Vanquisher to Invader medallion Conversion.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Lithenir

Re: Vanquisher to Invader medallion Conversion.

Post#11 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:00 am

Once you got your vanq gear you will obtain invader meds in bags from rvr. It's actually easier than ever to get your invader gear, just participate in rvr. You don't even need to attack/defend fortresses.
Tbh I don't really see a problem

Ads
Vaul

Post#12 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:46 am

One idea I've had is that if a Fort/City happens whilst you are offline but you have contributed significantly to that by participating in the campaign you should get some small token reward (e.g. a shard or three).

Devs said on Q&A though they want to try make end game more accessible during primetime, less stalemates, so be good to wait and see what they're thinking on that.
Deadlakes (Marauder)
Shoreditch (Zealot)
Vhannos (Chosen)

Serbiansword

Post#13 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:23 pm

Lithenir wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:00 am Once you got your vanq gear you will obtain invader meds in bags from rvr. It's actually easier than ever to get your invader gear, just participate in rvr. You don't even need to attack/defend fortresses.
So you need to complete the whole vanq set in order to start getting invader meds from RvR bags? And here I am, RR73, 5 invaders and 2 vanq items, never got the full vanq set, having hard time farming invaders from Forts and Cities. And yeah, I started passing vanq medalls on rolls and bags a long time ago. I stopped playing back at 2018 and got back 2 months ago so I'm missing a lot of information. We need a **** general guide on medals and sets as a sticky post.

Noslock

Post#14 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:56 pm

Yes please i need more invader pieces to salvage for fragments

VindicoAtrum

Post#15 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:15 pm

Vaul wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:46 am
Devs said on Q&A though they want to try make end game more accessible during primetime, less stalemates, so be good to wait and see what they're thinking on that.
I'm so very glad to see they've said this, because lately it's "be in NA or no fort/cities for you!"

tomolyons

Post#16 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:55 pm

GamesBond wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:11 am There are no current plans to have a Vanquisher > Invader conversion.
Ok. Yet the devs make changes to SOR which wasnt really a majority agreement. My suggestion however seems to be what a majority of people want yet it doesnt even get discussed

Gurf

Post#17 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:57 pm

tomolyons wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:55 pm
GamesBond wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:11 am There are no current plans to have a Vanquisher > Invader conversion.
Ok. Yet the devs make changes to SOR which wasnt really a majority agreement. My suggestion however seems to be what a majority of people want yet it doesnt even get discussed
Many people want easy loot, but doesn't mean its good for the game to give it out

DirkDaring

Post#18 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:19 pm

Lithenir wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:00 am Once you got your vanq gear you will obtain invader meds in bags from rvr. It's actually easier than ever to get your invader gear, just participate in rvr. You don't even need to attack/defend fortresses.

This , I got full invader on two different characters back when they first added forts, you didn't get invader shards in RVR, there was no invader medallions in bags outside of a Fort, I still have 16 gold bags, and 12 purple bags rotting in bank, from back then, as it was all vanquisher medallions, or vanq armor, or Sub weapons none of which i needed .

back then city wasn't out either, and on average to get full invader set with ring, took around 30, to 40 forts, depending on luck on bag rolls. I took a break for a year, came back and now you are given invader and royals in bags just for winning, or defending a keep, don't even need to go to fort, or city to get medallions, how much easier do we need it .
Last edited by DirkDaring on Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#19 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:22 pm

tomolyons wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:55 pm
You seem to be confused. The server isn't run by majority opinion. You're welcome to play the game as it's being designed and provide constructive criticism, but it's not a democratic process. We will make decisions that are less popular if it provides the outcomes we're aiming for. Here's a more in-depth read about it. viewtopic.php?f=52&t=16391
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Jastojan

Post#20 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:08 pm

billyk wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:09 am The current system encourages people to throw end zones so they get forts. This is a bad idea. I agree, Vanqs should be transformable to Inv.
I feel it the same and it is sad to see throwing zones. I do not like forts and cities to be honest and there is no way to get eq in lakes (which have to be captured to get to forts and cities - so open zones are important part of game too) in reasonable time. I love open RvR zones but the motivation to play them (and play the whole game) is getting lower and lower because everyone is chasing the endgame gear so most of ppl is aiming for forts and cities. I have 650+ vanq on my SH right now (4 pieces of inv eq only), 500+ on Sorc (2 inv parts), 500+ on Zeal (4 inv parts, almost 3 vanq full sets - with willpower, thougness, armor talismans), same on Mara, BO,... . And I am "really excited" to farm sov eq after invader (shard after shard, lootbag after lootbag) in lakes too. :-/

Even 20 vanq : 1 inv/sov (when full invader) ratio would be better than nothing.
Last edited by Jastojan on Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.