Recent Topics

Ads

Bump up Warlord tier to Sovereign tier

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.

Poll: Would you like to change the Warlord tier?

Yes, bump it up to Sovereign tier.
55%
No, keep it as it is.
45%
Total votes: 56

DoomedDragon

Bump up Warlord tier to Sovereign tier

Post#1 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:03 am

Hey all,
I would like to suggest some changes to the warlord tier armor.
Currently it sits in between Invader and Sovereign in an awkward position for many since it also costs royal crests.
People are thus reluctant to invest in this tier because it is not "endgame" and rather save their precious crests for sovereign gear.
My proposal is to bump it up to sovereign tier, in terms of stats and costs.
This way it would feel more natrual to have an endgame gear choice for each left, middle and right branch of the skill tree.

And also just rename Sov alt to something more unique, perhaps "Celestial".

Cheers!

Ads
Sulorie

Re: Bump up Warlord tier to Sovereign tier

Post#2 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:21 am

The power difference hardly matters and it is a lot cheaper. People already use it for several reasons and increasing it's item level would only give more stats without a necessarity.
Dying is no option.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#3 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:44 am

Id rather reduce sov down to warlord and make it cheaper too.

DoomedDragon

Post#4 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:00 am

saupreusse wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:44 am Id rather reduce sov down to warlord and make it cheaper too.
Tha is also another solution, I just felt that since warlord also cost royal crests then they should have all been the same tier.

MMXX43

Post#5 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:13 am

Warlord needs some love, stats need to be a tad bit higher and destributed thoughtfully .

Orgruk

Post#6 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:18 pm

Not only the stats but also the set bonuses. I remember on live we had an 10% to reduce target's armor by 1800 chance for 10s on mdps' Warlord. Regarding the actual tendancy, would be good to see it back again, thus give a good kick to Warlord. ;)
Last edited by Orgruk on Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Choppa/Slayer proposals : Better Rage > GTDC replacement > Balance

Hugatsaga

Post#7 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:31 pm

Voted for warlord buff. Was thinking mostly about classes that have 3 clearly different and (more or less) viable specs (mostly dok / wp). Iirc for doks/wp's warlord is dual wield/2h dps set while sov and off sov are for heal & shield specs respectively. I dont see why dual wield / 2h dps spec should have worse stats than heal and shield set. SW and squig are probably in similar situation with skirmish / scout / assault spec.
Live: Daeneria, Polestar
RoR: Calmdown, Goldman, Kohta, Madguard, Magnumforce, Northsorc, Northstar etc
Youtube

Sulorie

Post#8 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:55 pm

Orgruk wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:18 pm Not only the stats but also the set bonuses. I remember on live we had an 10% to reduce target's armor by 1800 chance for 10s on mdps' Warlord. Regarding the actual tendancy, would be good to see it back again, thus give a good kick to Warlord. ;)
Guess why we don't have the proc here. Conq for WE/WH had 1500 armor debuff proc too.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Orgruk

Post#9 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:09 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:55 pm
Spoiler:
Orgruk wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:18 pm Not only the stats but also the set bonuses. I remember on live we had an 10% to reduce target's armor by 1800 chance for 10s on mdps' Warlord. Regarding the actual tendancy, would be good to see it back again, thus give a good kick to Warlord. ;)
Guess why we don't have the proc here. Conq for WE/WH had 1500 armor debuff proc too.
Dunno :?:
My Choppa/Slayer proposals : Better Rage > GTDC replacement > Balance

mix12388

Post#10 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:13 pm

Its a nice suggestion but keep in mind that tyrant set is comin up and its gonna be on par with sov.. a better suggestion would be to lower it to invader tier so there will be two options instead of one on invader tier sets
Goregrunt 82rr Choppa :mrgreen:

Slayin stunties since 2k14