Recent Topics

Ads

Make tanks great again.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Bignusty

Re: Make tanks great again.

Post#11 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:48 pm

NIce topic yeah i dont know why everyone have mele power magic power magic healing when fortitude for tank is missing ? i support !

Ads
Andack

Post#12 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:49 pm

Oglaf wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:34 pm Make Destruction tanks great again:

Fix Rampage to give X/X Parry/Block Strikethru rather than just making your attacks Undefendable. Currently, when Order sets up a Slayer funnel it is essentially like Destruction has no tanks. Which means we have no MDPS because they need the Guard, and when a Slayer with Rampage hits someone that has been Guarded the Guard dmg in turn becomes undefendable meaning the tank takes a double whammy of undefendable dmg.
True, destro tank are a mess beccause of rampage :|

Sponn
Suspended

Post#13 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:55 pm

Just let knight use a 2h and a shield.

:D

I've seen a certain special knight do it before!

Oglaf
Suspended

Post#14 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:57 pm

Sponn wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:55 pm Just let knight use a 2h and a shield.

:D

I've seen a certain special knight do it before!
Ah... memories of Barb in Diablo II...

Esperflame

Post#15 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:54 pm

If you really wanna make tanks great again maybe consider looking at guard dmg. I'm genuinely sad and angry that I defend 1 in 10 guard dmg hits. In a single patch, Dev Team moved guard dmg to include all 4 defenses AND gave guard dmg strike-thru. Over the last 2-3 months I've rarely logged in now because I've been denied the ability to build a tanky 2h IB that I run purely for the benefit of my group. My dmg is okay but nothing to be afraid of unless you're a squishy and now I'm extra squishy even though I have built for tank? I want to play WAR but when something becomes less fun and less challenging and turns into sadness and anger, people tend to lose interest. You took one of the main tank core abilities and nerfed it hard with that change. I play all 6 tanks classes. It's really the only arch type I like in most MMO's. Now, none of them are tanks because of two changes made to a core mechanic of playing tank. With those two changes you nerfed an entire arch type, the only arch type I prefer to play. Maybe someday the devs will see it for the mistake of a change it was, and I hope someday to come back and have fun with friends and foes alike.
Karnak (Ironbreaker), Hadebrandt (KotBS), Quigon (Swordmaster), Rakthraka (Black Orc), Thulza (Chosen), Braerithryn (Blackguard)

"Yeah, I play all the tanks. I've got beef!" - Me

Dwarni

Post#16 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:35 pm

If you play 2h you are no real tank...

Alucard2010

Post#17 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:46 pm

oaliaen wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:24 pm
Nezeb wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:29 pm 2H kotbs needs rework more than the other 2h tanks, he is, to put it mildly, miserable
RoR dont work whit mirrors ... so yea, while slayers have rampage Chosen has damage..deal whit it and enjoy.
Except chosen does damage and has insane parry - so he can be both. So no, I will not "Deal with it and enjoy". Keep crying about rampage because focused mending and rampage are the only two things that haven't been mirrored to destro, and surprise surprise, it's what most destro forum warriors bitch about non-stop. Give it time, I'm sure those two abilities will also be mirrored or flat out removed at some point given the incessant whining done on this forum and track records of balance changes caving to that type of behavior. Anytime anything is brought up about destro, the anecdotal message about rampage is immediately posted next as if some perceived imbalance amongst multiple classes on destro are justified by rampage solely existing. Case in point, this dude is comparing a DPS CLASS mechanic in a thread ABOUT TANKS.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#18 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:18 pm

Alucard2010 wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:46 pm
Nezeb wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:29 pm 2H kotbs needs rework more than the other 2h tanks, he is, to put it mildly, miserable
RoR dont work whit mirrors ... so yea, while slayers have rampage Chosen has damage..deal whit it and enjoy.
Except chosen does damage and has insane parry - so he can be both. So no, I will not "Deal with it and enjoy". Keep crying about rampage because focused mending and rampage are the only two things that haven't been mirrored to destro, and surprise surprise, it's what most destro forum warriors bitch about non-stop. Give it time, I'm sure those two abilities will also be mirrored or flat out removed at some point given the incessant whining done on this forum and track records of balance changes caving to that type of behavior. Anytime anything is brought up about destro, the anecdotal message about rampage is immediately posted next as if some perceived imbalance amongst multiple classes on destro are justified by rampage solely existing. Case in point, this dude is comparing a DPS CLASS mechanic in a thread ABOUT TANKS.
Rampage is fine.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
MonkeyHead

Post#19 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:19 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:18 pm Rampage is fine.
Is it? How? Why? You are in a unique position to stop most arguments about this sort of issue, but you don't provide the data to support your claim. What specifically balances out this skill? I know it seems pointless to try and engage in balance conversations with the playerbase but from where I'm standing this response is part of that problem. Rampage is fine in what context in a RVR game? It's fine because the other realm has what exactly to balance it out? I've been doing a lot of digging to attempt to make sense of what balance may mean to you, and I have to say I just don't get it. You talk about balancing the class against its roll first. How is that helpful in a PVP game? If one side has tools the other side doesn't get that's an issue. If those tools are more useful in large aspects of the game that's a big issue. If you can then predict the outcome of any fort fight as an order win 75% of the time that's as bad as if you can predict a City going to destroy 75% of the time. Could we maybe talk to someone else on this balanced team. and have them give us some guidance about how it's going?

vastou

Post#20 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:18 pm

Well, it could be a "fix", but sadly, chosen 2handed dps was nerfed to ground while rampage still exist.. The old era of chosen "spiritual" damage is over. Come on, be honest, who is afraid of 2 handed chosen now ? Relentless with tactic does 700 crit x3 on dummies ...

I am by far more afraid of BO & SM... in term of damage.

Why comparing a mono skill versus an undefendable aoe spammable class btw ?

Btw, I personnaly knew some newcomers that played tanks couple of weeks ago, once their first or second wb with, they asked on discord "why i am totaly destroyed so fast versus these dwarves ?" i was quite ashamed to explain them how works rampage and ... well ... they are not playing anymore ... staff will lock this thread anyway.