Recent Topics

Ads

SH proposal

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Andack

Re: SH proposal

Post#11 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:58 am

I'm not always happy about change but to be fair, people are hard to follow.

Ads
Jurki

Post#12 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:42 am

Grunbag wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:46 pm I might be confused but from today patch we implemented what you are proposing :

- He’s a biggun already increase Wounds by 160

- Pets are already immune to aoe almost (-75% damage)

- Tastes like chicken increase your wounds now

- Pet range is 100 feet for gas (same as live for all pets)

- Sharpened Arrer tactic increase armor pen of ALL ranged attack by 25% (not only BS)

- horned squig providing same armor debuff than what Blocka? Now
No problem, as I stated in my post this was a proposal i made BEFORE the SH changes and sent it to one of you devs via discord when i got asked for suggestions for changes. Since I didnt post it on the forums back then I want to inform other players now about the stuff i proposed and to give them the chance to compare it to the things you did, so we can help you out in improving your latest SH changes. I know that the staff (or atleast some) are convinced that your SH changes are good and viable but in testing and relying on my long time of experience with that class i can tell you that this class is facing quite the issues now.

Oglaf
Suspended

Post#13 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:48 am

adapter wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:28 am "Finish 'em off" back to Big Shootin'

Increase Quick Shootin' range by using a tactic

Shoot thru ya back to Quick Shootin core
This +1.

Jurki

Post#14 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:49 am

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:58 pm Man, remember a couple weeks/months back when we specifically asked people to put their proposals onto the BDF if they wanted a chance at seeing their wishlist implemented, and then only a few people bothered doing so and it was mostly a copy/paste of the changes we already made to SW, which clearly wasn't the intent but gave use the green light to go ahead in confidence since our last round of changes were apparently well received in the long run?

Crazy times.
I was asked about a proposal via discord and sent it directly to that member of your staff there. So I hoped that it reached you guys. The reason why I am posting my proposal again here is so other players can see it, compare it to your changes and maybe to help you guys to improve the steps you took with your SH changes. Repeat: the reduced range is not compatible with the highly vulnerable nature of the gobbo (would only have made sense if the defensives were better). There are too many toolkits in the game already on other classes to simply catch up now with the herder no matter how good his situational awareness is, forcing into another stationary build instead or leaving the class completely since there are other rdps more fitting for a stationary role (magus for example) and the quick shooting path as it is right now is significantly limiting the participation infight.

I think the reaction of your community is very clear on this and I repeat myself in saying, that there is nothing wrong in doing mistakes or to have a rough start with something. The important thing is to stay open for feedback and to not get lost in a defensive stance, a passive aggressive attitude or other forms of stone walling which are simply limiting constructive communication and taking away possibilities for the community to participate. And this patch clearly shows that you really need more support on stuff like balance. Nothing is lost, let us just work together on this.

Oglaf
Suspended

Post#15 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:06 am

Grunbag wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:46 pm I might be confused but from today patch we implemented what you are proposing :

See this is the inherent problem to SH design, nicely highlighted:

SH is basically a stance-based class, much like Marauder and Shadow Warrior. Except their stances are tied to these weak pets. Imagine if Shadow Warrior had to keep a flimsy pet alive to stay in his or her stance. This has been the core issue of SH ever since live. I don't think SH should have to be forced to waste a valuable tactic slot just to be able to function properly. It essentially makes it a 3-tactic slot class.

This, as mentioned, is the fault of Mythic and not the RoR devs. They kinda had the SH design flaw flung into their laps, lol.

madmalky2014
Suspended

Post#16 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:14 am

Keep on moaning Destro what is you're next gripe. Let me guess Sorcs nerf ffs stop pandering to the serial moaners they have more pulls resist buffs and mechanic than most order classes its not enough. Play order you might have something to moan about you are the kinda people who find a 1 pound note on the pavement and complain it wasn't a 10 pound note. What a bunch whinging zerging lightweights.

Oglaf
Suspended

Post#17 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:18 am

madmalky2014 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:14 am Keep on moaning Destro what is you're next gripe. Let me guess Sorcs nerf ffs stop pandering to the serial moaners they have more pulls resist buffs and mechanic than most order classes its not enough. Play order you might have something to moan about you are the kinda people who find a 1 pound note on the pavement and complain it wasn't a 10 pound note. What a bunch whinging zerging lightweights.
Very poignant and on-topic.

Grimir

Post#18 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:28 am

madmalky2014 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:14 am Keep on moaning Destro what is you're next gripe. Let me guess Sorcs nerf ffs stop pandering to the serial moaners they have more pulls resist buffs and mechanic than most order classes its not enough. Play order you might have something to moan about you are the kinda people who find a 1 pound note on the pavement and complain it wasn't a 10 pound note. What a bunch whinging zerging lightweights.
Seems like someone needs to take their medication urgently, nervous breakdown incoming....

Ads
Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#19 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:41 am

Oglaf wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:06 am

See this is the inherent problem to SH design, nicely highlighted:

SH is basically a stance-based class, much like Marauder and Shadow Warrior. Except their stances are tied to these weak pets. Imagine if Shadow Warrior had to keep a flimsy pet alive to stay in his or her stance. This has been the core issue of SH ever since live. I don't think SH should have to be forced to waste a valuable tactic slot just to be able to function properly. It essentially makes it a 3-tactic slot class.

This, as mentioned, is the fault of Mythic and not the RoR devs. They kinda had the SH design flaw flung into their laps, lol.
You talk about ABM ?
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#20 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:45 am

Jurki wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:42 am

- Pets are already immune to aoe almost (-75% damage)

- Tastes like chicken increase your wounds now

- Sharpened Arrer tactic increase armor pen of ALL ranged attack by 25% (not only BS)

- horned squig providing same armor debuff than what Blocka? Now
No problem, as I stated in my post this was a proposal i made BEFORE the SH changes and sent it to one of you devs via discord when i got asked for suggestions for changes. Since I didnt post it on the forums back then I want to inform other players now about the stuff i proposed and to give them the chance to compare it to the things you did, so we can help you out in improving your latest SH changes. I know that the staff (or atleast some) are convinced that your SH changes are good and viable but in testing and relying on my long time of experience with that class i can tell you that this class is facing quite the issues now.
Ok i thought you didn’t noticed we implemented a lot of your recommandations .
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer