Recent Topics

Ads

Hard mode option for Dungeons

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
space44

Hard mode option for Dungeons

Post#1 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:48 pm

For a pretty long time ive experienced couple of bugs from Gunbad which has been fixed pretty quick by the devs when it gets reported. Some personally notable bugs are when mobs had a larger agro radius and when mobs/bosses had quick respawn timers which in most cases made the dungeon experience more interesting than an inconvenience. The bugs that i have mentioned made dungeon runs more interactive in the way of time management between pulls and coordination of adds and the newly respawned mobs.

Ideas on how to make this happen
  • Before the entrance portal to the dungeon ports you in it gives a Normal or Hard option
  • Hard mobs/bosses gets more HP and does more damage. mobs have quicker respawns but cant be butchered, scavenged, or looted the second time around till a new instance open
  • Boss drops additional rewards for example 3 pieces of Redeye or 3 pieces of sentinel
  • random rare drops are increased slightly
  • Influence gained doubled and weekly repeatable quests for a stack of 3 or 6 high level Blue crafting mats for example Gunbad = 150 mats, BB/BE and C&T = 175 mats, and BS = 200 mats (can be subject to change when more dungeons release)
  • Hard instances can allow a closed warband of 12 members to enter
  • Hard lockout timers lasts longer than Normal and shares the same place with Normal mode timer so players cant capitalize 2 dungeon runs
  • increased currency drop for example 5 or 3 gold split between party members, final bosses drop 13 or 16 gold split between party members
  • party members can earn titles for killing all bosses in the dungeon without dying for example Gunbad: Night Goblin Slayer, BB/BE: Defiler of Gods, C&T: Acolyte of Sigmar, BS: Brass champion
This was a suggestion ive been thinking of for a long long while. Im sure the dev team has a lot of plans on their plate but this idea has been in my head for a long time and i wanted to put this out there for anyone who wants to talk about it or build upon the idea of this concept.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

Ads
Mistdancer

Re: Hard mode option for Dungeons

Post#2 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:32 pm

This is not world of warcraft, nor should it aspire to become a clone of wow. Pve should have one level of difficulty, based on the gear tier players that are its audience. Especially Gunbad, already is an interesting and reasonably challenging dungeon for low geared folks.

sKrissy

Post#3 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:34 pm

IMO, this is great idea for people who are more willing to do pve shet than pvp.

Sponn
Suspended

Post#4 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:35 pm

Sounds like a waste of dev time/resources all things considered.

In another universe where there are 30 people working on this game and EA/Mythic allows us to financially support the project it would be a great suggestion IMO.

space44

Post#5 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:45 pm

Mistdancer wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:32 pm This is not world of warcraft, nor should it aspire to become a clone of wow. Pve should have one level of difficulty, based on the gear tier players that are its audience. Especially Gunbad, already is an interesting and reasonably challenging dungeon for low geared folks.
the idea is for higher end geared players such as Sov and Invader to have a challenge with dungeons, i can see where you are getting the idea of a "clone of wow" but i havent placed this suggestion with that in mind. I know that WaR is a PvP focused game but there are dungeons, quests, and Public Quests. Having hard mode is so the game can have some aspect of raids in the way of dungeons that has the difficulty for larger group play. i can agree that Gunbad is an interesting dungeon and it is reasonably challenging but when your a player who is a dungeon junky, Gunbad is almost as easy as a walk in the park. Hard mode is offering greater challenge that comes with greater rewards.
Last edited by space44 on Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

space44

Post#6 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:49 pm

sKrissy wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:34 pm IMO, this is great idea for people who are more willing to do pve shet than pvp.
Yes, i love the game. I can confidently say i spend 24 hours a day playing WaR and imo i loved the PvE side of the game and wished it was more looked upon by the devs and my suggestion is something ive been having in mind for years but wasnt ready to share till now

DirkDaring

Post#7 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:35 am

could always do the dungeon without pots, buffs, or armor, and just equip weapons

space44

Post#8 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:40 am

DirkDaring wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:35 am could always do the dungeon without pots, buffs, or armor, and just equip weapons
To be very honest i don't use pots, buffs, and liniments when doing dungeons and i usually don't advise my party i do dungeon runs with to use them either i honestly don't advise it to anyone, currently dungeons are mediocre. In some cases i would do full runs with out a shield and a 1 handed weapon and still have a flawless run, i'm not just talking about Gunbad when doing this.

what your saying is to limit yourself by removing armor and basic preparation, that's not hard mode that's inconveniencing yourself and the party, although basic preparation isn't needed in current dungeon difficulties the equipment on your back always is. The concept of hard mode is to make players feel like they need the best of the best preparation in order to defeat the challenges and obtain the rewards.
Last edited by space44 on Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
wonshot

Post#9 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:44 am

Sponn wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:35 pm Sounds like a waste of dev time/resources all things considered.
I dont disagree with you, but when you think about more total pve dungeonsruns are completed than ranked scenario per day and ranked is getting this much attention it makes you wonder about dev resources contra community focus :P
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Glorian

Post#10 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:25 am

Like said earlier the RoR team is not a software project. They don't have 6 developers and the team leader says: "Yo, 4 of you work on gear you two do Dungeons for today."

There is for most parts one guy who loves to do something and set his time and energy to get something running.
Because it is a voluntary project. Not a job. Of course it all comes together with the team and the patches.

But RoR development is not a worker place game. ;)