping into RvR or joining a group there's not much to do. Solo queue pops for scenarios are slow as hell most nights and I don't even have anything to do while waiting for them. I don't know exactly what would fill this void but more cosmetic unlocks that aren't just "kill 10,000 of this monster" would be nice.

I wish the world in Warhammer was more suitable for exploring, but unless you have a PvE farming char or WE/WH it's a real nuisance to go off the beaten track since the mob density is so high and aggro ranges overlap so you spend more time fighting than exploring. Combine that with no ability to fly to any other place than warcamps/city and no real way to check in-game exactly what you can unlock by exploring and where. Most of the time I just run around aimlessly in city waiting for sc pop until I get bored and log out or switch to alt char.

If exploring was a bit more chill I'd love something like a repeatable quest where you get an approximate location to find some trinket with some description of where to look, perhaps some of them requires you to defeat a champion or whatever, and the reward is a cosmetic or token to buy cosmetics with or a tome unlock. You could even use existing tome unlocks for this and the addition would just be the quest + the description. I thought the plunger quest that you got in city was fun but that was just one quest, idk if there are more like that.

Dackle

Post#3 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:35 pm

Tome Titan comes to mind

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#4 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:22 pm

Solo and Endgame aren't exactly compatible concepts here. You will need to coordinate with a group, or at least show up and play in a group setting, for any proper Endgame rewards. If we slip from that someone feel free to dump a bucket of icewater on me. I can't think of anything truly solo-able that gets you top level gear.

In the meantime, we have several dungeons to release in the coming months, and it seems like activity is heating up there. So if you're looking for a PvE fix, keep an eye on the announcements.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

franzjaeger

Post#5 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:59 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:22 pm Solo and Endgame aren't exactly compatible concepts here. You will need to coordinate with a group, or at least show up and play in a group setting, for any proper Endgame rewards. If we slip from that someone feel free to dump a bucket of icewater on me. I can't think of anything truly solo-able that gets you top level gear.

In the meantime, we have several dungeons to release in the coming months, and it seems like activity is heating up there. So if you're looking for a PvE fix, keep an eye on the announcements.
We're not asking for end-game gear, not at all. Cosmetics, cool dye sets, unique weapons/armor just for the skins, pocket items... it could be just a matter of pointing the players towards stuff that already exists in the ToK as a start, right now it feels like all we have is an incomplete and outdated wiki plus some ancient obscure websites to try and find just what you can unlock. Repeatable quests just for completing certain parts of the ToK with some additional rewards would be pretty cool, and maybe some steps towards making exploring more solo-friendly and build agnostic, like less monster density at non-farm spots and more hubs to fly to, maybe mount speed increase in PvE zones when not RvR-flagged. Just some thoughts.

Josewales

Post#6 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:26 pm

Aye I am not talking about endgame stat gear. I appreciate that one has to open pvp in a open pvp MMO to achieve best gear. DO NOT EVER CHANGE THAT! :P This is more to do with side fun for us solo types.

Cheermazon

Post#7 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:25 pm

In an exploration sense, there is quite a bit already in the game; albeit not all implemented currently.

I've started going zone by zone and working on the unlocks for lore, persons, mob, and etc. There's no cosmetic
received, but the odd title here and there, and I'm a bit of a completionist so I like seeing the ToK filled out; but I also
try to only do this on my cultivating toons since its a double benefit.

There's a lot of random quirky things to discover in the game, and a lot can be found online. Recently I wanted the "Hot Stuff" title,
so I found a zone where its easy to run into lava, and you respawn steps away from the same lava pool to get it done quick. Same can
be said for bestial tokens, I can get 8ish bestial tokens easily on all my toons for cosmetic purposes from knowledge gained randomly
exploring the game, and looking things up. I'd love if there were more bestial trophy options as an incentive to complete ToK stuff.
Or perhaps changing the "kill 1,000 mobs" to provide an exotic token, to reward the player for the random achievement outside rvr.

DirkDaring

Post#8 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:29 pm

If only there was a post already on the forums for almost 5 years that showed everything listed in the game by zone, and tier. Something that listed all the possible title unlocks, tome unlocks, beastry tome unlocks, pocket items, things to explore, history & lore etc in the game .

Oh wait there is , I posted this back in Feb 2016, and it was sticky at the top of the General forums .
it is a how to guide, it shows all the unlocks etc, and how to get them.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11617

Ads