Recent Topics

Ads

Aoe for a dps shaman

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
ByzantineTime
Suspended

Aoe for a dps shaman

Post#1 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:55 am

Hi guys,
I want to make a suggestion to make shaman maybe viable for the aoe zerg fast, I know most of you hate shammies but hear me out first at least ;)

As of right now in path of gork mastery tree, "Gedoff" spell at , 5 is completely useless not worth taking it whatsoever, now Da waaagh is coming at 13, is also very weak not worth taking it, my suggestion is like this.

Remove Gedoff and replace it with a spell, that makes Life leaka the dot, an AOE dot that marks everyone at 40ft range from the targeted target, example (if i put on a slayer let's say everyone 40ft next to him will get marked by the dot), once 3 stacks are active it will explode and deal a certain amount of damage. The spell has no cooldown and lasts for 10 seconds which means it can be spammable in zerg fights.

Da Waagh Is coming -> Keep it as it is for balance sake, just make it hit instead of 9 targets up to 24targets, even tho 5sec cooldown on it might be long I would say increase range to 100ft.

Thoughts? and again guys try not to hate as much even that a lot of you dont like us da gobbos ^_^

Ads
Dabbart

Re: Aoe for a dps shaman

Post#2 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:41 am

How many 100ft AoE abilities are there in the game? Please go take a look. 80ft matches traditional RDPS AoE range.

DWiC! 5s CD works alongside WAAAAGH! or Chop Fasta!, alongside your Shatter proc tactic makes DWIC! situationally really powerful. It also hits quite hard, with over 1600 unmitigated crits possible.

Gedoff! is used mostly in keep/fort battles to knock players off walls. It works really well. And I am sure a lot of sham's would miss it.

Sham has choices of AoE abilities already, between DWiC!, FoDG, and S'cuse Me! They aren't supposed to be an awesome Bombing DPS, as they already have good heals, good ST damage, great utility, and awesome escape...

How do you see DPS Shamans as lacking in AoE?

Edit: How about we REMOVE some targetless AoE abilities, and lessen AoE spam instead of increasing it... Just, y'know a thought...
Last edited by Dabbart on Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

adapter
Suspended

Post#3 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:42 am

I would love that, instead of the Target requierement for the AoE spells, it could be aimed at the ground with no need of a target and add to that a small increase in range.

An increase in range for both ST and AoE spells could be good, maybe a tactic with that effect. This could be for Archmage too.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

ByzantineTime
Suspended

Post#4 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:25 pm

Dabbart wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:41 am How many 100ft AoE abilities are there in the game? Please go take a look. 80ft matches traditional RDPS AoE range.

DWiC! 5s CD works alongside WAAAAGH! or Chop Fasta!, alongside your Shatter proc tactic makes DWIC! situationally really powerful. It also hits quite hard, with over 1600 unmitigated crits possible.

Gedoff! is used mostly in keep/fort battles to knock players off walls. It works really well. And I am sure a lot of sham's would miss it.

Sham has choices of AoE abilities already, between DWiC!, FoDG, and S'cuse Me! They aren't supposed to be an awesome Bombing DPS, as they already have good heals, good ST damage, great utility, and awesome escape...

How do you see DPS Shamans as lacking in AoE?

Edit: How about we REMOVE some targetless AoE abilities, and lessen AoE spam instead of increasing it... Just, y'know a thought...
What is shatter proc tactic on a shaman?
IDK maybe perhaps with chop fasta! DwiC! is good, but it still only hits 9 targets when rest of aoe in game hits 24 targets if not all targets within a range ex(30ft of you, 40ft of you etc), maybe this can be changed.

Gedoff! I would gladly replace this for my offer, just because it's only useful then in keep/fort battles to knock people off, but fairly pretty useless when immunity is turned on for knockdowns and such, and cannons can do a similar job.

You can't call scuse me! a damage aoe, it's a debuff aoe spell*
FODG, might try it with tactic that removes base healing adds more damage only requires bis end gear for +2, to get this and Dwic! might have some aoe there, but needs testing, fodg only hits 4 targets so can't be too sure about it, maybe the tactic can also add that it will hit 24 people :).

That's how I see the huge lack of Aoe in dps shamans, it's pratically non exsistent as of right now, maybe only dwic with chop fasta! but still dependable on others, and hits 9 targets, I know you will stay it's a teamplay but rest of dps classes aren't dependable, and I know you will say you're a healer class, but my healer spec is gimped and other healers are better + healing fodg also dependable on chop fasta! which makes me sub par, nevertheless, the dps tree can be improved, my opinion at least :)

And for your last point the edit, you know the game is AOE focused right now, so I'm going in with the flow and trying to make myself useful in zergs and warbands instead of feeling like I'm last guy to get picked in sports cheers :)

Arbich
Suspended

Post#5 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:04 pm

Shatter tactic is morks touch. The tactic that might make dps shaman somewhat useful in city.
Shaman/AM have decent specs for smalescale (heal and dps) and largescale (lifetap heal) fights. Other classes (pure dps classes) also have different specs for different situations (except for slayers). I get your point, but you shouldn't get everything in one spec (like slayer).
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

ByzantineTime
Suspended

Post#6 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:53 pm

Arbich wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:04 pm Shatter tactic is morks touch. The tactic that might make dps shaman somewhat useful in city.
Shaman/AM have decent specs for smalescale (heal and dps) and largescale (lifetap heal) fights. Other classes (pure dps classes) also have different specs for different situations (except for slayers). I get your point, but you shouldn't get everything in one spec (like slayer).
I haven't tried that tactic in cities, but let's say I go with your example with sov+2 mastery points, and I want to take FODG with waaagh frenzy tactic for damage FODG, I don't have enough tactic slots to get everything to be viable dps unless I give up touch of gork and then I won't have the solo burst from bunch of waaagh, anyway, this might work but it requires end game gear with sov+2 so for lowered geared players not viable unless they give some stuff up, which the minimum is at least 40/70, and that is quite a road up ahead for a dps healer, while others dps get all their necessary stuff already at 40/40 which makes sense, it's a dps spec, but still.

Nevertheless, Fodg only damages 4 targets even if I run damage tactic with it, with no base healing value, and you must agree gedoff kinda useless, and Dwic is hitting only 9 targets with a 5 sec cooldown underpowered as hell, will you get everything in a dps tree with my suggestion? kinda.. but not for sure I mean you also need da green tree for maximum AOE with damaging FODG ( tactic + spell), and that requires mastery+2, any class at 40/80 with sov+2 will have almost 2 full trees, so.. it's not really like MSH with everything inside the middle tree.. without sov+2 you can't have everything ( dps tree+dps fodg with tactic). Anyway my point is you will still need to mix two trees depends on what you go for, and any class at sov+2 gets almost 2 maxed trees, in my opinion kinda same as everyone else.. just buff some weak spells or maybe remove a useless one, with a change I suggested, it's just a suggestion can talk about it ofc ^_^

Arbich
Suspended

Post#7 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:14 pm

The plan was (for AM, which is maybe a bit more suited for this with dissipating energies):

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 04,3470&t=

But as you apparently cant use EoV on the move while have penetrating siphon active (just tested. same with waagh freezy?), its kind of **** anyway. There is also a "heal" spec with the shatter tactic, which might be better due to not require sov+2 and EoV on the move. But only theorycrafting, never tested myself.

My point is, Shaman/AM are in a ok spot atm. They can fill a role in every enviroment, just not every role in every environment. Some small adjustments (buffs) might be justified (as DoK/WP and Zealots/RP are still prefered in city), but I dont think changing shaman/AM from terrible dps in city to mediocre dps in city is the right way.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM