Recent Topics

Ads

SH proposal

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
User avatar
Oglaf
Suspended
Posts: 279

Re: SH proposal

Post#71 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:55 pm

Hardkoar wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:47 am
Oglaf wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:08 pm
Honestly. What harm would there be in bringing the range-increasing tactic back and, y'know, see if it breaks the class? Or if it just makes it, y'know, playable? An experiment.
The class is already broken on the melee spec, on your words : Maybe the devs ''y'know, don't feel like it would be justified breaking it even further'' .

People need to decide, either you have range and mobility or you have damage and risk/squishy. You can't and should never have both.

Either you have ST burst or you have AOE pealing. You can't and should never have both.
What does the melee spec have to do with a rSH discussion?

Derail/troll less, please.

Ads
Hardkoar
Suspended
Posts: 242

Re: SH proposal

Post#72 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:30 pm

Spoiler:
Oglaf wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:55 pm
Hardkoar wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:47 am
Oglaf wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:08 pm
Honestly. What harm would there be in bringing the range-increasing tactic back and, y'know, see if it breaks the class? Or if it just makes it, y'know, playable? An experiment.
The class is already broken on the melee spec, on your words : Maybe the devs ''y'know, don't feel like it would be justified breaking it even further'' .

People need to decide, either you have range and mobility or you have damage and risk/squishy. You can't and should never have both.

Either you have ST burst or you have AOE pealing. You can't and should never have both.
What does the melee spec have to do with a rSH discussion?

Derail/troll less, please.
It has everything to do with the Class. Quit playing with Nerfed buttons, it's bad.

User avatar
PlagueMonk
Posts: 117

Re: SH proposal

Post#73 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:38 pm

cimator wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:12 pm
Sera wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:19 pm
cimator wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:35 pm
Agreed, tho I think What Blocka? is fine as it is, current damage of the rSH is a lot better now, armor debuff on the move would be too overkill imo.
But range should be definitely increased, 65ft is basically pounce range, kiting feels horrible atm.
It should be either 100ft base, or if the devs want to keep quick shootin lower range than big shootin' for lore/roleplay reasons, it should be 80ft or 85ft.
Why should you auto-win against all melee? Only 2 classes got Pounce and only one can spam it for a cost of not using a pet.
So if the range is more than 65ft you would consider that auto-win against all melee? Then what would you say for every other ranged class in the game?
Not just melee. I was attacked by a rSH passing by a keep under siege a couple days ago. I got a little too close so I was just in range and pew pew pew pew pew arrows came at me. I was dead in < 2 secs as a RR50 WP with decent gear. I'm sorry but it's ALREADY bull**** as it is. Not only that but right after he dropped me a SW fell prey and then a Slayer exactly the same way. He killed all 3 of us in < 10 secs spamming a single ability. How can you justify that? Both the SW and Slayer were 40 as well and while I can't speak to their RR, all of us should have at least a LITTLE time to react at our level. Where is my "i win" single button spam?
Image

Cptkud
Posts: 18

Re: SH proposal

Post#74 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:10 pm

PlagueMonk wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:38 pm
cimator wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:12 pm
Sera wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:19 pm

Why should you auto-win against all melee? Only 2 classes got Pounce and only one can spam it for a cost of not using a pet.
So if the range is more than 65ft you would consider that auto-win against all melee? Then what would you say for every other ranged class in the game?
Not just melee. I was attacked by a rSH passing by a keep under siege a couple days ago. I got a little too close so I was just in range and pew pew pew pew pew arrows came at me. I was dead in < 2 secs as a RR50 WP with decent gear. I'm sorry but it's ALREADY bull**** as it is. Not only that but right after he dropped me a SW fell prey and then a Slayer exactly the same way. He killed all 3 of us in < 10 secs spamming a single ability. How can you justify that? Both the SW and Slayer were 40 as well and while I can't speak to their RR, all of us should have at least a LITTLE time to react at our level. Where is my "i win" single button spam?
Please don't act like that doesn't happen to both sides. I see that happen to everyone.

User avatar
cimator
Posts: 121

Re: SH proposal

Post#75 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:19 pm

PlagueMonk wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:38 pm

Not just melee. I was attacked by a rSH passing by a keep under siege a couple days ago. I got a little too close so I was just in range and pew pew pew pew pew arrows came at me. I was dead in < 2 secs as a RR50 WP with decent gear. I'm sorry but it's ALREADY bull**** as it is. Not only that but right after he dropped me a SW fell prey and then a Slayer exactly the same way. He killed all 3 of us in < 10 secs spamming a single ability. How can you justify that? Both the SW and Slayer were 40 as well and while I can't speak to their RR, all of us should have at least a LITTLE time to react at our level. Where is my "i win" single button spam?
Looks like a newbie complaining about stuff when you dont even have basic game knowledge yet. Roll an RSH, and let me know when you kill 3 ppl in 10 seconds by yourself with a "single ability".

A side note: As a healer you shouldn't even die to any 1 dps, let alone a WP dying to a solo rSH. Sounds like a problem on your side.
-Leakypants
-Leakyskull
-Leakybrains


-Leakyburn(Cimator)
-Midgety Claus
-Runawayop
-Rampageop

Hienzwar
Posts: 138

Re: SH proposal

Post#76 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:26 pm

At lower RR its pretty easy to cut through you, that said the speed at which a SH can do this when macro'd to the eyeballs is insane - ranged or melee.

Its frustrating however happens on both sides.

User avatar
Brutinho
Posts: 145

Re: SH proposal

Post#77 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:29 pm

cimator wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:19 pm
PlagueMonk wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:38 pm

Not just melee. I was attacked by a rSH passing by a keep under siege a couple days ago. I got a little too close so I was just in range and pew pew pew pew pew arrows came at me. I was dead in < 2 secs as a RR50 WP with decent gear. I'm sorry but it's ALREADY bull**** as it is. Not only that but right after he dropped me a SW fell prey and then a Slayer exactly the same way. He killed all 3 of us in < 10 secs spamming a single ability. How can you justify that? Both the SW and Slayer were 40 as well and while I can't speak to their RR, all of us should have at least a LITTLE time to react at our level. Where is my "i win" single button spam?
Looks like a newbie complaining about stuff when you dont even have basic game knowledge yet. Roll an RSH, and let me know when you kill 3 ppl in 10 seconds by yourself with a "single ability".

A side note: As a healer you shouldn't even die to any 1 dps, let alone a WP dying to a solo rSH. Sounds like a problem on your side.
Let's give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he just got to T4 and the rSH had invader+

:)
[BG] Amelios RR8X
[SQ] Gittens RR8X
[WE] Flaquita RR6X
[KOBS] Quarterback RR6X

User avatar
Sera
Posts: 84

Re: SH proposal

Post#78 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:44 am

cimator wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:12 pm
Sera wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:19 pm
cimator wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:35 pm
Agreed, tho I think What Blocka? is fine as it is, current damage of the rSH is a lot better now, armor debuff on the move would be too overkill imo.
But range should be definitely increased, 65ft is basically pounce range, kiting feels horrible atm.
It should be either 100ft base, or if the devs want to keep quick shootin lower range than big shootin' for lore/roleplay reasons, it should be 80ft or 85ft.
Why should you auto-win against all melee? Only 2 classes got Pounce and only one can spam it for a cost of not using a pet.
So if the range is more than 65ft you would consider that auto-win against all melee? Then what would you say for every other ranged class in the game?
Could answer that yourself, most ranged DPS classes don't have a run speed tactic + escaping skills and can't be dangerous while moving, Squigs can. Just you understand where I'm standing, I'm not saying some skills can't have higher range and my highest RR destro char is a Squig and I love it. I believe balance is important, so the game doesn't die.
Sera

Ads
Snowhawk
Posts: 92

Re: SH proposal

Post#79 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:19 pm

the most in this thread i can read from others is:
Take BS Talents out to QS... or BS talents arent good in my QS playstyle... or increase my QS range....

Simple question: Why you dont play BS?

rSH does not mean only the Path of Quick Shooting :D

I can also say the other way round:
"i want all the cool stuff from QS in BS!"
"I want shootin wif the wind for BS!"

the developers just want you to not be able to use everything.
Cool Stuff in BS? Play BS
Cool Stuff in QS? Play QS
Both Worlds? Limited skills.

i think it's good that explodin arrer, poison arrer and tatctics is so high in bs.
Not so fast! is available to everyone in playstyle with 100ft... Oh you want QS & Boucing? then make a decision...

the most important: You can respec alway. Even during a siege.

Jurki
Posts: 31

Re: SH proposal

Post#80 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:07 pm

Snowhawk wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:19 pm
the most in this thread i can read from others is:
Take BS Talents out to QS... or BS talents arent good in my QS playstyle... or increase my QS range....

Simple question: Why you dont play BS?

rSH does not mean only the Path of Quick Shooting :D

I can also say the other way round:
"i want all the cool stuff from QS in BS!"
"I want shootin wif the wind for BS!"

the developers just want you to not be able to use everything.
Cool Stuff in BS? Play BS
Cool Stuff in QS? Play QS
Both Worlds? Limited skills.

i think it's good that explodin arrer, poison arrer and tatctics is so high in bs.
Not so fast! is available to everyone in playstyle with 100ft... Oh you want QS & Boucing? then make a decision...

the most important: You can respec alway. Even during a siege.
I dont want to be rude but i advise you to read again, since the argumentation seems a bit off for my taste. Taking stuff out from BS to QS? That happened in the patch and is open for discussion. Dont want to repeat myself on the topic of the viability of QS. Also the justification of that change because you have the opportunity to play BS is odd too since we already have enough stationary rdps in the game and its certainly not a stationary one when thinking about a goblin rdps. I think its allowed and healthy to have a mobile class but mobility is related to other requirements to actually work but i would repeat myself right now if i would try to explain that again.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: emiliorv, FakeNews, GamesBond, Madmagnus, Twyxx, yoluigi and 29 guests