Vanquisher to Invader medallion Conversion.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
tomolyons

Vanquisher to Invader medallion Conversion.

Post#1 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:23 pm

Hi all.

I'm not sure if this has been bought up before but there has been a lot controversy regarding the issue.

There is a big issue at the moment with the grind after obtaining vanquisher to get to obtaining the full invader set. This is mainly due the fact that you can only get invader medallions in green bags and above. And gold giving only 3, with no chance of a piece of invader dropping. (Sad times)

This as a whole forces players to only want to do forts and city runs because they simply cannot be bothered to like me, spend 5 hours tonight in RvR earning only 1 invader medallion because of stalemates and no sieges. It takes the fun out of earning something.

I have now 251 vanquisher medallions in my backpack and I have nothing to do with them other than collect them like a hoarder hoping one day they will become valuable (literally)

Just a simple 10:1 conversion rate for vanquisher to invader would be a great way to keep high RR players in oRvR and not just play for forts and cities which happens a lot.

I've heard rumours of the devs not interested in doing anything about the conversion/grind issue and I will simply say with you guys not being interested. People are losing their interest in return. Something to think about eh. :)

Ads
ChicagoJoe

Re: Vanquisher to Invader medallion Conversion.

Post#2 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:35 pm

Yeah this has been brought up before. Like alot. I don't think the devs will do a conversion at that level, if ever. It would have to be at a much higher level, like 100 or 500 because some of us have 1,000s of them. I think Chinesehero had 30,000.

It would be nice to buy something else with them or to turn off their collection right now if we don't benefit. I think in the loot settings invader and sov are mythic but their shards are very rare, so there is a disincentive to pass on very rares. Maybe its changed.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

CountTalabecland

Post#3 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:02 am

I know it doesnt matter because the devs have already decided not to do conversion, but I agree with the OP.

All currency should convert up to the next set. Otherwise you get what we have now where its way harder to get Invader gear than it needs to be because the currency cant be gained through converison (other than the 5:1 super rare shard drops woot :roll: ) and the gear is locked behind forts that happen at random time and are locked behind the inscrutable reservation system.

Getting through Vanq gear is pretty smooth but you hit a wall at invader and begin the game of pre-fort zone/city logging and trying to gauge SoR pop (hence why it was changed) to try get as many lock and forts as possible rather than the pre-Invader gear where you are playing the game as its meant to be and you're not worried about sinking 4 hrs into the game with little to no progression because your realms not getting a fort or city.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

tomolyons

Post#4 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:59 am

Glad there are people on board. I totally understand that the devs dont want invader to be obtained so easily. But if you're sinking hours into rvr and not forts, you should still be rewarded regardless which we currently are BUT we just can't convert those pesky vanquisher medallions up to invader lol.

billyk

Post#5 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:09 am

The current system encourages people to throw end zones so they get forts. This is a bad idea. I agree, Vanqs should be transformable to Inv.

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#6 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:11 am

There are no current plans to have a Vanquisher > Invader conversion.

Panodil

Post#7 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:00 am

There has been so much talk about invader being so much easier than vanq to obtain.
So strange thats its also other way around.
🤔
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

saupreusse
Developer

Post#8 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:20 am

ChicagoJoe wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:35 pm Yeah this has been brought up before. Like alot. I don't think the devs will do a conversion at that level, if ever. It would have to be at a much higher level, like 100 or 500 because some of us have 1,000s of them. I think Chinesehero had 30,000.

It would be nice to buy something else with them or to turn off their collection right now if we don't benefit. I think in the loot settings invader and sov are mythic but their shards are very rare, so there is a disincentive to pass on very rares. Maybe its changed.
Ppl like me who sit on thousands of vanq medallions dont need any royals anyway, because our chars are fully geared. So there wouldnt really be any harm

Ads
Sinisterror

Post#9 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:22 am

People having huge amounts of useless medalilions and people having very hard time to obtain some gear but lets just not be interested in changing badly designed things and lets badly design new things=)
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

tristess

Post#10 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:28 am

Since this thread already got a no from staff, it might be better to start a new thread on a broader subject than just conversion. That being said, for invader progression as EU destro it's currently better to play during off times, when order population is low, to get a few sieges quickly. Playing during prime time, when there is a lot of action is much slower. I think this is not a situation that supports a dynamic campaign.