Recent Topics

Ads

Armor Potions in RvR

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
tomolyons

Armor Potions in RvR

Post#1 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:14 pm

Hi all.

Im beginning to get frustrated as a level 40 slayer rr 60. These potions have been an issue now for quite a time and is affecting balance quite drastically especially for melee classes.

660 armor is a lot when it comes to mitigating damage. Most time i find that even Sorcerers and Witch elves are mitigating Half my damage with 48% Armor pen. You know when something is Overpowered or unbalanced when it gets used more often than usual. (spammable)

I liked the idea of a percentage increase (10%)? instead of a straight number buff. This would stop all these squishes soaking damage like a tank. At the end of the day, If people want more armor on their gear then Armor talismans is what they should be going for.

Other suggestions would be:

- Once a Day Potion.
- Shorter Duration
- 330 Armor

I can understand that people want more survivability I get that. But that's what teamwork is for. We shouldn;t be relying on Potions.

End of rant. Thoughts?

Ads
StrongUn

Re: Armor Potions in RvR

Post#2 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:26 pm

Nerf armor potions cos you are not able to solo kill a sorc???

Are you kidding us?

Jabba

Post#3 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:33 pm

Sounds like you died to a sorc 1v1, decided it was because of an armour pot, and then say the game is about teamwork.

Sure
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

Gurf

Post#4 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:45 pm

Armour pen is a big problem for Slayer/Choppa at lower levels, which is why Invader is such a big boost to your damage because of the set bonus, after that you see a big jump. The Vanq bonus also gives you a WS proc which can help you do ok but before that (despite the forum hype about how great Slayers are) you will suck unfortunately, with Sorc being about the only thing you have a chance at 1v1.

paperclipdog

Post#5 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:56 pm

Sorcs in full sov running 7 180 armor talis can reach 3.4k armor with a 660 pot. End result with your armor pen would be roughly 50% mitigation.
I don't see anything wrong with it honestly - they're going all out on armor, why should it not have an impact? Furthermore you have a bunch of classes on order aswell that can reduce armor quite substancially, increasing your dmg by a lot.

You should really consider that people reaching armor values that high are significantly outgearing you.

Haskr

Post#6 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:57 pm

i agree a bit, if one of the two potion slots is basically mandatory with armor its not good game design :evil: :evil: :cry:

kmark101

Post#7 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:28 pm

Armor potions are the number one reason why physical classes struggle in the current meta. Armor potions also make lots of special skills and class setups obsolete (IB's armor buff skill, WP's armor buff prayer, Knight's Vigilance, etc..), hence limiting the options of the game.

Armor potions also make armor debuffs obsolete since most tanks and dps characters can't be debuffed under the armor caps anymore due to the extra 660 armor they receive from the potions, which further nerfs phyiscal classes indirectly who rely on armor debuffs (and makes armor debuff skills semi useless).

Removing armor potions would solve all these + other countless issues of the game. And yes, casters would have harder time, maguses would not just kill phisycal damage classes in melee with ez.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

zij83

Post#8 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:46 pm

tomolyons wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:14 pm Hi all.

Im beginning to get frustrated as a level 40 slayer rr 60. These potions have been an issue now for quite a time and is affecting balance quite drastically especially for melee classes.

660 armor is a lot when it comes to mitigating damage. Most time i find that even Sorcerers and Witch elves are mitigating Half my damage with 48% Armor pen. You know when something is Overpowered or unbalanced when it gets used more often than usual. (spammable)

I liked the idea of a percentage increase (10%)? instead of a straight number buff. This would stop all these squishes soaking damage like a tank. At the end of the day, If people want more armor on their gear then Armor talismans is what they should be going for.

Other suggestions would be:

- Once a Day Potion.
- Shorter Duration
- 330 Armor

I can understand that people want more survivability I get that. But that's what teamwork is for. We shouldn;t be relying on Potions.

End of rant. Thoughts?
You play a class that has an ability to give you undefendable attacks and you're upset about armor? One day when you're a big boy slayer you'll have high armor pen.

Ads
M0rw47h

Post#9 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:53 pm

Imagine making DoKs/WPs even more mandatory by nerfing armor potion...

Sulorie

Post#10 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:56 pm

My thought? Use teamwork.
Dying is no option.