Recent Topics

Ads

Make tanks great again.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Serbiansword

Re: Make tanks great again.

Post#31 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:51 pm

Nishka wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:27 am
Being a passive meatshield makes a borring gameplay though.

Is this sarcasm? I mean: Guard, watch the range on your guardie and follow him/her... defensive rotation... punt knockdown and interrupt enemy healers/casters.. are you still in the range of your guard? Good, keep following your guardie, oh another punt, knockdown this DoK, interrupt that sorc, watch the guard range, challenge call! MORALE DROP! ****, that shammy is resing, interrupt the ****... **** they are focusing my guardie, pop defensives and heal pot, knockdown that mara that is nuking my guardie and punt his chosen...

And round and round it goes. If that's too passive for you I don't know what to say.

Ads
TreefAM

Post#32 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:01 pm

Nishka wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:27 am Being a passive meatshield makes a borring gameplay though.
Well there are actual tanks, and then there are guard bots, which one are you? :D

CountTalabecland

Post#33 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:28 pm

The only ppl that think tanking is easy or boring aren't doing their job well.

AoE MDPS is by far the easiest archetype, smash buttons and profit.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Esperflame

Post#34 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:36 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:28 pm The only ppl that think tanking is easy or boring aren't doing their job well.

AoE MDPS is by far the easiest archetype, smash buttons and profit.
I've always played tanks because being in the thick of it, doing my job. That's neither boring or easy but it sure was fun until guard dmg became dumb.
Karnak (Ironbreaker), Hadebrandt (KotBS), Quigon (Swordmaster), Rakthraka (Black Orc), Thulza (Chosen), Braerithryn (Blackguard)

"Yeah, I play all the tanks. I've got beef!" - Me

Esperflame

Post#35 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:07 am

Dwarni wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:35 pm If you play 2h you are no real tank...
I used to be before they nerfed guard dmg hard. Ask Rolgrom why my build exists to be tanky instead of pure dps 2h IB and he'll explain the nice things I bring for him to rampage against those filthy greenskins!

But it's not tanky anymore for sure and that's why I'm sad and angry and not having as much fun in the game anymore.
Karnak (Ironbreaker), Hadebrandt (KotBS), Quigon (Swordmaster), Rakthraka (Black Orc), Thulza (Chosen), Braerithryn (Blackguard)

"Yeah, I play all the tanks. I've got beef!" - Me

arturziomas

Post#36 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:59 am

Serbiansword wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:51 pm
Nishka wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:27 am
Being a passive meatshield makes a borring gameplay though.

Is this sarcasm? I mean: Guard, watch the range on your guardie and follow him/her... defensive rotation... punt knockdown and interrupt enemy healers/casters.. are you still in the range of your guard? Good, keep following your guardie, oh another punt, knockdown this DoK, interrupt that sorc, watch the guard range, challenge call! MORALE DROP! ****, that shammy is resing, interrupt the ****... **** they are focusing my guardie, pop defensives and heal pot, knockdown that mara that is nuking my guardie and punt his chosen...

And round and round it goes. If that's too passive for you I don't know what to say.
+1 To this, also add guard swaps/defending healers from melee trains, I never felt bored when playing snb tank. Also back to OP, what your change is meant to fix exactly? Can't speak for other classes but snb BO feels perfectly fine without any additional defensive stats. And if its just about shuffling stuff around to add additional stat it seems like a huge waste of devs time. The only things that could be looked into imo is the unavoidable guard damage, I feel like its too strong in some cases (from my point of view its mainly funnels with slayers, feels like destro tanks melt way too fast compared to order) and renown gain while playing snb, its crazy how much more renown dps classes get compared to snb tanks while playing normal rvr.
Tugtug 8x BO
Tuglug 8x Shammy
Tugfug 7x SH
Tugpug 4x Choppa
Tughug 6x DoK

Nishka
Suspended

Post#37 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:09 am

TreefAM wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:01 pm
Nishka wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:27 am Being a passive meatshield makes a borring gameplay though.
Well there are actual tanks, and then there are guard bots, which one are you? :D
Make a guess. Hardly my fault though, hard NOT to be a bot with less cc and debuff tools than any other tank class in the game and higher cc cds as well.
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld

Ysaran

Post#38 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:32 am

Nishka wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:09 am
Make a guess. Hardly my fault though, hard NOT to be a bot with less cc and debuff tools than any other tank class in the game and higher cc cds as well.
what does Kotbs lack compared to BO? (legit question, i don't play kotbs)
Zputadenti

Ads
Sinisterror

Post#39 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:47 am

Guard changes really need to be reverted. Go away disrupt/dodge. Another soul mechanic gutted :E
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Nishka
Suspended

Post#40 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:48 am

Ysaran wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:32 am
Nishka wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:09 am

what does Kotbs lack compared to BO? (legit question, i don't play kotbs)
If you don't count the highest DPS tank in the game vs the lowest, KOTBS has way less active debuffs. Stuff like armor debuff, stat debuffs, damage bebuffs. Doesn't make him a bad tank as there are auras, just less proactive and requiring less skill.
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld