Recent Topics

Ads

Proposal For The Reworked RSH

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
cimator

Proposal For The Reworked RSH

Post#1 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:39 pm

This is but a small tweak for the rSH rework. I think the changes overall were on the right path, but it went too far both on terms of the damage buff and the range debuff it got. Current rSH deals almost the same damage as an MDPS but the range feels like one aswell. Idea here is to find more of a middle ground of reworked rSH and the old rSH.

1- Shootin' Wif Da Wind (right tree 11 point);

Change the effect to: Grants 160 weapon skill(or could be %15 armor pen) and +15 feet range(roughly %23) to all Quick Shootin' abilities.

2- Sharpened Arrers (left tree 3 point)

Change the effect to: Grants you %10 critical hit chance for you and your pet as long as you have an active pet. (Critical damage for the 2 abilities removed)

Rest of the rework changes not affected.

Q1: Why the swap of the armor pen and crit tactic?
A: Big shootin spec is based heavily on Poison Arrer which has no use of armor pen. Having the crit chance as a global buff and the armor pen being limited to right tree makes more sense than the other way around.

Q2: Isnt the proposed crit tactic just a worse version of Engi's Tracer Rounds?
A: Tracer rounds is an 11 point tactic, this is on 3 points in mastery and it grants crit to your pet aswell.

Q3: Why 80ft range and not 100ft like the old times?
A: With the rework's damage buff it would simply be too powerful. And it makes more sense to keep the ranges of the RDPS at 120ft for engi/magus, 100ft for BW/Sorc and 80ft for rSH
-Leakypants
-Leakyskull
-Leakybrains

-Leakyburn(Cimator)
-Midgety Claus
-Runawayop
-Rampageop

Ads
Grunbag
Former Staff

Re: Proposal For The Reworked RSH

Post#2 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:53 pm

BS isn’t full of elemental / Corp damage , only 2 abilties will check for resist , rest will check for armor. And there is a tactic that already negate resist check at 7 pts.

Actual sharpened arrer increase armor pen for both BS and QS abilties anyway , which makes it usefull for both tree. We are still looking for how players adapt to the new range.

Noted your suggestions anyway.
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Snowhawk

Post#3 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:31 pm

edited... can be deleted.

bloodydevilx

Post#4 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:02 pm

there are very few RSH that are playing now unfortunately. i have been trying to keep and open mind on it. but im going to be honest. the changes feel very bad. both specs don't feel good anymore. the plink poison arrow needs its execute to feel good again. and the difference in range doesn't synergize anymore for rotation. im still testing in scs and solo rvr. with a guard and heals it feels ok since you can play more up. but if anyone looks at you. you die instantly. the pet feels really good atm. a bit on the strong side. if i pop m1 and SF than send my squig at a healer that is sleeping or focused on healers others. his health with disappear very fast.

Snowhawk

Post#5 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:20 pm

but the new 3 seconds stun is good i think :)

Poison Arrer, Eplodin Arrer (when fixed), Not so Fast! (3sec stun) are fun.

Jabba

Post#6 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:34 pm

They shouldn't have got it to begin with
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

adapter
Suspended

Post#7 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:39 pm

bloodydevilx wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:02 pm there are very few RSH that are playing now unfortunately. i have been trying to keep and open mind on it. but im going to be honest. the changes feel very bad. both specs don't feel good anymore. the plink poison arrow needs its execute to feel good again. and the difference in range doesn't synergize anymore for rotation. im still testing in scs and solo rvr. with a guard and heals it feels ok since you can play more up. but if anyone looks at you. you die instantly. the pet feels really good atm. a bit on the strong side. if i pop m1 and SF than send my squig at a healer that is sleeping or focused on healers others. his health with disappear very fast.
Exactly, rotation feels off without Finish 'em off, it's like spamm plink and every 5s poison arrer. M1+Squig Frenzy is cool for those 15s u become deadly.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon